Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

MrTheDevious posted:

I feel so incredibly sorry for you guys who missed the epic finale of Melcoy and Bluemist tonight. I'm pretty drat sure it was the single greatest EQ moment since Fansy the bard. I'm still laughing every time I think about it hours later

What? Screenshots of chatlogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Node posted:

I'm stuck on Inku'ta. I can get past the part where you hail four crazy Nihil with three characters, but next comes the Cursecaller event. You think their death touches are weak because of how old the expansion is? Haha, no. They melee proc for over 50k. You die instantly. You get rooted and snared with huge amounts of counters. It's a loving nightmare to box, I don't know if its impossible.

Paladin, shaman, bard is my group. If you fail the event, you get locked out, so you can't try again for another three days. It's loving awful. The only silver lining is that the six named cursecallers have very low hit points, even for that expansion. But I don't know if I will ever complete BiC because of Inku'ta.

My only guess is to get two rangers, one on each side, and have them disc and shoot the gently caress out of their assigned Cursecallers before the deathtouch train comes rolling by. But what two loving rangers are going to want to go to Inku'ta to do that?

I remember this event as current content.

gently caress that expansion and everyone dying about 30 times each on that horseshit encounter. :suicide:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Midnight City posted:

Can PL you to 85 in no time or gently caress around in old raids / epics whatever

I'd love this for my 80 paladin and 70ish mage :v:

Don't need plat, just want 85 to finish my little crew and going Ranger/Paladin/Mage is horribly inefficient.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Has the AA patch hit test yet?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Neato now my little poo poo army has max aa for their level.

2/3 of my 85s have rear end gear though. Anyone have some testcopied poo poo for an 85 paladin/mage? Looks like the old harpies bank got cleaned the hell out.

I have some voa patterns but i don't even know how to turn them in :v:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Is Frostcrypt acceptable for Slay Undead at 85? Seeing some say Feerott works too. I want to try get my paladin a few levels towards 90 before inevitable burnout.

I'd be running a poo poo composition (Paladin + healer merc, Ranger + wizard merc), probably maining the ranger for most dps because I don't have an easy way to get a bard/shaman to 85.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
If i'm gonna go with paladin + ranger and mercs, I'm really thinking a 3rd account would best be served by a bard, right?

On that note, at what level do spells stop getting sold in pok and become a pain in the rear end to get?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
With the goons that drop in and out of test there's no real reason to play live unless you want to give SOE a sub.

Roost was some of the most fun I had in EQ when we were actually active. Ryantear :allears:

And watching Kodaji wipe on my mage 2.0 fight in NC because it's got some of the shittiest mechanics ever was memorable, if not terrible for all involved.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
A goonrush is going to happen again

no not really but we can hope

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Hey Midnight, any chance you can get a bard to 85 for me this evening/weekend? I made a 3rd account.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I may have a few screenshots of the Butt Doctor (tm) lying around. I'll check tonight.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Q are you still raiding after Triality retired from EQ1?

RIP vazaelle...

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

MrTheDevious posted:

Gnonotmybutt was the premiere troll. No other troll in the history of the internet can measure up to The Butt Doctor. I wouldn't even screenshot it, because nobody who wasn't there can ever know just how amazing it was. He got the entire server up in arms against one another every time he spoke. This wasn't WoW-esque basic trolling designed to trivially get people arguing, it was all brilliant. I can't hope to recapture the magic now.

I'll seriously type up Ryantear in parts later, because it really is hilarious and it's the kind of hilarious that goes well in a thread

I couldn't find Butt Doctor screenshots. But, like Kodaji says, it's really, really hard to put it into words. This was trolling beyond any level of goon rush trolling I've ever seen in an MMO. This dude was just pure amazing :allears:

And I believe he did it without ever, ever using a curse word too.

I remember Fearboners :3: I was zapzan the mage and jhelora the ranger :v:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Midnight City posted:

I still prefer alt tabbing over isboxer after so many years of doing it, but I also hate boxing entirely so the two might be related.

Does anyone have any real info on Miragul for the Fiery Avenger? Alla is all over the place with 7 days, 3 days, 6 hours, PHs! No PHs!

I killed him last year when I got my paladin his epic. He doesn't have a PH, I just don't remember his spawn time. I just camped my paladin there and checked his spawn every few hours for about 3 days and got him.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Oh man, Tecknoe. I forgot all about that monk. Remember reading on VCC about when you soloed vox and naggy.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

qxx posted:

I miss the days of the VCC. That thread was great. Packed to the rafters with people registering on the forums just to call bullshit. But more importantly, who were you on Vazaelle? I started on Vaz 5 days after it opened and just recently transferred off, after 14 years...bittersweet.

I was Jhelora on Vazaelle, spent a bit of time with Agony and then EoTD until they died. Ophidion is the reason I bought an SA account. Really miss the EOTD days. I started on Vaz in 2001, right before i finished high school.

holy poo poo that's a long time ago.

