Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
So I think I have a Lv70 Ranger from back in the day. And some other alts, is this account good for free to play as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
What about the plats? I know I had way more than the maximum allowed with F2P. Is this also grandfathered in? From memory I had thousands of plats.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
Im having a great time with this. My brother and I, and one of our close friends, rolled up a brand new set of newbs on our old accounts. We were going to play for free but all of us took advantage of the Station Cash sale on Friday (double staton cash for same money) and we all subbed for the $8 it ended up costing us.

First impression was that it was very clunky. But you get used to it. We played the tutorial and it pretty much showed us how to play again without asking someone a thousand questions.

Its definitely got its hooks still. And the game has held up well for being a 13 yr old game. We got to lv 46 last night using the hot zones and Paludual Caverns which still has an amazing ZEM. The mercs really work well. The healers even rezz you which is awesome. They basically changed the entire game IMO. In our group of 3 RL players, a Pally, Druid, Wizard, we got a Healer, Rogue and Wizard mercs and its a well balanced group.

We probably wont last that long in the game, but its nice to see the zones again and do a bit of reminiscing of old times.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
So my group of 3, my brother, a buddy and I all got to the mid 60's with our noobs as of last night so I though I was comfortable enough and I would take out my 70Ranger that I have not played since like 2006. He also has about 100AA.

So a few questions If I might. Its been so long I was wondering what AA are most important to have. I have the endless quiver, some of the combat ferocity and archery Mastery 3 along with some others.

I have also heard of this headshot ability. Is this still viable today? Should I spend the AAs to get this ranked up? I have been searching around the net but info is sketchy. There are guides that have the ranger pulling tons of mobs and using some AOE bow spell to headshot every mob for quick AA. But I have heard rumors that this got nerfed?

The places that I used to go for infos does not seem to exist anymore. Like Rangers Glade and EQ Outriders no longer work.

Also we had a discussion amongst ourselves as to the viability of just using a straight up bow for dmg in a group vs melee. Without parsing data it seems to me like melee still out damages the bow. The bow I have is pretty decent, its like 26/20 so its pretty fast and it hits pretty hard, I just think melee is better. They all seem to think I should be doing the bow thing.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Scob posted:

When I played some years ago eq/am3 was a better dps for group until I was outfitted in time gear/weapons only then did meele out dps archery. I think I used a stonewood compound bow during this time. At that time archery was always pretty buggy and wouldnt count shots unless you were lined up correctly with the mob and rangers cried constantly about wanting archery dps to far outshine meele due to them wanting to be leoglas while most higher geared rangers wanted to increase our meele and damage mitigation. Bascially what im saying is i dont know but a 26/20 bow sounds pretty lovely compared to ratios that were around 6 years ago I would assume there are better ones out there now.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=69892

Here is the bow I have. Im assuming its pretty good.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
The best way to do EQ (obviously) is to dual box, especially now since both of you can have a merc. So get a healer on one and a tank on the other and rape content at your leisure.

Even better is having 3 budies play together, like Im doing. Each brings a merc and you have a full balanced group. We play me, a Ranger (cleric merc), Enchanter (DPS/Tank merc), and a Wizzard (DPS merc) and we pull non stop it seems. Sometimes we over pull like 4 mobs and we have a bit of downtime in between for the healer to get the mana back, but never really felt in trouble.

The cool thing about the mercs is that they are better in some ways then some fo the RL players I have played with. They do their job and do it well.

Peechka fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Mar 22, 2012

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Tolain posted:

Another issue is that EQ's mechanics are loving cryptic and convoluted. Trying to figure out how poo poo like softcaps and other mechanics work relies on going to web pages that havent been updated in half a decade and are usually wrong due to some change that happened along the way.

This is the part I find frustrating. Information is so hard to find. Its all dated poo poo that goes back to like 2006 and 2007.

Also I have noticed that the power curve is pretty linear 1-75 and then it just spikes to all hell. For instance my 72 ranger hits for like 200-400 with decent weapons, but Lv 80+ hit for like 2K.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
Outrider.net is back for all of you Rangers. The dude went through a lot to restore poo poo since the owner never renewed/forgot. So he got it back up but lost like a years worth of posts. Oh well, at least Rangers get their only really viable place to discuss poo poo/guides back.

