Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike1o1
Sep 5, 2004
Tiluvas
I have the game installed and was playing fine a few days ago, and have an active subscription paid through April 15. Now when I click to try and play it's asking me where to install the trial. Is this just a part of the servers being down? I don't want to have to re-download everything.

Also, I have a few characters on Povar that I'm tempted to transfer over to Luclin. If I can transfer them and keep all the gear, I'll probably do so, especially if the items go on sale!

71 Ranger with a few hundred AA and Epic 1.0
80 SK with 650 or so AA and epic 1.5
57 Monk with no AA
50 Bard that I'm bored of playing

So far I like the SK the best, as swarming is really fun now that I'm at 80. 75-80 was painful, and I basically just bought task adds to power through that range. I've never played any of these characters in a group setting, so I'm hesitant as I hear SK's are super gear dependent and I don't really know how to pull. =/

I played a high end bard and ranger during Velious so I'm familiar with those group concepts, but I have no idea how tanking or pulling have changed since then. Any quick guides on 80+ grouping roles and what to expect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike1o1
Sep 5, 2004
Tiluvas

GodIsInTheTrees posted:

The ranger/monk/bard are all going to be far less dependent on grinding AA until your eyes bleed. Swarming is fun as gently caress though so if you don't mind cranking another 1k or 1500 AA doing it before doing anything else, play the SK like a baller :frogc00l:

Basically I've been burning my lesson on the SK in Paw, which gets me 20-25 AA per lesson. Then I camp the SK and level the monk. I haven't played the Ranger in probably a year, because I kind of hit a lull with him at 71 (or 72, I forget).

Mike1o1
Sep 5, 2004
Tiluvas
Wow, servers are actually up!

I know the OP has a different recommended skin, but I love VertUI and it's already been updated.

Here is a link to Vert blue:

http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=6274