Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Shaman is just too good with monk to replace. Assuming you keep going enough to reach 75-80, Shm DPS goes ballistic and just keeps getting better AND you get slows AND you get insane monk buffs AND the heals become drat near Cleric tier. I don't think there's much 75+ that a monk/cleric could do that a monk/shm can't do faster, safer, and easier. Druids are the caster version and don't bring much at all to a monk other than ports.

Only downside is Shm is kinda rear end to box until you level high enough canni dancing is gone. That's also somewhere in the 65-75 range iirc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Seconded. There was an era where SKs were a chore to play, but that era is long over. My SK got his first Terror at mid 20s and even Mischief-tier twinking can't surpass it. Much easier than having to worry about a warrior when you can mash one hotkey and be done on the tank

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

The testcopy guy is definitely still active. His guild on Test is Iron Bank of Bravos or something close to that. If you ask in General I'm sure they'll steer you to the right person

Medullah posted:

Is Isboxer still really the only game in town for multi boxing?

There's also HotkeyNet, but both are banned on Truebox servers, so if you're TLPing, don't bother.

https://joemultiboxer.com/ I believe is allowed, since it doesn't do input broadcasting

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

I believe (but could be wrong) that "Relaxed" means you can now run up to 3 boxes on one computer, but no more. I would assume you can then use any software you want on them, including ISBoxer, since Macroquest is allowed on them as well.

I also missed one that says it works on Truebox! https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/ionbc-truebox.2463/

I haven't tried it myself, but the Redguides guys are legit and as trustworthy as you could hope for

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

That is just not the case anymore. A deal was reached between MQ folk and Daybreak, MQ people intentionally prevent MQ from working on TLP/truebox servers, and Daybreak leaves people alone elsewhere.

Even Almar has a guide on it https://almarsguides.com/eq/gettingstarted/boxing/Macroquest2Guides/

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Update: Still not banned, but there is a live dupe of some sort happening atm. Turn your plat into krono ASAP, prices are either already spiking or already have on your server. Tons of money to be made with a bit of patience now

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

What a disappointing TLP. Might as well just download EQEmu and play solo locally if you want that much carebear ez mode. Might stop a couple of popular PL methods, but it's sure not going to keep jerks from arriving. This looks to be the easiest server ever made to be a jerk on? You can 2023 Fansy a whole zone for days and nobody can even steal your mobs or put them into summon mode. Spread out a couple bard boxes and nobody can touch anything within a mile from whatever you want to permalock

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Yiggy posted:

Several people have been pointing out a possible raid cheese: have a monk/bard train pull zone trash out of the way, run raid through and park, drop agro and lock and let the mobs walk back into place. No trash clears. In theory.

This is already doable. We did this ALL the time in the Test server raid guild. Most of the plebs were too useless to be trusted to run through the zone in time, so we just had all the knights/clerics DA train while a few mages ran into position and coh'd everyone else. It's the only way we ever finished revamped NToV. I'm betting the reason it's not more common is that most raid guilds find it faster to simply plow the trash . This is just going to make it even easier and safer than it already was.

I'm guessing they're going to yank all of the encounter locking straight from Everquest 2, which has had it forever. If so, the mobs will be fully unaggro-able by anyone else until they've completely returned to their spawn point. I can't wait for all the drama

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

It's insanely easy to catch up on Mischief right now. I sold 1 krono and was able to afford twinking the poo poo out of an entire 6 box crew with half the money left over. Got my bois leveled in a few days and they're now just trucking along filling in AAs that aren't auto'd yet.

There weren't a whole lot of lowbies a few weeks ago when I started, but I'd guess the new TLP announcement is going to have a ton of fresh blood arriving on Mischief shortly

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Drop the cleric for another melee DPS and that set's gold. A shaman's fine main healing a group already on Mischief, and they only get more ridiculous as expansions unlock. I'm running SK/Shm/Bard + 3x zerkers and my shm often outdeeps the SK while also healing the group alone. Almost every group-game obstacle can be trivially overcome just by burning harder, so you'll probably live longer making the swap too

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

https://isboxer.com/ is what I use. Costs :10bux: but worth it imo. It's so nice after you set up the overlays and video feeds and passthrough clicks. I almost never switch off of my tank's instance since I can control the other 5 boxes fine from it already

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

You really don't want to use VMs if you can avoid it. It's how I'm having to play and it'd be abjectly miserable if I were trying to manually control them all. Even if you set up GPU partitioning, it still feels awful and laggy and clunky. I'd much rather have a stack of cheap ebay laptops

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Careful on Test atm, they're testing the new UI there and half the time I try running around the last couple weeks, everything breaks to hell

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Fuckin madlads actually did it.

