Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

ponzicar posted:

For getting regular experience, kill dark blue or higher conning monsters. That works a lot better, unless you're with a headshotting ranger or doing some other method of really fast killing.

I thought the idea behind the Hole was that since it was an old-world zone, stuff doesn't hit so hard, so you can just constantly kill poo poo. I remember farting around a little bit in some of the PoP zones before I quit last time, and actually having some downtime while killing stuff as a monk with a tank merc. Healer merc was slower to kill obviously, and I think still had a bit of downtime.

I've just recently come back to my 66 monk, and the Hole didn't seem all that bad. Great plat loot too, I think I got about 4k from a few hours of farming the light blues in the hole.

I'm on Povar-Quellious in case there's anyone else who wants to mess around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

JustJeff88 posted:

My 80 Shadow Knight has his 2.0 and it's almost broken... it's that good. My bard also has his (also level 80), and it is fantastic except for the fact that it, for some inane reason, doesn't instant-cast and thus interrupts my melodies.

I'm going to go ahead and ask this again, because I am genuinely baffled. Back in the summer when I was playing all the time, I couldn't play EQ on my desktop computer. After no more than 20 or 30 minutes, the screen would look like it was shattered, my system would luck up, and I would often blue screen and have to reboot. This would only happen playing EQ, so I had to play on my gaming laptop.

That laptop died on me (it could be fixed, but it would be ludicrously expensive) right before the new academic year began, and I stopped playing EQ partly due to boredom and partly due to having no time. I assumed that the problem was my crappy old video card and I recently bought a brand new, much better card (GeForce 560) for my desktop, plus I added a ton of RAM. I re-installed EQ thinking that it would run now, and the problem still persists, rendering the game unplayable. Any idea what it could be? I was sure that it was my video card, and now I just have no idea. I literally do not have this problem in any other application at any time.

Sounds like it might be overheating, especially since it's a laptop. Try setting the max fps at 50 or 60? Even though it's not difficult to render, if the fps is uncapped, then your system can hurt itself by rendering at something stupid like 200 fps.

This has the side effect of letting you use mouselook to adjust the camera vertically, which goes REALLY SLOWLY if your fps is very high. I took mine down to the 50s and now I can use mouselook.

As a separate question, what's the best progression for AA's as a newbie monk in my mid 60s? My plan right now is to aim for whatever offensive ones strike my fancy first, with the following reasoning:

I'm playing solo, and since the tank merc puts out DPS that are about even with me (or higher than me), it doesn't seem to make much sense to swap over to healer to solo harder things. As it is, I rely on the tank merc to tank, since he has insane regen, and I'm just whacking at the backs of npcs.

Also, what type of weapon is better for mid 60s into 70s for monks, 1h or 2h? Right now I'm focusing on AAs that apply to both types, but there are quite a few that only affect dual wielding, or 2h weapons. Or are the special attack AA's really valuable early? My initial thought was that since special attacks are so little of my damage right now, the autoattack stuff is higher priority.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

jetz0r posted:

If I can tank one SoD mob comfortably, my SK can tank 160 of them.

:stare: Jesus christ.

And in response to the dude with the computer issues, there's a frame limit built into EQ - I think it's under display tab. It's a slider if I remember correctly.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
What's OMM?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

jetz0r posted:

Of course headshot is still better exp than almost anything else.

Headshotting meaning using the ranger AA that gives you a chance to instakill? Does that become efficient as soon as they get that AA? I'm thinking of switching things up from my monk when I went to one of the hot zones closer to my level, and poo poo was hitting for 700+ damage. Jesus.

Edit: Actually probably not enough patience to roll up another character, but still curious.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Pilsner posted:

Finally, remember that if you don't really enjoy a Ranger, it's not worth playing one just because they can gain fast AA. Same goes with any class with an XP farming advantage. I'm not saying rangers are bad by the way, not at all, but keep it in mind when you're jealous of other classes' farming abilities.

This is a good point. I think what I was looking for coming back to EQ1 was rushing up, getting a bunch of AAs, and seeing some fun combat spam with my monk. I never really made it up to super high levels when I was playing back in the day, so missed out on the AA progression deal. While AA's come decently fast, with how slow leveling is still, I'm thinking the payoff might not be worth it.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
What's the state of things with respect to dual / multi boxing? Is it explicitly allowed, allowed with sort of a blind eye, or could you get in trouble if your little tag-along group is too obvious?

