Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawaii Kiwi
Sep 22, 2004
I'm a sad panda too.
Okay so I played EQ1 from Velious til that godforsaken piece of poo poo Gates of Discord, and I'm not going to lie, I was probably the best goddamned enchanter on the entire server. So when I see things like monks get aoe Mez and such, what things do enchanters in particular get to make their class useful? Specifically, have there been nerfs to charm so that I could not, for example, charm a guy, give it a swiftblade of zek, a mage summoned weapon, haste it and send it to create a fine mist of blood in the direction I point it in?

As for other classes having good sources of mana regen, great for them. I've always thought downtime in EQ was a horrible, terrible thing, and waiting around at a bank for someone to mass group buff C3 just so they didn't have to spend ungodly amounts of time waiting for that stupid blue bar to fill back up was awful.

But to get back to my main point, you mention that it's a class for advanced players, and I'm just curious if you could kind of give me a frame of reference as to what an enchanter is expected to do in groups now with everyone else apparently having a bunch of utility spells designed to not let them get overwhelmed by monsters from EVERYWHERE. I primarily viewed my class role as ridiculous dps via charming and also keeping everyone alive when something Bad happened.

Is this still the case here, or are enchanters more mez bots and buff bots?

Sorry if this came off as a bit :smugdog: I'm just curious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawaii Kiwi
Sep 22, 2004
I'm a sad panda too.

GodIsInTheTrees posted:

Enchanters blow

Haha that's amazing. I mean to be fair, enchanter mezzes had memblurs attached to them. That went off maybe 20% of the time. Maybe.

That's really funny though, thanks for your quick answer!!