Was in Triality for like the first 3 months of their existence on my Wizard but didn't really have the time to contribute.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

darkhand posted:

What the heck are the mechanics of blind? Stops them from targeting abilities? Does it break when people are close and does that count pets?

Xorbb1 minotaur casts stuff which you apparently you can interrupt by hiding behind stuff. He is susceptible to blind so I figure you can just blind him instead of hiding. We pet tank him on the platform and have paladin constantly blinding him but he says it wears off within seconds.

Does blind even do anything for NPCs? I remember blind spells landing on me would just turn my monitor black and hide everything, UI included.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Pilsner posted:

Anyone having problems with right-clicks being interpreted as double right-clicks since the patch? For example, I right-click a tradeskill container, and the tradeskill window flashes quickly and closes. Same when inspecting vendor items. Maybe it's my mouse...

That's been happening to me for years. I've also not bought a new mouse for years.

Take it for what you will.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Pilsner posted:

Only in EQ?

Yea, only in EQ. Only game that does it. I still rock an Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 from way back

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I wish I had the time to get Zapzan up to raid level to see some of the content on test. Then again 85 to 100 probably isn't that bad :iiam:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
So what's the best way for me to hit 90ish with my mage, paladin, and ranger as a 3 box?

I'd love to hit 100 and pull semi competent dps or knight duty raiding, just so far removed from anything post 80 leveling is basically :iiam:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
At 85, what are the best options for weapons on test? Find some poo poo out of bazaar? I really want to level Zapzan and my Paladin or Ranger (probably Ranger), and wondering what to expect until 90 or so.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

MrTheDevious posted:

There isn't one anymore. We just use the serverwide chat now pretty much. The only places I know of more than one goon are Test and Xegony, but even on those 2 servers there's no real active goons at the moment who aren't in raid guilds.

/join serverwide.gchat:fygm

To set the game to automatically join the channel upon login, type:

/autojoin serverwide.gchat:fygm (to autojoin multiple chat channels, type several channel names, comma-separated)

what kind of committment is the test raid guild anyway?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

If I can find a somewhat painless way to get Zapzan or Jhelora to 100, I'd raid for a while and DPS while not dying to dumb poo poo like a pubbie. Probably prefer Jhelora (rangger) unless the mage offers some crazy utility, especially since my Paladin is a no go.

Dubious fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jul 23, 2014

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Cool, I'll just start logging in and figuring out how to do the grind to 100! I'll probably just box my paladin and make a heroic shaman to have a little static group, but would love to see some new content. Can't make a ton of days but since the requirement is pretty chill i can definitely be there at least once a week :v:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
edit: Any of you able to test copy over, or have osmium chain and plate, and consort silk templates? As well as some wraps to finish up a set of silk?

Dubious fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jul 25, 2014

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

MrTheDevious posted:

^^ I don't have any on copy, but I can make you some anytime if you gather up the mats.

I picked up some osmium ore from some friendly soul in general. Only got 14 but that makes me my arms and bracer for jhel, and like 3 paladin pieces! probably wont be on for some leveling till wednesday when i get the gf to let me play for a while.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I have some time to level a bit on Thursday and maybe Friday if anyone wants to do some 85+ stuff with my Ranger :v:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Any of you guys got some T1 wraps? I could use a set for my paladin because he's getting his rear end stomped.

E: on test

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

MrTheDevious posted:

Edit - just saw even the first raid requires the entire raid force to have done 20+ flagging tasks. REALLY? That ends any chance of me ever raiding again alone.

this is a thing in TYOOL 2014? lol

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

MrTheDevious posted:

Ahahahahaha that avatar + Rap Sheet combination is like stumbling into Christmas

Holy poo poo. Figured I'd stroll into the EQ thread and that's like winning the lottery.

:laugh:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Pilsner posted:

There was actually, we made a guild named <Grr Bark Bark Grr>

that's pro tier

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
oh my god Ragefire is going to be the best and i am going to reup for it for a few months and be the ranger the server needs

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Ragefire really will be trash for a long time, won't it?

Not sure where my friends heard it, but they were talking about a rumor of a server being opened up to PoP, where it would be left at. Is that unfounded trash?

Because that would own.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
thanks jetz0r for the kronos!

i did a raidcopy for the hell of it, and....lol. It's worth it alone for the sheer ridiculousness you get hooked up with.

Now to level from 1, only starting at 2.2k hp with full buffs and a self DS :v:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

JustJeff88 posted:

who are going to destroy EQ

yea that happened quite a while ago already

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
1:13 in the afternoon and Ragefire is at capacity :bravo:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
lol at $90 USD per month to play this piece of poo poo with an army

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
How are rangers since we get live spell data and poo poo?

I want to make a monk or a ranger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
the :qq: people have going on for multiboxers is just pure gold.

Like they forget what the last 15 years have been like.