Also, yeah, gently caress augment farming when you are Lv70. All the good ones take a poo poo load of time to get and are still rather useless when you get them. Besides, with the Defiant gear being as good as it is for practically nothing, IMO its worthless to farm augs.
Granted when one drops, obviously socket that poo poo.

As to the learning curve and EQ, well its not rocket science either. Anyone with a solid base of MMO can adjust to EQs nuances. The biggest hurdle to overcome is attacking EQ with a WoW/Rift/SWTOR mentality. You cannot just run in gung-ho, facerolling and expect to win. You have to take your time, plan poo poo out, pull wisely and attack at the right time when youre a squishy. This is by and large a one mob at a time game. For soloers? I suggest dual boxing. Its quite easy to do in EQ and then you can have a solid foundation of DPS, heals and tank by using mercs.

Some of you guys are making this out to be some difficult game which takes years to figure out. Well it kind of does to master, but the basics can be learned rather quickly. The hard part of this game is lack information and the vastness of it, and sticking with it since it slows down so much at like 75. I still think getting to cap in this game is still a huge achievement in itself.

BTW are tank mercs still viable 80+ content?

Peechka fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Mar 26, 2012

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
BTW, Im finding that the people that have been playing EQ for a while are all a bunch of nice guys, way more than any other MMO. For instance, yesterday my buddy asked some Lv95s to help and defeat http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=29525 to get me his bow. Anyway, like 3 lv 95s came to help and if you know the fight, its totally a ranged fight and the dude has millions of HP. So it took us all like a hour to burn him down but they were willing to do it to help out. And I got my bow http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=74261

You just do not see this type of behavior in any other mmo. Most of the people are really nice and glad to help a noob out if you are nice back to them. I think most of them are glad at the new influx of people to liven up the game a bit.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
Yes, at least you could in the past. For your damage spells you can just target your friend and cast away too if I remember correctly.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
How bout transfers from one account to another? do they even do those?

Also Ive been doing some reading and im at a quandry when to stop to do some AA grinding. My Ranger is Lv73 right now with about roughly 200 AA. Should I stop now and grind a few more hundred? Im reading that if I dont stop now, the mobs will get too difficult later to do easy grinds.

Also, how many AA is considered sufficient and at what levels? I mean with like 10K? AA available how many would I need to be viable without all the other crap not necessary for a viable char strictly for DEF and OFF.

Peechka fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Mar 26, 2012

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

widds2v posted:

When do Rangers pick up in power? Right now it seems like I kill stuff faster if I nuke it rather than using my bow. Generally shots are ~11 dmg each at lvl 23 while spells are hitting for 50-60+. I know Headshot eventually will turn me into a grinding machine of sorts but it seems underpowered as of now.

Rangers with bow become better when you get the good AA that makes bow godly.

Back in the day it was called EQ/AM3 which are Endless Quiver and Archery Mastery 3. Theyve even added some since. Those 2 basically gives you endless arrows and double damage with bow. All these will probably cost you like 25AA?

Right now at 75 with the Fabled Warmasters Recurved Bow I do anywhere form 500 dmg all the way up to 3K crits. With trueshot up, I get 5K+ crits. And along with the crit AA, /autofire, you crit alot.

Until then just use bow to pull and make sure you get the skills up to use it later.

And also you guys are kindd of wrong with the DPS and bows. From like Lv65-78 or so unless you get some godly mele weapons, bow damage is pretty good. This is like the golden levels of rangers and bows. After, in the 80s through the end game, yeah, melee wins out though.

Peechka fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Mar 30, 2012

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

widds2v posted:

Going to be trying double boxing, although I'm not sure why they make it so hard to transfer characters to another account in your own name. Had a 64 Shaman on Tunare that I'll be running with my ranger (who runs a journeyman tank merc) whenever he gets moved over.

Question, which of these would be 'easier' or more efficient?

1) Ranger main dps, tank and cleric mercs, shaman basically for buffs/etc and mainly afk
2) Ranger main dps, tank and dps mercs, shaman full time healing

#1 seems like it would be easier as I would only have to really control the Ranger, #2 seems like stuff would die faster but considerably harder having to control two full-time characters.

