Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mike1o1 posted:

Wow, servers are actually up!

I know the OP has a different recommended skin, but I love VertUI and it's already been updated.

Here is a link to Vert blue:

http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=6274

:getin:

My favorite UI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Currently opening 135 LoN boosters, this sucks.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Beo posted:

If you are around 65-75 you should be checking pop zones for your fabled pet weapon droppers, if it's up I'm sure a high level goon would be willing to run out and one shot it. The fabled weapons will be great for farming aa at 75 and grinding to 80 when you can use house of thule gear. If it's not up and you can camp the area for xp I'd consider that also.

It should be noted that any pet AA you have will also work with the swarm pets. So the swarm pets will flurry, crit, all that good stuff. It's pretty ridiculous.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Beo posted:

Another merc slot is always handy.

Yeah, I bought this.

If only my cleric merc could buff my tank merc! :argh:

But it's nice to have a cleric merc you can pop to throw a HP buff on yourself and your pet/whatever.

Edit: First world problems.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Looks like I picked the best(worst?) time to take a week off from EQ.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Sgt Froggy posted:

I started lurking my way through the Project1999 thread when I noticed this one get bumped to the top. Ive seen the emulator things before but the private server controlled by this person or that group always seems to be full of drama.

I have spent the morning trying to remember old emails and passwords. I did in fact find the old three ring binder full of printed maps. Lguk was full of scribbles and SolB had spawn times all over it.

Made me giggle.

I wish I still had all this stuff. I do still have the cloth map that came with Kunark though.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Vomik posted:

Merc slots are on sale for 800 SC each down from 1500. Yes you have to buy them from the marketplace. I don't think there is any other way.

Yeah, I think most of us who bought extra slots did it with the combination of the sale price and double SC so in reality it was like a 75% discount.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Sgt Froggy posted:

Did the primal weps version of avatar buff raise the cap? I dont remember for the life of me. Not that it is particularly relevant. Or did they eventually put in a mechanic to respawn sleepers tomb?

No, they didn't raise the cap, but 100 attack was pretty sweet.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Put in the petition to move my SK to Luclin, tired of messing around with patching and re-patching to go back and forth.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

So my petition was "denied." Do I just keep escalating until I get my way?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Still fighting the man to get off Test, and my wireless router died. Good times.

Hopefully back to the grind in a couple days.

Edit: Those of you who transfered off of Test, were the GMs as dumb as it seems they are? This guy keeps giving me the same stock response about Test transfers a year ago. I asked him to turn it over to a lead GM, we'll see what happens.

Shrapnig fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Apr 8, 2012

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bahanahab posted:

So I just realized that rogues get poisons. My rogue is level 63, and I have yet to even use one. Looks like I have alot of catching up to do with the make poison skill.

Poisons are ridiculous, like proc it a couple times and you'll pull aggro ridiculous. They do huge damage these days.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

"We are no longer offering transfers off of Test server under any circumstances."

That's what I got from a lead GM. Time to find out what circumstances changed in the past month.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

So I replace my dead wireless router and then my network card dies, loving hell.

Oh, apparently they changed the actual transfer mechanics so you physically can't transfer off Test for the time being. Maybe they'll offer it again and I can move my SK a some point.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Peechka posted:

As were nearing lv 80 ourselves. I staterd shopping around for some lv80 gear for my Ranger and pretty much scored on a lot of the stuff. For instance I picked up an entire set of terror infused link stuff for like an average of 6K a piece. It was wierd but most of that stuff was going for 10K-20K a piece but one trader out of like 5 had the stuff for dirt cheap. Same with the non visible stuff. For instance I picked up 2 Lv80 rings for 4K off the same trader. The same rings were up for 10K each. so even if I just bought them to resell, it was a steal IMO. It seems, from just investigating in the past week, that the Lv80 stuff on average is about 10K-15K a piece on my server, Drinal.

All in all I picked up the entire set of lv80 gear exept for the legs, 2 bracers, and 2 earings, offhand for about 40K? Not bad considering the stuff is all pretty much 3X as powerful as the Elegant Defiant I have now that cost me pretty much the same.

The stat jump in gear to HoT stuff is absolutely absurd, you go from barely scraping by in zones with your defiant or similar to being pretty much invincible in the same zones.