And also in that vein, what interesting class interactions are there, particularly with monk? I remember seeing a lot of shamans back in the day, I guess it makes sense for the heals / slow. Plus that kickass DD proc buff - are there higher tier versions of that spell?

Was also thinking ranger might be an interesting pair for some afkish-dps from the bow autoattacks, and just rely on the healer merc if I need the heals.

Aside from that, it seems like it would be difficult to add other DPS classes without splitting attention too much.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

BJA posted:

I'm pretty sure boxing has been allowed since before eq even had built in windowed mode.

Wasn't sure if that changed when they went F2P, since as long as you were paying your $15 a month they have a big reason not to care.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Pon de Bundy posted:

I hate all of you. Every single loving time I read this thread, oh man it sounds fun and BAM, as soon as I log in, I hate myself.

Hating yourself is what EQ has always been about. You're getting the old school experience!

So I downloaded the trial for ISBoxer, and tried it out just running three newbie characters around in a platoon. It was pretty slow to start figuring out, but once I got the hang of it, it's pretty powerful.

I'm thinking of rolling up a bard and shaman to catch up with my 66 monk, since I was having a lot of fun with the meta-game of figuring out macros and such. Any advice before I take the plunge?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

JustJeff88 posted:

A solid trio if you round out with, say, a wizard, cleric, and tank merc.

What level should I start looking at swapping out a merc tank for wizard if I'm just looking for dps? I figure duoing up from level 1 will mostly be the 2 merc tanks killing poo poo.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
What level do I need to be for the MGBs that go out in the guild lobby to start sticking? Took me a while to remember why it wasn't working.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
So some questions about fellowships, if I'm triple-boxing. Will it work to create a campfire in the zone I'm farming, gate out with my shaman to sell loot, and then use the warp to campfire dealy to go back?

Also, if I have 1 character higher than the others, does turning on exp sharing help catch them up faster, if they're all grouped together? I know the higher level gets a larger share of the exp due to the way splitting works, but not 100% sure it would be beneficial.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
For the bard AA that increases the runspeed cap, does it affect everyone in my group that gets hit with Selos? Or just the bard? If it's the latter, it seems like that AA would be actively bad for grouping.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

pitofdespair posted:

It's great for pulling, you can't/won't always keep Selo's up.

I should have explained when I said grouping I'm thinking more about my triple-boxing, so auto-run following would get really borked. My monk is probably going to have a similar problem with his base runspeed, since he's already got Run7 (that's faster than Spirit of Shrew indoors, yeah?)

Is it possible to refund AAs?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
:tviv:

I picked up what may or may not be a full set of the Mass Group Buffs on my monk (level 66), and my attack went from 1600 to 2400. I think my max hp roughly doubled. Wonder what this does to his damage output.

Edit - Do buffs stick to mercs if I have them out? Do they make a massive difference for them?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Pilsner posted:

I'm pretty sure that CR mobs don't give particularly more XP than old world mobs, at most maybe 50% more due to a zone experience modifier (ZEM), although I've read no evidence of such. Give some of the old zones a try, and look into quad kiting at lvl 27 when you get the AoE snare. :)

Crescent Reach is one of the current hot zones, worked pretty well for me while boxing up.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
So what sort of Hero's Forge ornaments should I be on the lookout for? I saw a dude saying WTB the black cloth robe ornament, and noticed that I picked one up later. Threw it up on my bazaar alt for 45k, and it wound up selling :getin:

Aside from cloth robe ornaments is there anything super valuable that I might be finding as a mid-60s newbie?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Pilsner posted:

Going to stick with my Monk and Shaman box and add a Ranger on a third account. It sounds crazy, but I love shooting arrows even if it isn't optimal, and tracking friggin' rules. I might even fourbox, adding a Wizard. ISboxer (and my new CPU), time to show your power. :)

And bags within bags. :monocle:

I also saw something useful on the loading screen tip btw - right-click an empty spell gem, and you get a categorized pop-out menu of possible spells to scribe, rather than having to go through the spellbook. Don't forget to use spellsets either (right-click the icon at the bottom of the spell bar).