I would go tank and cleric merc with Ranger pulling and shaman slowing and dot'ing for efficiency. With shaman its literally stand, slow, dot...dot..sit. so its not that intense playing that duo. And BTW this is not WoW. Multi-boxing is easy as long as you play in windowed mode and just switch between.

Peechka fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Apr 2, 2012

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Z-Axis posted:

What melee should I create to go with my shaman?

If your bro is going Ranger (that would be my first choice because of utility) that basically leaves you with Rogue, Monk, and Zerker from a pure DPS. then you have the SK, Pally and of course the Warr which you said you want to stay away from and I dont blame you. I would personally either opt for the SK or Zerker because I never played one and I hear their DPS is really good.

On a side note. I really feel bad for the Warriors and Clerics out there. I mean, with how good the mercs are in these two spots why even bother with a real player?

Peechka fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Apr 2, 2012

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
So me and my bro and his bud have stopped at Lv75 for the past week or so to grind out some AA action. We have been doing Vergalid Mines exclusively for some decent AA. Usually in about 2-3 hours we get about 30-40AA. First question is there a better place to grind AA at 75? Its pretty easy there right now and constantly getting easyer with our new AA, but Im wondering if somewhere else would yield more AA per hour at Lv75.

Second question is how many would you guys stop to get at 75? I have roughly 350 now, the chanter has about 450 and sadly our Pally only has about 150 since he had to catch up to us Lv wise first..

Also, as a Ranger I want to complete my Epic 1.0 just to say I did it. Can this be soloed with a Healer merc and myself, again, Lv75 with 350 well spent AA (Def and off). And if any of you have done this Ranger one, any tips? Right now Im about to do the Karana part with the Reavers.

Peechka fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Apr 3, 2012

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Pilsner posted:

I did the ranger 1.0 with a team of a lvl 61/62 magician and ranger + mercs, and it was just a ton of travel and foraging. You will be able to solo the PoH minibosses that drop the SEoC, solo Venril Sathir, and there are no DT'ing mobs on the way to PoS island 4, where the Sphere drops. Should be no problemo, but start skilling up Forage now if you haven't. :)

Ive had the forage button mapped to my movement key and I think its maxed, if not close to it. Its a pain in the rear end though while moving and getting lovely flasks of water or roots or some poo poo on your cursor. But what I do to troll my buddies is trade with them all the time to piss them off.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Sintor posted:

Having a blast so far. Put ranger up to 51, asked why my SC mule from triple SC weekend was not an active box and put a mage up to 42. Eventually looking at tank and cleric mercs with X & Y classes, but now that I look, I'm not sure anymore. My reasoning behind mage was the low overhead and high output from a sitting standpoint (pet twinked with summoned poo poo, damage shield on tank merc, etc) with ranger doing massive damage. I feel like that's not going to hold up if I want to do some more advanced content just boxing two, so that being said:

Option A:

Continue ranger and mage because it won't matter/is viable in the long run. Faster DPS grinding aa's and just find groups for hard/intricate stuff. Another nice thing is having two characters that are fun to play while not boxed, in case a raid or group needs a mage instead of a ranger. Optional later merc configs with twinked pet tank.

Option B:

Since my guys are only 51 and 42, rerolling will take a day. Go back to the tried and true Melee dps/Shaman combo. Probably rogue/shaman with tank/cleric mercs.

Halp.

Shaman/Ranger is what I swear by. Its all about the slows/buffs of the shaman, also they are easy to box IMO. And the ranger takes care of the rest of the utility that of a druid. Couple this with a cleric and Warrior merc and you will be all set. A well rounded group especially for outdoor stuff.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
I remember the monster mission craze back in like 2006 when Depths of Darhallow came out. We did the High hold monster mission over and over for mad EXP. It took like 3 MMs to level which you could do each in about 30 min. If I remember correctly you spawned as a guard with a 1hs sword and shield that you would destroy since you were in fact a warrior with maxed hand to hand combat skill which destroyed. You also had a cleric which would heal with a group Temp spell instead of the heals. I leveled my Ranger back then from like 56 to 70 with 100AA in like a month of pure MM grinding. My brother took a brand new Zerker from like 20-70 in that same time span. Mind you this was before they added mercs and made leveling trivial from 1-70. Then they nerfed all the MMs and the fun was over. And probably no one ever did them again.