I bought VoA T1 for my shaman when it hit 85 and my HP went from 9,600 to 35,000 with a mix of defiant and whatnot beforehand.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Sgt Froggy posted:

Since I am closing in on 70 now should I start preping the faction I need for epic 1.0 or just skip and do 1.5 instead? Way I seem to read its either or pretty much and just a speed bump anyways. I know that with the faction loop hole you can skip all but two or three steps for sham1.0 but that the faction trick seems a giant pain.

Or should I just not even bother with any of the epics?

The 1.5 prequest is doing the 1.0 up to the Black Fur Boots(SoW boots) as you need those for the 1.5 prequest turn in. I did the 1.0 up to the first turn in in Emerald Jungle and the dog wouldn't talk to me so I'd recommend doing some faction grinding first. I didn't skip any steps either so I'm going to go back and do the first part over a couple times.

The Shaman 1.5 and especially 2.0 are pretty great, you should definitely do them. The 1.0 is a novelty, and you'll have a nice bottleneck with the Child's Tear from Fear, but it's pretty easy if you have that.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

MrTheDevious posted:

Have room for 4 non-healers or 5 if there's a healer in the mix. I doubt I really need a healer at this point, but I'd rather not fail the boredom that is Murdunks due to a couple bad rounds. Same deal as usual, get your thrall hails done and I'll do the rest, because gently caress you if you think I'm waiting while everyone does hails :shepface:

The hails part sucks all kinds of dick, especially doing it with Totem, gently caress that noise. I think I have 3 hails left and I'm done. I'll probably start playing a bunch more when I finish the J5, it's just frustrating as poo poo trying to kill stuff with J1 mercs.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

MrTheDevious posted:

Both Time and Tacvi actually! They're the two instances I still need for bard clicky and I have no use for War weapons, so the Rallos drop/whatever Tacvi drop are both yours! I've rotted a couple DBotW already, so it's pretty much a guaranteed drop (if you're not online).

At some point I'm hoping Warriors get some manner of aggro other than procs? I can't imagine having to keep DPS to a minimum while I waited on procs to fire. I'm not sure if this is a Knight-only thing, but for us, rune procs >>> straight aggro procs because rune gives super aggro, so you may want to check that out.

Also, I don't know if the anniversary tasks are still around or not, but if they are, 12th and 13th both have guaranteed, cursor-reward face items that give a straight % to all threat you cause. Kodaji's rocking a 22% mod just from the 13th drop, which means a single Terror + a few dots keeps aggro locked on him with zero effort from me whatsoever. VERY worth it if they're still around

Dear Friend,

Fix your poo poo and run me through the rest of the J5 merc tasks, I finished my hails using totem(that took loving forever).

Hugs and Kisses,

Shrapnac

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

MrTheDevious posted:

Thinking about bringing the Kodaji crew back since I hit 1400 ELO in League and it became a frustrating mess of idiocy and anger. Is the guild really still rocking as hard as it appears to be? I'll be starting VoA progression, is anyone else 90ish and looking to do the same?

If you come back I'll come back baby. My job has been beating the poo poo out of me for three months.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

DarkStryke posted:

It was a clickable haste, so it stacked with item haste. It was basically like having a ghetto pocket enchanter around with you everywhere.

** Looks like yes, it was the pre-cursor to the queen belt. I stopped playing before that expansion, so didn't know about the queen.

Yeah, Eyepatch is 20% haste, Lizardscale Girdle is 50%.

Both are time consuming, Eyepatch due to the rarity of the spawns, Cragbeast due to the rarity of the drops.

I got my Eyepatch during Fabled so I just killed Fabled Stormfeather and got the Fabled version. Much easier but the effect is the same.

I never got around to trying to camp the Cragbeast Queen but it's easily soloable these days.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

RCarr posted:

If you're serious about playing don't even bother trying to do so on a silver account. The AA/gear/inventory/plat/bank/etc restrictions are ridiculous. Alternatively, just play on Test where you can have as many free gold accounts as you can handle.

Is there really anyone on Test anymore? I still have a 90/2500 SK there with full HoT gear who is just rotting because there was nothing going on when I was last active.