I've been using ISBoxer, and hope you have more than 4 gigs of ram if you want to step up from 2- to 3-boxing. When I added the third box it started hitting the page file nonstop, and really destroyed performance / swapping to firefox, etc. A cheap upgrade to 8 GB fixed everything.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Sancho posted:

Run to the bazaar if you can and grab a skinspike potion for level 6. Those give you a pretty strong damage shield at those low levels that help quite a bit.

But when you're using a tank mercenary (you should be using a tank mercenary) skinspikes would only work when the monster is actively beating on you.

You should also be aware that there is a "resting" regeneration state - it's next to your name in the hp/mana box. When you're in combat, you can only do "normal" meditating while you sit down / are mounted. If you're out of combat for more than 30 seconds (you can see the 30 second countdown timer below your name), and you sit down (or maybe are on a mount? I dunno) then you start regenning hp and mana MASSIVELY quickly. So once you have enough mana to go a few fights, it's most efficient to drain all your mana, then regen it all at once, so you don't hit that 30 second countdown after each fight.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Note that depending on what you enjoy, getting powerleveled straight to 85 might not be the most enjoyment. I have a lot of fun exploring zones that I never got into much back in the day (I was always too scared of Sebilis, now I can just stomp around and kill everything except Trakanon boxing a 66 monk and 2 level 50s, but it's not as pointless as if I were level 85. Managed to snag a Fungus Vest with 5 kills on the placeholder)

Especially 1-50, the levels go extremely fast. So check out Upper Guk, etc.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

TheHoosier posted:

Since im only level 19, im going to go ahead and roll a froglok shaman to multi-box with my monk. What are some suggested macros or setups? Google didnt help out too much.

Sifting through information for this game is an adventure itself...

http://isboxer.com/index.php/get-isboxer

I use ISBoxer to control multiple windows after getting turned onto it by someone else upthread. There's a free 7-day trial, then it's $15 for 3 months. Works well enough for me.

I set up keybinds in ISBoxer for things like "hold down the back arrow in my other windows when I hold down the v key", or ditto for moving forward (very useful for helping autofollow in tight corridors). I set up macros within everquest to do things like "target Devor, pause 50, then autofollow" (without the pause it tries to follow before the target resolves - then put it in a hotkey that I assign to an ISBoxer keybind. I've started to roll up some fancier ones like "in the shaman's window, target Devor, cast the puma short term buff".

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
So I realized out that I have the most fun checking the bazaar for upgrades / good deals, and made some alts to check out the bazaar on other servers. And HOLY poo poo, Firiona Vie has awesome poo poo going on in the bazaar.

Anyone else play on FV? Any words to convince or warn me off for playing on it? And how does attuneable stuff work on FV - does it turn nodrop when equipped?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
So some discussions about maybe rolling up a new three-box team if I move over to Firiona. Right now I'm doing monk / bard / shaman, and I'm thinking about dropping the bard. It seems like he doesn't add that much firepower with his songs - and it annoys me how he's always drawing aggro early with his songs when I pull a pack. Also, he's not that fun to itemize.

I definitely love having track, so thinking of swapping the bard out for a ranger. Does the bard mez start becoming necessary at higher levels? Seems like twisting more than one mez might be a little effort-intensive for a 3-boxing team. I also kind of like that the ranger has the option of DPSing from outside the scrum (though I understand it's sub-optimal).

I definitely like the shaman, with the haste and proc buffs, plus the slow. And having backup heals seems nice to complement the cleric merc. But I would be open to considering replacing the shaman with an enchanter, if mezes are really important later. I guess the mez would be better at mitigating close fights with multiple, mezzable mobs, and the shaman would be better at mitigating close fights with a single target. Any thoughts on which of these is more likely to come up?

Also thinking of swapping out the monk for a shadowknight, get to play around with some new AA's. And have the option of trying out swarming down the road.

So thinking about Shadowknight - Ranger - Shaman, or Shadowknight - Ranger - Enchanter. Any thoughts on shaman vs ench? Or the rest of the team?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

cycomatix posted:

I should also point out Bards get track at level 40, you just can't sort it like the ranger track.