I would've never in my life bet a dollar they'd have fixed the massive problems before the server launched, but I ran around on Test for a while and I can't really find any huge bugs left. Good job for once, DBG

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

xZAOx posted:

I wanted to dust off my phinny bard (105, broken mirror bored me to death and that's when I quit). I figure my only option is to learn how to box.

Seems like MQ is the way to go. I got it logging in two new characters, got some of the basic plugins working.

But for the stuff to play your characters without having to set them up yourself, seems like the answer these days is kissassist macro, which is from a RedGuides sub? I know you can get mq for free, but is there a free kissassist or something comparable?

If you do sub to RG, what happens when your sub is out? Does your poo poo still work, just you won't get updates (meaning stuff will probably break at some point)?

MASSIVE effortpost ahead!

MQ has undergone some crazy changes in the last year or so. There's two paid sites that each have their own version, MmoBugs and RedGuides. MmoBugs is still trucking along with an ancient build of MQ, allows active hacks (that get you banned), and has no real momentum in the community. RedGuides rewrote all of MQ2 from the ground-up into a thing they called MQNext. Plugins built for one won't work with the other, so you have to choose one or the other.

The RedGuides people are FANTASTIC and there's a massive community around the ecosystem with 50+ awesome plugins MmoBugs doesn't get. They have also open sourced the entirety of MQNext. This means if you remove MmoBugs option entirely (you should), you have two remaining choices:

1) RedGuides Very Vanilla - this is their "paid" option and comes pre-built with every possible plugin. You click a launcher button and that's all, everything else is handled for you. Note here that I used "paid" rather than paid. You can get this free by simply posting on their forums. You can also :10bux: if you'd rather. Either way, having "paid" access allows you to download all the community plugins (of which there are TONS of amazing ones) which are also handled automatically through the Launcher. This version is also required for the "Premium" CWTN (paid $20 per class) plugins. They are KissAssist/MuleAssist on crack and good enough you can fire up 40 boxes and complete entire raids alone. You cannot use these EVEN IF YOU BUY THEM if you're not using this VV option. Important note - EVERYTHING IS FREE ON TEST SERVER! You can try VV/CWTN plugins on Test all you want before investing a dime.

2) DIY Build - This is where you build MQNext from its open source on your own. You follow the instructions at https://docs.macroquest.org/ and at the end, you'll have self-produced the same thing as Redguides Very Vanilla. You cannot, however, download any of the community plugins without the "paid" forum account. This is, however, as free as a thing can be. You can, in fact, :10box: or forumquest your way into RedGuides for a single month, download all the plugins you want, then run for free forever. The CWTN plugins are *NOT* available here even if you purchase them.

BOT USAGE in order from easiest to most complex:
- If you're using CWTN plugins, you literally click go and you're done. They have a neat little in-game GUI where you can set each character's role (puller/tank/healer/dps/etc) and a bunch of checkboxes for enabling/disabling things. They are completely idiot proof and will play your character better than you can do so solo manually. In fact, if you'd like to improve your skills on your main, watch CWTN playing it. Absolutely jam-packed with every feature you can imagine, every spell perfectly placed, every AA your class gets has an option for usage. The creator himself uses them to solo raid and is incredibly active in the RG Discord server, so *any* problem you have with them has an answer 30 seconds away. These are what I use for every class that has one. They're truly mindblowing. You can try them FREE on the Test server.

- If you have VV, you have several choices which you can find in the RG forums Level 2 (paid):
1) RGMercs is the easiest, as it's designed to have almost no options for user simplicity. You turn it on and it pilots that character in the way the RGMercs dev decided. I hate it personally, but a LOT of people use it fine

2) Entropy/XGen - More featureful than RGMercs but VERY jank. I've never been able to get these to work very well at all

3) MuleAssist/MAUI - This is KissAssist, but modern. MAUI provides a nice in-game UI similar to the CWTN plugins. Slightly less-good at pretty much everything than CWTN plugins are, but not by much. This is what I use on all my characters that don't have CWTN plugins. One of them is a Bard, which MAUI/MuleAssist (after config) is running as puller AND mezzer amongst the normal melody + dps. It did take a lot of tinkering compared to CWTN, but he's pretty much flawless now and I'm constantly amazed at how well he performs

- If you DIY'd or don't like the above options:
1) KissAssist - this sucker is ANCIENT and feels it. It works quite well once configured, but has no GUI at all, so every tweak involves opening a text file and manually changing things, then restarting the plugin. There is *nothing* that KA can do that MuleAssist/MAUI can't. I have no idea why anyone with access to anything else still uses KA, but it is an option for sure.