Not that I've really played much in any regard since April or so.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Regarding the transfer of stuff to Test with it being flagged as copied and not No Drop, you can do armor combines and it works without issue. I made a T1 VoA BP for my SK and it went off without a hitch. The template and the Rustic piece were both copied, the box and agent were not.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Baconroll posted:

Any suggestions where to level as a 55 SK on a regular server ? Been doing white/yellow mobs in Veksar and they are giving about 3% exp per kill.

Not got any AAs yet - is it worth waiting till 60 to start on them, or just grab the defensive/offensive AAs as soon as possible ?

Go to the Hole, it's what everyone is going to tell you anyway. Dunno if you can do the bottom at 55 but that's gravy exp and really easy. Nice cash too.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

cycomatix posted:

The next EQ expansion has been announced.

http://www.everquest.com/news/article?month=092012&id=524357&tab=0

20 Expansions and they finally introduce offline selling!

Level 100, meh.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

MrTheDevious posted:

I'm not sure about hte FV thing, but once they did the mass-move from Test to live last summer, they made it so /testcopy from every live server that isn't FV copies with plat and nothing no-drop that wasn't already, so you can dupe tons of stuff like AoNs. I dunno how FV transfer works though. I currently have 17 million plat and 9 AoNs on Test :3: If the FV thing works, bring me a big care package of SK/monk raid gear :v:

Pillars raid starting on Test if anyone 90+ wants to come in the next 15 mins, we're porting up now!

Buy me a bunch of T1 VoA poo poo for my SK on Test! :wink:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Keith Stone posted:

Allow me to help a brutha out.

That was some of the funniest and most bizarre poo poo I've been a part of in EQ.

Now I just need a job that requires less work-doing so I can play on Test again.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Pilsner posted:

I dunno, if there's one thing I love about EQ, it's that I can go to Kelethin, Plane of Fear, Mistmoore, The Karanas, all of Kunark and Velious, etc., etc., and see it in the exact same state as it was 13 years ago. I would scream if they overhauled every old zone.

Gimme my lovely textures, horrible angles, and pixelation any day of the week.

Round corners? Not in my EverQuest.

Freeport is so, so terrible.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

MrTheDevious posted:

This did not happen. They let us freely transfer off to a live server the one time Test changed at all and have NEVER wiped the server of higher than level 10 characters. If they change the Test status, they'll let us transfer again due to the large Test pop that would vanish overnight otherwise. The "paid" transfer came after me and a few others missed the free period and raised hell, that's it.

Yeah, you got off, I never did. loving butthead devs.

Anyway, I still have an active account on Test, just kitted myself out with full VoA T1 visible and 1h and 2h for almost no money.

Solotiv - 90/2500SK
Mahssive - 85SHM

The SHM is a Luclin copy, the SK is trapped on Test forever and ever.

I do the same log on, sit around for a little while, log off thing too. Once a week or so I get motivated enough to burn a lesson.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hooray for productive lunch hours, picked up the 32AC aug in Brell's Rest and the 33AC aug in Pellucid Grotto. Got both augs on the first named pop. Only like 6 more sub-30AC augs to get rid of. :emo:

Still need to do both of the Library ones though, so those should be easy enough.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

MrTheDevious posted:

Man back when Beo and I were both camping the 30+ AC augs one after another at the same time I remember the :emo: feeling, but looking back it was one of the more fun times I had in game. That loving Brell's aug took me something like 30 straight hours though. gently caress that aug. Are you gonna camp Warleader? That was the only other semi-grueling camp for me but I could swarm that zone, so it ended up being really good xp.

Library's good XP too, plus you can camp both augs at once as long as your group has decent deeps

My DPS is me...

I guess if I wanted to go through the effort of transferring my SHM to another account and rolling a DPS merc on it I could but :effort:

cycomatix posted:

Wanna know where I got my warleader pearl? Loyalty Merchant and Faycetum Adventure merchant. :smug:

Yeah, this.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

MrTheDevious posted:

Anybody who doesn't have this done should go do it. Be warned it's a huge pain in the rear end though and make sure you have a puller. It might be my single most hated questline in the entire game

Huge pain in the testes, agreed.