That's how I got addicted to it :unsmith:

So I understand you, the SK can split well enough just by himself, if I drop the bard?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

JustJeff88 posted:

As someone who has played a bards since 2001, I am not sure why you would need to. Bards, to me, area great boxing class these days because you can setup a 4-song melody and just stand there, and they will help a ton.

I guess it seemed like all he was adding was the overhaste and spell damage aura. And while that was kinda neat, it's a little boring for filling up a slot. Some rough numbers make it look like swapping in a ranger for some more pure damage wouldn't be that much of a total damage hit.

Though it looks like the super high level auras start adding triple attack and flurry too - any other fun things I'm missing?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Arg, now I'm conflicted between bard and ranger. Is bard pick lock relevant past Old-World EQ? It was nice being able to get into all of Old Sebilis.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
So on Firiona Vie, does attuneable do anything aside from make the item unable to be vendored once it's been equipped? It seems like I can still trade defiant items after using them.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

JustJeff88 posted:

I'm going to respond to the last 3 posts in chronological order:

Attunable means that, as soon as one equips an item, it is bound to that character forever and cannot be sold. Essentially, it becomes No Trade if you ever use it, but can be sold/traded/given away if you never use it. Virtually all higher-level gear that is not No Trade is Attunable.

My question was about attunable items on Firiona Vie, the server where almost nothing is nodrop. Attunable items on FV (at least attunable defiant items) do not become no-trade. Was wondering if there was any other implication that I'm missing, since that is normally the only difference.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
So is there a reason that my mercs don't seem to be reacting to aggro / damage sometimes? I'm running SK / Shaman / Bard (level 54), with 2 tank mercs and a healer merc. I have one of the tanks' role set to tank, and my SK is main assist. The tank mercs are set to aggressive, and the healer to efficient.

When I pull 3-4 mobs, the tank does not really do much to pick up all the aggro from the adds, and the healer doesn't make any effort to top off the bard / shaman with HoTs (who often drop to 70% or so, and naturally regen up with the bard song), but will reliably top up the SK. It's not really putting things in danger right now, but if the pulls were a little tougher it might.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

ponzicar posted:

Try putting the healer to balanced. As for the tank merc, is one of your characters marked as a puller?

I'll try balanced - I assumed that wasn't it since it reacted so much more strongly to my SK.

And no, no one is marked as puller. Now that I think about it, I might be comparing my tank merc's actions right now to the mid-60s merc I was used to - which might have some additional snap aggro tools.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

JustJeff88 posted:

I feel like a right moron for posting this, but I read the post just recently about how experience is divided and how there is a bonus for having PCs in the group but not for mercs (to encourage playing with real people, obviously). However, I have a follow-up question:

I am taking advantage of the 3-day Double Experience event (and my backstock of experience potions) to get my wizard to 80 (just hit 79) and get AA for some of my older characters. Right now I have my druid, wizard, SK, and bard in the same group (no mercs). However, my druid is about to hit the AA cap (Silver accounts). My question is this: Should I leave my druid in the group after he hits his cap or boot him? Please note that I am not expanding his cap anymore (via Station Cash) until my other toons catch up and I am not intersted in leveling at this time.

The reason I ask is that people have said in this thread several times that there is a 20% experience bonus for each human player, so I am not sure how to interpret the numbers. In a group of 4, it stands to reason that each character gets 25% of the incoming experience. However, in a 3-man group each character would get 33.33% of the experience, which is a fair slice more, However, if there is a bonus for each human player, then could it be that I would get more experience from having another PC in the group?

My SK really does all the work in the group and, with my druid about to get to a point where I will no longer want to get him experience of any sort, am I better off having him in the group or not? He doesn't add anything in terms of experience-earning efficiency, so losing him won't slow me down in any way.

See the breakdown on how experience is divided here (I assume this is correct - except that for Group Bonus, you would not count mercs)

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/EverQuest/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Experience_calculation

I was curious about this same question earlier, so I ran these numbers to calculate how the experience changes (assumes base of 100 arbitrary xp units for the kill)

1 PC, 100 xp, 100 xp per member
2 PC, 120 xp, 60 xp per member
3 PC, 140 xp, 46.7 xp per member
4 PC, 160 xp, 40 xp per member
5 PC, 180 xp, 36 xp per member
6 PC, 216 xp, 36 xp per member

But if you have 3 PC and 3 mercs, you would take the 3 PC 140 xp, and split it 6 ways for 23.3 each.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

cycomatix posted:

This is correct, except for the sixth PC, which counts as a free slot. So for that calculation, you would divide the 216 exp by 5 instead of 6 players, which would calculate to 43.2 xp per member.