Peechka fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Apr 4, 2012

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Goldmund posted:

Can you buy expansions with station cash? I can't check any game related sites at work, but if so I might have to go stock up on cards.

Yes, as well as subscriptions too. But you only have to buy VoA since all the others are included for free now.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

xZAOx posted:

Yeah, expansions and game time. So for $30 I can get over 5 months of game time, and that's even if I just bought it 1-month at a time =P. I think I'll be going gold soon :D

If you like the game, and it seems like you do, theree is no reason for you not to go gold a while ago.

BTW, I went to wallmart just yesterday and they did not have the $15 for 2K SC cards there. So not all wallmarts have them. I do have another one near me which I will check out today.

Peechka fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Apr 6, 2012

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
So I dont really understand why people still refuse to use mercs. I see this all the time in the open world zones and inside of dungeons. And Im not taking a full group, obviously in a full group you dont need them, but someone soloing or a duo, boxing? Why not use them?? We have been grinding AA in Vergalid for the past 2 weeks and we see this all the time. One person told us that mercs give an exp hit if you have them. But even so the efficiency skyrockets so much having them that even with the exp hit Im sure its twice as good as without. Especially for a duo or more so you can get the tank and healer merc. I saw one duo run past our group without mercs and the further we made it in we saw the same duo dead.

When my group of friends are not playing Im trying to level a Shaman on a brand new account and use my Druid on my main account to group with the Shaman. I got both a healer and tank merc and its like you dont even have to do anything but pull and they will take care of the rest. One time I was in PoD fighting flies and rats and went AFK for a few while on the phone. I came back and my mercs took care of like 5 mobs which repoped on us. So Its like I can just go AFK in that spot, come back in a few hours and profit?

Again, I just dont understand why people do not use them.

Peechka fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Apr 10, 2012

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
On another note, here is a question for the vets. We usually roll with Ranger(me), my brother a Pally, and one of our buddies which boxes a Chanter and a Wizard. We all stopped at 75 to grind out some AA and now we basically all have about 500-600 AA. Is this enough AA grinding for 75? Would you grind out to have 1K AA or just stop grinding now and get to LV80 and stop there for some more? We were kind of debating this in the past few nights. I said that we should get to 80 first, now that we have a solid base and then stop to grind some more, but they still want to stay at 75 and keep grining some more AA.

My thought is when we get to 80, there is such a huge power spike that we will be able to go back to the mid 70's zones and rape for AA more efficiently.

Peechka fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Apr 10, 2012

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Bugamol posted:

I've found the best way to spend AA's is to get about 15 unspent. Then check "only show AA's I can buy" or whatever the button is, and just look through them all.

It's fairly obvious what AA's are going to be good and which are going to be bad.

Decent AA's in the general tab:
-Innate Run Speed
-Combat Agility / Combat Stability
-Definitely get ranks 1-3 of both as these give the most substantial bonus.
-Ranks 4-8 are 1% per, 9+ are presumably less. (to the best of my knowledge)
-Natural Durability
-Mystical Attuning (can be good for classes with lots of self buffs and clickies don't grab this first by any means)

After the general tab just think to yourself. Do I do X alot? Does this AA increase X? So for pets, you want to grab pet crit, pet flurry, ect. If you have your pet tank, grab pet defensive AA's. The Archetype / Class should be fairly easy to figure out.

Yes a lot of them are self explanatory and usually you can tell if they are good or not. But reading up on a few of mine (Ranger) some of that poo poo is either broken, not worth it, even though it sounds good. And its still good to know what is the best bang for your AA, especially at the lower AA numbers where it can mean the best gains.

For instance, Ranger AA at lv 80 is Harmonious Arrow, with the description as follows:

This ability provides you with a magical arrow that will be able to draw a single target from a group of enemies. This ability works on targets that are level 85 or lower.

So you would think to yourself this is a no brainier, right? Well this ability supposedly got nerfed so it no longer works and it only pulls trains.