What's the serverwide/test goon channel? I couldn't find it going back a few pages in the thread.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Devor posted:

Ha, I did this out in some weird rear end-end spot in Butcherblock near the water. No spawns to camp nearby, waited a long time and didn't see anyone. Dropped my stuff (including some coin) logged out and came back to some dude standing where it used to be. Luckily he was nice and I got my godly equipment back (banded armor and maybe a Polished Granite Tomahawk - swanky!)

Man, I remember buying banded and being all excited about.

I used to farm the heck out of small bronze in Unrest too. I played a dwarf cleric originally so that stuff was like gold to me.

Made a fair bit of platinum off of small bronze a million years ago.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Does anyone on Test have an Enchanter? I need to have a platinum bar enchanted so I can finish up my SK 1.0 at some point.

Edit: Ignore this, I just took the massive time sink of 20 minutes to level an enchanter to 32.

Shrapnig fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jan 13, 2013

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

MrTheDevious posted:

I hate you gimme your Fear drop

Now I just have to wait another 36 hours for a stupid turn in mob to re-pop because stupid Everquest and its stupids think that a 36 hour respawn is fine for a mob you have to do multiple turn ins with. Stupids.

After that it's kill Lhranc and me finish.

You have your 2.0, I don't, so I think we're even.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

MrTheDevious posted:

Dibs on one of those Soul Leeches please!

^^^ My karma seems just fine now :colbert:

Cool now do an Anguish orb run with me on Test. :swoon:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

MrTheDevious posted:

Okie dokie. It'll be dirt simple on Test since I can actually use my gear. Is your shaman 68+ or did you drop his rear end? We'll need 6 for the instance and I can only bring 4 :(

Shaman is 85 but it's no the same account as the SK.

I guess I could transfer it and use f2p on it on Test if I'm feeling frisky.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

MrTheDevious posted:

If enough people need, I don't mind doing a second run with my boxes on Luclin. Mine might be more painful though since I can't use any of my gear :3:

Test folks - FUNZOE in particular and anyone else high enough level, Zliz and I are going to do the Clankwrench raid sometime in the next couple days to unlock raid powersources. Very worth coming if you can get in (anyone know the min level?). Can you guys do tomorrow or Wednesday night? Zliz and I can take it on by ourselves I'm pretty sure, but I'd like to get as many Testgoons flagged as possible.

Also Solotiv when do you want to do Anguish on Test? Lets see if we can plan that as well so we can get multiple people their orbs. That raid requires 68 min and we'll get 3 orbs with a potential 4th because I want to see if I can take out OMM. The first 3 orbs take about an hour total. Solo's got first dibs on an orb, but the rest are up for grabs as far as I know. I really like Anguish so we can go again next week if more than 3 people need an orb

I'm home from work around 8PM EST so anytime after that works through Wednesday. Thursday and Friday, however, I'm working late so I won't be able to do it as I won't get home until close to 1AM EST, unless you're that much of a masochist.

Edit: I may be available for Clankwrench too.

Shrapnig fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jan 15, 2013

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

If any of you dudes in Anguish are reading this, I just got disconnected.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Yeah, Test is down.

I'm gonna call it a night, gotta be up early tomorrow.

I should be on around the same time tomorrow night if anything is going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

MrTheDevious posted:

As for Test Vs Luclin debate, if you're only on Luclin to play with goons, come to Test. All of us who've been playing together for multiple goon rushes over the last few years are on Test now and we've picked up a bunch of fresh new and totally awesome goons, too. I even invited our very first Euro goon earlier :shobon: That said, before you make a decision, be aware we ALWAYS get sick of EQ after a few months and quit once the weather starts getting nice until it gets cold again. Some of us are on our 4th straight annual goonrush now, so don't move to Test expecting a vibrant goon community until the servers shut down. I can almost guarantee this rush will be just like every other year: lots of goons having a great time and grouping/raiding for 3 months, then everyone gets tired of it and the guild becomes a ghost town for 9 months. The new goons may surprise me though! They're drat good at the game, I'll say that much. Right now we've got 1-2 groups worth of 90s, another 2-3 groups of 80s with 70s boxes, and a couple adorable newbies clawing their way up one tank merc at a time.

I never realized how true that is haha, I usually start losing momentum around Memorial Day.