Where'd you get that from? It sounds like you're double-counting the extra bonus that that sixth slot gets - you'll notice that the xp per member stays the same from 5 to 6 under the method I posted. I would call that sixth slot free. The way you phrased it sounds weird.

Edit: in your case a member of a 6-man group would earn more xp for one kill than a 4-man group. Don't think that's right.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

jetz0r posted:

Auras are completely hosed and separate from any other buff types you're used to. It's actually an shadowman NPC that follows you around and plays the AE buff effect. Well, except for the auras that stay in place and have a model (shm, enc, bard totems). But the point is that each aura is an extra NPC running around casting a buff. So none of your buff AAs effect them, and the devs kind of hate auras because raids have an extra 30+ invisible NPCs running around doing buffs every tick.

From watching all the AA chats, every aura class brought them up at some point and the response was always "No more auras, we're not changing auras, gently caress you".

And I can't wait for the new AAs to go in, druids did so loving well that I can't even imagine how much differently we're going to play at the high end.

I feel like it's more complicated with the auras than "applies every tick" since I have my bard with aura on autofollow, and the aura range is approximately how far back he ends up running - so I get the aura feathering on and off way more often than once a tick.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Is there an easy to use combat parser (preferably with instructions on how to find the logs, etc)? I want to experiment with swapping out my second tank merc for a rogue / wiz and see how the damage compares. I know the recommendation was for a wizard merc for dps - but I've got so much haste / procs going on with my shaman and bard it seems hard to believe that a rogue wouldn't be competitive. Especially since right now (mid 60s) fights are so much shorter.

Right now I'm grinding up my trio (SK, bard, shaman) to 71, so I can get the fun level 70 equipment / weapons, plus the shaman group-buff version of the Puma line (which is a 71 spell). Then the plan is to grind out AAs until I hate life and quit. And let me just take a moment to plug how awesome it is on FV that I can grab a 64 dam / 28 delay required level 70 weapon for 500pp on the bazaar - plus equivalent quality for all the 2hand skills for similar prices.

I assume at 71 I would still be able to use The Hole for grinding AAs? I saw someone had recommended it for 70. I guess that might make a difference for my stopping point (70 vs 71) if anyone knows.

Also - glad you pointed out those instant-cast dots - I saw dots in the spell lineup and assumed they would be more long-casting crap. I'll have to check out the higher stuff more carefully.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Ninkobei posted:

Yep 71 is okay for The Hole aaing. I think it should be much faster now with the AA buffs. You could be out of the hole in a week's time if you manage to get lucky and get the place to yourself. With a 3 box it may be a bit slow though. That is to say, as a 71 SK I could clear the entire temple by myself and still have downtime. Paw might be a better place for the three of you especially if you find some people to party with.

Does that mean the temple is the only place that will give xp at 70/71? I did the Hole 3-boxing with level 65/55/55 trio for a while, and while temple was best, I could still get half-decent xp off of other stuff. Is there a formula for figuring out what level stuff turns gray?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Trying out the rogue merc, and while I haven't whipped out the parser yet, he has some loving amazing abilities while on Burn. I saw him double nuke for 3k each once, and single nuke for that much once. He didn't pull aggro from the tank, and when my bard died while my tank was on passive, he managed to tank one of the two mobs (gnolls in Steppes hitting for 750), with the cleric merc tanking the other one, til they died. As a side note, this has made me re-evaluate keeping the tank on my bard, since the songs make him pull aggro on pulls pretty often. Healer merc stays on my SK for feigns in the event of wipes.

So a question on what appears to be focus effects: I had been using creeping darkness (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=344), the level 11 snare since it's only 1.8s cast time, compared to 3s cast time for the higher level snares. Cheaper on mana, too. But I just tried out Festering Darkness, the SK special level 61 snare (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=3400).