Or another one such as "Precision of the Pathfinder" which supposedly increases your accuracy with weapons, and some say that while parsing data, that this is also broken or it does so little that its not worth it. While you would think that this is also a no brainier since it would probably increase bow and weapon accuracy.

Also some of that poo poo is just too vague. And what would really help is some AA stat sheet on your character sheet where you can see the changes you are making with your AA.

Peechka fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Apr 10, 2012

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Bugamol posted:

Unfortunately it's going to be extremely hard to find anything like that. You're just going to have to make your own judgement calls, or ask about individual AA's on a case by case basis. This isn't like WoW or any other huge game where you can easily find a guide that tells you exactly what to buy at what levels for an ideal build. The good news is that if you buy a lovely AA it's not really the end of the world and you can just grind out a few more and not worry about it.

Yeah I agree, but some of those AA lines you can literally spend 100s of AAs on. And some work in a way that the first few ranks show little to no improvement but the cumulative total after getting all of them in that line does. I agree that its no big deal if you spend them wrong but they should make the overall system a bit more intuitive.

Again, a stat sheet would be nice, where you can see the effects of your AA in a numerical value.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
I bought plat 2 different ways so far since I came back. One was using playerauctions. I think I had it delivered within 15 min, 100K for $10 using paypal to pay for it.

Second was by using one of the Wallmart cards during double station cash weekends. I bought 3 cards at the store, used one each for both my accounts for SC, and then the third I traded for PP. I just spammed "WTT wallmart card for PP" in general chat and had like 10 tells within a few minutes. I sold that card for 200K PP. Not sure of the going rate, it seemed like an OK deal.

Peechka fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Apr 17, 2012

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

hayden. posted:

Which is the least AA dependent? Wizards/Shamans/Mages?

they all need AA to a certain extent. I would say at least 1K at lv 90+?

hayden. posted:

Also, is boxing really that easy these days? Do you still have to switch between screens and poo poo constantly?

Thats still the way I do it. Play it in windowed mode and switch between them. The thing that makes it easy these days is a dedicated tank and healer merc so you dont have to worry about doing the two most intensive tasks, they do it for you. So you can concentrate on DPS and utility. They have programs that make it easier for you but I dont bother. EQ is pretty easy going and slow enough to pull it off no problem.

I run a Shaman and Ranger with Tank and Healer mercs and it works out. The shaman buffs, slows and dots, ranger pulls and whacks poo poo, while the mercs take care of the rest.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
I wanted to be the first to let you know that we're giving everyone on a recurring Gold Membership some free items.

We'll have more information about this on Friday but when we release the news article and when the Email hits your inbox, it's going to tell you that if you are on a recurring Gold Membership under the 1 month recurring plan, we're giving you one of our Big Bags and some food and drink that gives some benefits. And if you are on a 3 month recurring plan or better, you're going to get a Bigger Bag + XP potions + Consigned Armor + Mercenary Contract and a few other potions, food and drink. If you're not signed up to receive emails, you might want to go into your account and click to receive the information.

Also, if you are not currently on a recurring Gold Membership Plan, there will be some additional information on how you can take advantage of this offer as well this weekend, starting on Friday.

A thank you from the EverQuest Team! (the items, not my leak of information...)

-Thom Terrazas AKA "Phathom"

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=185820

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Bumble Bee posted:

On the free to play list, it says you can only pick from four classes and four races, but it also says "remaning purchaseable."

Does that mean you can fire in a bit of money, unlock the other races and classes, but still play for free otherwise?

Yep, if you click on the gold "SC" button, it will have all the answers for you.

You could just go gold and get all of that stuff unlocked, but I think once the account goes back to silver, it locks you out of those classes/races you have not purchased.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
As were nearing lv 80 ourselves. I staterd shopping around for some lv80 gear for my Ranger and pretty much scored on a lot of the stuff. For instance I picked up an entire set of terror infused link stuff for like an average of 6K a piece. It was wierd but most of that stuff was going for 10K-20K a piece but one trader out of like 5 had the stuff for dirt cheap. Same with the non visible stuff. For instance I picked up 2 Lv80 rings for 4K off the same trader. The same rings were up for 10K each. so even if I just bought them to resell, it was a steal IMO. It seems, from just investigating in the past week, that the Lv80 stuff on average is about 10K-15K a piece on my server, Drinal.