Note here that MuleAssist is legitimately a rewrite of KissAssist, and MAUI comes with the ability to auto-convert KA configs to MA ones. That means you can always upgrade to MAUI regardless of KA/MA. If you don't have any configs at all, you can find them https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/categories/kissassist-ini-library.18/ and https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/categories/muleassist-ini-library.24/

Filter for class/level, grab one from the library, start there, then tweak as you see fit. These both require a bit of work/understanding how KA/MA function in general, so even with the downloadable .ini files, you'll have to put some effort into these. My current Bard MAUI started as one of those libraries too.

UTILS not directly related to automation of characters - VV has a crapload of amazing plugins that enhance all the other aspects of boxing. You cannot get these with the DIY free option.
- My favorite so far are MQNav/EasyTravel/Magellan. Want your whole group that's spread across the land to each invis up, then run to a specific zone? Open Magellan plugin, type the zone you want into search box, mash button, your whole crew navigates there.
- Sick of button mashing Overseer? Plugin auto-runs overseer the minute you log in, then tracks as things finish and queues new ones
- Hate Advanced Loot and wish you could do things like `Give each group member 3 of this quest item, then pass on the rest` or `Give every Tradeskill drop to specific toon carrying 6x extraplanar satchels`? Now you can
- Want to sell all your vendor loot at once? /lootly sell, done
- Want your inventory to be searchable and sortable independent of individual bags? Feast your eyes on Cold's Big Bag
- Your whole group died. You don't want to CR, but lobby rez is annoying with that many characters. LazyLobbyRez to the rescue, click a button and your whole group runs to lobby, summons their corpses, and your healer rezzes them all, then runs them to wherever you'd like
- Powerleveling is tedious as hell. /mac run Hatchery, presto, your bigboye DS powerlevels your lowbies
- So many buttons now when trying to drive multiple characters from a single window! We need more and better clicky things. ButtonMaster is here for you, infinite buttons to click
- How much does buying and memming a million spells from PoK suck? Sucks even more when you hit the point where spells start being sold in other zones, not PoK. Scriber is here for you. Click GO and that character will invis/run/buy/memorize every spell in the game it doesn't already know.
- Things are working pretty great, but it sure would be nice to see the rest of the group's status from the main box - BoxHUD! Quick glance and it'll show you everything from whether each character is invis down to which macro they're using, whether they're burning or not, etc
- Finally the BIGGEST BOI - /autofollow is trash. Absolute garbage. MQ2Nav, however, uses a third party Navmesh generation algorithm that fixes this. You can /afollow literally ANYWHERE in the game and NONE Of your boxes ever gets stuck, falls off a bridge, faceplants a door, etc.
- Additionally, EasyFind brings that MQ2Nav to everywhere. Want to run to a specific NPC? /travelto Bilbo done.

I think that's most everything I use daily, open for questions now :)

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

That is true, you cannot use them as they stand on TLPs if you go with RG. The RG devs have an old Daybreak dev (not a huge surprise to anyone, I assume) and part of their attempted detente with DBG is to disable functionality on the TLPs since those are DBG's cash cow.

That said, MQNext truly is open source, including the portions that prevent TLP functionality. Hypothetically, if one were to comment a choice few lines of code out, perhaps finding them by searching the codebase for the error message MQ gives when you try to load it on truebox, there would be nothing else stopping MQ from working on TLPs. If you've played a TLP before, you'll undoubtedly have seen lots of people using MQ anyway. This is how they do so.

Note that hypothetically if someone hypothetically commented that code, it would hypothetically only fix the direct MQ2 functionality. I'd hypothetically guarantee the CWTN plugins will still not function as they have their own Detours built into them that are *NOT* open source

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

xZAOx posted:

What plugin/macro is this one!?

YALM (Yet another loot manager). It's in the Lua section where most of the neat things come from these days. There's also Lootier which is pretty nice as well, but missing YALM's ability to bulk categorize things (like giving ALL tradeskill items to one character). Lootier is much more user friendly if you don't care about that one function though! It has a little GUI and is really intuitive

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

People keep saying that, but here I am anyway after years of usage, never once been suspended, not even from TLPs where MQ extra isn't allowed. Don't use active hacks, don't be an idiot/rear end in a top hat, don't make it starkly obvious you're using MQ, you're fine. People get suspended when they get reported by other people. There is definitely no automated detection and banning happening with non-active hacks because there's nothing they could detect in the first place, it's not rewriting any memory.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

That is exactly what they think. They couldn't care less as long as nobody complains to them about you. They're bringing in 6x cash on people running entire groups

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

A lot of those recommendations are based on f2p, where only certain expansions have usable gear, and even fewer have type 5(?) augs that go in almost every gear slot. Gribbles/TBM fill all those slots for f2p boxes while scaling the missions pretty low, so if you have enough patience to grind the same 3 drat missions 500x, that's the optimal way. Almost all of the recommendations on RG are going to be f2p-oriented because everyone has 50+ accounts there.

