Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Retrievil
Dec 11, 2004

Lionbacker
I post this poo poo everytime there is any interest in EQ. Still playing after all these years, it's seriouly still the best mmo out there. I've tried them all.

I play on the Povar server. Any goons want to play there and want a leg up, I'll throw you some pp and/or gear. If theres enough interest, I can log on my wife's druid and powerlevel people to 60ish in an hour or two. The powerleveling, I suggest you don't do. A tank merc will get you to 60 in a couple days and you'll need that time to get used to playing (or playing again as the case may be).

I'm pretty 'serious business' in my regular playtime, but I love some gooniness when the opportunity arises. Can cross server tell me if you want some advice. Don't ask me any melee questions though because I know gently caress all about that. Necro, caster, gameplay, quests, that poo poo I can help you with.

Don't waste my goddamn time if you are only going to play for 5 minutes though.

Retrievil fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Mar 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retrievil
Dec 11, 2004

Lionbacker
Dragons of Norrath expansion offered 5 'special' aas that you earn by doing quests and factioning. They add hem, crit, and some other stuff. For sure worth doing. Also, the omens of war expansion offered 6 'trials' that each increase your resist caps. There are other special aas but they are mostly for raiding (no snare in dsk aa for example).

Epic 1.0's arent really done anymore. Every class has an alternate quest for a fake epic 1.0 that just allows you to start on 1.5. You can do the alternate quest in about an hour usually and it way easier than loving around with permacamped epic 1.0 poo poo.

You do not need to camp out to do the shrink door trick. This is how it's done.

Shrink.
Be in first person and 'look' through the door (clip your head through the door)
Click any illusion that is bigger than your shrunken form (pretty much any one, potions work too).
The second it lands, go forwards and you will pop through the door (might take a try or two to get the timing down).

This doesn't work on every door (vergalid mines comes to mind), but it works on 99% of them.

Retrievil fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Mar 21, 2012

Retrievil
Dec 11, 2004

Lionbacker

GodIsInTheTrees posted:

Christ that is horrifying. Why would you not just knock them out with a hammer. At least she wouldn't mangle dicks without those chainsaws.

Also I've talked a few times with people about replacing pieces of UIs, particularly the lovely WoW icons that come with Vert, but never posted how to do it, so here's the link for people who care! http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20284

I used that to swap my spell icons and buffs to Sparxx found here: http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=4620

I think the best icons are the original eq ones. If you just delete the icon files from the vert ui directory, it will use the original. I highly reccomend vert. Savok has kept it updated one the day of every patch for almost 10 yesrs now.

Retrievil
Dec 11, 2004

Lionbacker
This is our necro app required abilities list. This was current in HoT, not sure how many aas this is. They are all 'must have' necro aas.

Passive AA List
SCMastery 4/4
SCReinforcement 5/5
SCSubtlety 15/15
All Gift of XXX Mana

Critical Affliction 9/9
Affliction Mastery 3/3
Blood Tithe 6/6
Greater Blood Tithe 6/6
Destructive Cascade 10/10
Vengeful Spirits 3/3
Lingering Death 3/3

Activated AA List
Death Bloom 1/1
Death Peace 2/2
Imp. Death Peace 1/1
Third Spire 3/3
Rel. Benevolence 6/6

Items (Required by end of applicant period)
Epic 2.0/2.5
Blightbringer's Tunic of the Grave