Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

Peechka posted:

So my group of 3, my brother, a buddy and I all got to the mid 60's with our noobs as of last night so I though I was comfortable enough and I would take out my 70Ranger that I have not played since like 2006. He also has about 100AA.

So a few questions If I might. Its been so long I was wondering what AA are most important to have. I have the endless quiver, some of the combat ferocity and archery Mastery 3 along with some others.

I have also heard of this headshot ability. Is this still viable today? Should I spend the AAs to get this ranked up? I have been searching around the net but info is sketchy. There are guides that have the ranger pulling tons of mobs and using some AOE bow spell to headshot every mob for quick AA. But I have heard rumors that this got nerfed?

The places that I used to go for infos does not seem to exist anymore. Like Rangers Glade and EQ Outriders no longer work.

Also we had a discussion amongst ourselves as to the viability of just using a straight up bow for dmg in a group vs melee. Without parsing data it seems to me like melee still out damages the bow. The bow I have is pretty decent, its like 26/20 so its pretty fast and it hits pretty hard, I just think melee is better. They all seem to think I should be doing the bow thing.

When I played some years ago eq/am3 was a better dps for group until I was outfitted in time gear/weapons only then did meele out dps archery. I think I used a stonewood compound bow during this time. At that time archery was always pretty buggy and wouldnt count shots unless you were lined up correctly with the mob and rangers cried constantly about wanting archery dps to far outshine meele due to them wanting to be leoglas while most higher geared rangers wanted to increase our meele and damage mitigation. Bascially what im saying is i dont know but a 26/20 bow sounds pretty lovely compared to ratios that were around 6 years ago I would assume there are better ones out there now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU