Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...
Just in case this helps anyone, but if you log in with your old account and you're missing you last 2 inventory slots, there's a little gnome parcel merchant next to the Dogle bank in the Plane of Knowledge where you can reclaim the stuff that was in those slots.

I think you only have until 4/15/2012 to do it, though.

I was freaking out because my Epic was in one of those slots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Is the Fellowship Experience mechanic still in the game? How does that work, and experience sharing from a higher level killing mobs for someone else lower level in the same group?

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Enjoying life on the Zek server again, though it's pretty deserted like you'd expect. The people who were still active say free-to-play has quadrupled the number of people around, though.

Anyone else playing on it right now? We've got a bunch of characters in the 60-75 range right now, mostly geared with a fair amount of AA's.

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004

cryptoclastic posted:

Tomorrow will be spent researching and seeing what the heck I should do now. I'm guessing I'm ridiculously undergeared now, so I guess I'll see if any of these new-fangled "quests" are worth looking into.
As far as mid 60's gear goes, it's tough to beat Elaborate Defiant gear for the cost.

There's also a lot of gear that becomes wearable at 65 that should be cheap in the bazaar, and it's very good.

You can also buy Elaborate Defiant pieces from a Vendor in the POK for your Ears, Neck, Face and Rings.

There is a hot zone quest guy in the POK over by the Guild Hall entrance who gives you daily quests. The rewards for those are Elaborate Defiant for your Waist, Back and Shoulders.

I'd say go hire a tank merc, and then go roll through lower level content for money. At 65, you could be farming in a number of old world spots that would still give you exp, and you'll be getting stuff like gems and just raw money drops.

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
I was able to solo my epic 1.5 as a Shaman around 70 or 75 I think. It's very doable.

Does anyone have any advice for what quests/progression lines affect your character's permanent stats? I seem to remember some instanced dungeon quests that could do that.

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
On my 65 monk, I pop Lesson then pull between 6 and 8 mobs and Riposte Disc / AOE them down.

Then I log out. Disciplines and AA abilities refresh while you're logged out, but Lesson does not wear out.

It lets me get about 22-25 AA's per Lesson and I only wind up playing about 40 minutes of actual time (when you factor in the logging in and logging out).

The downside is that I'll have to level up soon since I don't have many other good spots to put his points :(

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004

xZAOx posted:

That's why I ended up pushing on up some leveling at around 100 AA. Several of the AA I wanted were level restricted. From what everyone said, at 70 the AA exp would be better since I could kill faster thanks to the next tier of defiant gear, better AA and discs, and I can get my epic 2.0.

Is there an actual Riposte Disc? Or do you mean Whirlwind? And how are you AOE'ing them down? That one AA?
You got it - Whirlwind is the discipline, and Destructive Fury is the AA.

I start by popping Whirlwind and then once it's down, I pop Innerflame and Destructive Fury.

I usually end the fight around 30% health or so. I Unsuspend my merc to heal me as I log out, and then suspend it when I log back in.

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
We have some people playing on Zek currently! Send Bigandimportant or Ubuh a tell in game, or introduce yourself around here.

We're currently around level 70-75, but we have a number of characters at various levels.

The PVP has been pretty solid so far and we've had no problems finding it if we want it. We're playing a Shaman and Bard duo primarily so we tend to be unkillable. The downside is we're not really threatening. We can kill people's mercs and run them out of mana, but we can't really seal the deal.

If anyone wants to jump in as a DPS class with us, it'd be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Are there any relatively new progression servers out, either official or emulated?