When I inspect Clinging, and when I cast it, it takes the full 1.8s to cast. However, when I inspect Festering, it says 3.0s (1.5s), and does only take 1.5s to cast - and I assume this is my cleric's casting speed buff kicking in? It seems dumb that a slower spell can end up actually faster.

Devor fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jan 3, 2013

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

DrMaddux posted:

Myself and a friend are going to transfer some characters over to FV later this week. Is there a guild up or anyone in the 60ish range that want to get down on some groups? We are coming from Vox, which seems pretty dead.

I have my three-box on FV, level 66 right now - Devore (SK), Bevore (Bard), Sevore (Shaman). Devore would be the person to look out for if you want to do something, Bevore's often just afk practicing instrument skills. And I guess this would be a good time for me to take some time to practice my defensive skills so that I could actually tank for a group. And buy the taunt spells, etc.

I noticed that dueling a PC was not letting me raise skills - does using the arena work differently, and allow skillups? Someone had mentioned whacking on their cleric merc to practice weapon skills. Hopefully that empty arena in Kaladim doesn't have guards within sight of my shadowknight.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

JustJeff88 posted:

Seems to be that you can skill up on mercs, but not on PC's anymore, I fear. I spent the last few nights working on my wizard's 2HB/1HB/1HP in the guild hall by hacking away (via auto-attack) for hours on end at my druid's tank merc, who interestingly enough doesn't attack back even on aggressive. You have to have your characters /duel each other first, but it will eventually get you there. You have to pay the merc fees in the meantime, but I tend to look at it as something akin to paying for martial arts lessons.

So that means you can train weapon skills but not defensive? Guess I'll swap out to just soloing some green stuff with my SK and a cleric merc to get those defenses up. I was getting *rocked* by hot zone blues compared to my J1 tank merc.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

BJA posted:

So i play one test, and I use wineq2 and hotkeynet for boxing, I use wineq2 to rename and launch the windows, and hotkeynet to trigger macros. the problem is without wineq2 my windows freeze up temporarily when switching between them and when zoning (turns all white and says (not responding)) and hotkeynet actually has to swap between windows when firing off macros. This is on Win7.

I've seen a few other test people mention using isboxer, I tried it a long time ago and it didn't prevent the windows freeing up like wineq2 did. Is this something that has been fixed, or is the problem me and not isboxer? does isboxer still require windows swapping to fire off macros or can it do it to background windows? Anyone know a quick way to setup isboxer to run on eq, like a settings file or something?

thanks!

Are you posting about EQ1 or EQ2? Wineq2 seems to be an EQ2 app.

It didn't take me too long to figure out ISBoxer for EQ1, and swapping between my windows is instantaneous. I'm pretty certain due to the way EQ receives input, all the windows have to be "on top". So I have one big window using the top 3/4 of the screen, and 2 small windows tiled across the bottom (with room for a third window down there if I was 4-boxing). I keep my right hand monitor for surfing the web, etc.

I haven't gotten into doing fancy things with macros in ISBoxer (I'm not certain how to do them - like "Hit F9 to select 4th member, wait .2 seconds, then cast spell Y" - for that I use commands in everquest like /target, /pause, /cast etc.), but it's definitely very easy to set up things like "for as long as I hold B, press forward arrow in my non-main windows" that I use to move my characters forward (helps when trying to autofollow around tight corners).

There's some sort of presettings that ISBoxer comes with for EQ - it tells you to choose "EQ No Patch" or some such on the website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

jetz0r posted:

The worst part of tank mercs is how they handle root/snare cc and how they always give their back to mobs with multiples.

I never see bards pull aggro off tanks since they can just tap fade to clear themselves as often as needed.

FV transfers aren't free any more and it is not worth paying to transfer level 60s.

Also, lol at moving to fv cause your server is empty at mid levels.

And the market on FV is pretty weird due to the no no-drop stuff. There's a TON more variety of items on the bazaar, so I have a lot more fun browsing and hunting for fun weapons for cheap. But there's a ton of inflation, since you can buy and sell raid drops, so you'll see people offering 3M plat for stuff.

Although now that I check Abstruse stuff again, it's not as crazy out of whack as I remembered when I first checked. Like 10k-40k for the higher pieces. But again, for lower level random stuff it's pretty easy to pick up a variety of nice stuff for cheap.