Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
I'm on Luclin as Trebbek, and boxing Sayjak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
Ominous latin words is a great name.

I also like Ascending Anglos.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
Old time player, long time raider from FV, been gone since OoW endgame...

I miss the old raiding days of EQ, and am looking to get back into it. I haven't been satisfied with the raiding game of a few MMOs I've tried, and I really miss the raid style of old EQ. How similar is it these days to what it used to be? How difficult would it be to get a character into raiding shape and into a raiding guild? How needed are paladins these days?

Thanks in advance goons!

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
So I started a character on FV, my old stomping ground. Any goons present? Is The raiding situation still weird?

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
So I haven't played this game in forever (was high end raiding from luclin through OoW). I'm looking to come back, and am interested in getting back into the raid scene. I mostly played a Paladin, but also have experience as a warrior. I enjoyed the paladin more. I'm probably going to be starting from scratch. What servers are populated, and do paladins serve any kind of good raid role anymore? Not interested in progression servers at all.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
So i'm looking for some old school EQ nostalgia, hated P99. I tried Phinegel when it was in PoP and enjoyed it but the levelling was pretty slow going.

I'm debating whether I should start a character on Agnarr or wait for Coirnav. I loved PoP, so I'm pretty okay with the idea of progression stopping in that era. How's the exp rate? How's grouping in the lower levels on Agnarr? What do people think the longevity will be like for Agnarr? I'd hate to hit raid readiness and then have no one to play with.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005

Solarin posted:

Agnarr leveling is apparently much faster than Phinny. There was a big surge of new players when Luclin hit and a ton of Beastlords alts being made which seems like it's tapered off by now, but still not a bad time to start.

I'd suggest jumping in to Agnarr now and make a character on the new server in a month to see how you like it. Being limited to just classic content really isn't as fun as it sounds on a busy server.

If you decide to roll on Agnarr post your class and name and I can set you up with some starter stuff

Thanks for the offer. High Elf Paladin Trebbek is now a thing.

Avenged fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Feb 18, 2018

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005

Orty posted:

Worth getting into then for someone who just wants to roll a bard like they had in the old days? Probably wouldn't be messing with krono at all, and I know no one who is currently playing.

If you want to start, I just hit level 5 on a high elf paladin, Trebbek, in GFay. Let’s get this thing going.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
Welp, I hit 60 on my paladin in Agnarr. What’s the raiding guild consensus? Looking to get in on something before PoP hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
Add me tentatively to the Selos gang. It says it’s a casual server but everything about it seems ultra poopsocky. So yeah, screw life I guess.