All in all I picked up the entire set of lv80 gear exept for the legs, 2 bracers, and 2 earings, offhand for about 40K? Not bad considering the stuff is all pretty much 3X as powerful as the Elegant Defiant I have now that cost me pretty much the same.

Peechka fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Apr 20, 2012

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
What we plan to do is stop again at 80, with all that HoT goodness, and farm out like 600-700 more AA, maybe even 1000. The plan is to go back to the lv 70+ zones in Serpent Spine or others and just rape.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Pilsner posted:

All in all, it wasn't really that much fun, so I strongly suspect you'll need at least lvl 85, if not 90, for it to be really fun and painless.

Gratz on the new kid!

As to the headshot, your heroic stats really effect the proc rate of headshot from what I have read. Therefore 80+ is when you will really see the proc rate increase when you can stack enough dex heroic stat. Tell me if im wrong, but thats what i have read.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
Yeah that's were we've been from like Lv70-78 now, Vergalid. We tried some of the other places but Vergalid is better exp. But its a bit more dangerous since mobs aggro range is huge. Bring some CC or have some way to pull singles. We had a chanter calm and mezz there.

Even lower down, near the pit of doom, some mobs are lv76-77 so that can easily get you to 80.

With a lesson burn we usually get 2 yellow down there with a Pally, Ranger, Chanter, Wiz and a tank and cleric merc. Not bad for 30 min. Pretty much a level per night if poo poo goes smooth.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
Servers have been up for a while now, btw.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
I have 2 wllmart cards for trade for PP on the Drinal server. Post here if you want them and well hook up.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Dizz posted:

I'd be hella interested in a game card right now but I'm nowhere close to affording one in plat.

E: old paineel is pretty okay. My merc can handle any mob by itself so long as I keep using Light healing on it.

You can make tons of money there. If you make it up to the temple area and the tunnels surrunding the temple, we would make like 10K for a few nights killing stuff there.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Hakubi posted:

I'd hate to do it all over again and not have access to the hole (permacamped on drinal now -- 7 in zone at all time, 2 afk rest fighting over temple

Hey that was us pretty much all last week and some this weekend on Drinal, We were pulling like 1/2 the zone from the temple. That poo poo is crazy insane AA. In less than a week we went from like 55-66 with 350AA.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
Where is the place to go for exp at 80? We tried Ashengate and its slow. And there is like no one there so it must suck.

Peechka fucked around with this message at 02:29 on May 1, 2012

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
Yeah, we did this on our server in the Hole. There was a guy there with a whole group + mercs camping the entire front section of the temple for a week straight afk!

So we trained his rear end and took his camp. At least when we played it was not AFK.

We dont usually train people on purpose, but if you are camping a highly contested area afk? Yeah, your rear end is getting set back to pok.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Ylide posted:

Also, is The Hole still good AA xp at 65? I am taking a nice long break from levelling to grind out a few hundred AAs, and am finding my usual places starting to suck. (potameids in mesa, blackfeather, griegs).

If youre on the Drinal server, than no, the exp sucks at the hole. But any other serer, yes it rocks..... :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Ylide posted:

Haha I'm on Vox so don't sweat it.

I hate making the run from the front entrance down to the temple area, can someone explain where I jump down to start in that area and why I won't die? Doesn't it drop you down into the boss room or something?

When you zone into paineel, just drop down the big huge hole. You will zone in at the higher level stuff. Take the tunnel to the left, a little stone you click and it will lead you to the temple area.

DeathTongue posted:

So the Hot Zone for 40 - Dranik's Scar - seems rear end-rapingly hard compared to previous hotzones. Everything seems to be yellow or red and the beasties that the Hot Zone quest guy sent me to murder wiped both my pet and tank merc in under a minute.

Am I doing something wrong?

IMO that zone is more for LV50+

You should also go check out the hole, but dont start by dropping down the hole, but zoneing in from the paineel noob area. Its an underwater tunnel, you click on a stone, it opens and you swim in. This place will rock for you for both levels up to 66ish and hundreds of AA.