They get REALLY loving boring though, so my new box crew I defaulted all gear to SK and expansion hopped the whole way up. This was my path as 6box (SK, Shm, Bard, Bst, Ber, Rog/Nec):

1-75ish: Defiant works fine enough if you pick up a few pieces on baz for your tank. Definitely worth spending a tiny bit of plat here to make these go easier, tank gear is still really cheap for these levels and you only need a few pieces.

75ish: Unless you're incredibly morally opposed to spending a single dime, sub/krono your tank here. You're going to have an awful experience with a low-AA tank from now on, so you either have to grind forever or krono once. Rest of this post assumes you've krono'd the tank and have auto-grant on it. If you don't want to sub, you'll have to stick around in each of these zones for more days/weeks to grind your tank's AA to an appropriate level to handle content. This is sadly not optional, EQ expects your tank to be max-ish AA for each expansion henceforth and balances around it.

75-85: Tank needs gear at this point, go camp Warped Steel pieces from SoF. They drop from FM/Beza, which are also amazing xp zones. You can *always* find a MQ-able camp somewhere in these zones no matter your gear. Just keep upping the pull radius as you get stronger. You can technically buy the armor from bazaar, but the xp is so good in these zones for janky box groups there's no need. Do your leveling here while you deck out your tank. Everyone else can stay in defiant/whatever/nothing. Your tank is going to be feeling a bit of pain depending on bazaar gear, so you can also grind xp in RSS or DSK to add some starter AC augs while you're getting great xp from them anyway. Buy/steal/borrow the best shield you can find and put your fattest AC aug in it.

85-92: Straight to HoT expansion. Oddly you do *not* want the T1 armor drops here, because they require tradeskilled templates that don't exist anymore on baz. The T2 armor, however, does not. You need only the T2 named drop and some money. Grounds is the ticket here, which you can fully handle fine in SoF/bazaar gear. There are lots of safe camps in the zone where you can keep upping pull radius and snagging more and more nameds. I let my crew grind here in the background for days while I was working, and all 6 emerged with full HoT gear

90-95: There is a MASSIVE open field in HoT: Sanctum Somnium if you go through the giants portal. There is a guide for it on RG and nobody is *EVER* there anymore. I set up for more days here and the whole crew was pretty decked out by the end. This was also the start of earning real money. I picked up ~4 krono worth of bazaar sellable things between here and Morell's Castle quiver camp (also on RG) while grinding xp, but held onto them because my crew wasn't struggling much yet.

95-102: I moved to Grelleth's Palace in RoF. I know the zone really well and it has several great pickups for named loot I already knew about and wanted. Definitely not the fastest, but easy/safe and got me shields for everyone (including SK) as well as a few other nice pieces for SK

103-112: Demiplane of Life in TBM. This is my new favorite empty zone in all of EQ. It reaps all the same f2p benefits as the normally-recommended TBM stuff, but it's a HUGE wide-open non-instanced zone with 20+ places to camp in complete safety. My entire box crew emerged from this in full TBM + all the goodies with zero input from me other than running from one camp to the next. Absolutely amazing zone for box crews. In the total 100+ hours I spent here, only 2 other people ever zoned in, and neither came remotely close enough to trigger any problems. I cannot overstate the awesomeness of this zone. Almost everything you can get from mind-numbing mission repetition, you can also get here, even f2p. At this point, I was making enough from loot sales/vendor trash (everything in this zone drops diamonds+) to krono all 6 boxes for auto-grant without using any of my saved krono earnings, which I did. This is the last point you can auto-grant and it will save you literally tens of thousands of AA worth of grinding to do so on each box.

112+ grind xp got ravaged, you have to do progression/quests now, glhf. You can shell out for MQ2Grind, but it's only good for AA at this point. You must now quest in Everquest, but you're pretty decently geared and AA'd for free to do so now. On the upside, there are TONS of buyable AC augs in bazaar finally. You can absolutely deck your tank out with them, as well as buyable Snowbound gear. My crew is at 118 now and handling everything fine

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Playing group geared tank is a whole night and day difference from a raid geared one. Everything is incredibly painful even after you camp the almost-infinite amount of tank items/augs. I'd rather mage pet tank than group-geared tank.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

They absolutely do not care, been saying that for years now. I'm in an explicitly MQ2-only guild right now and one of them has been running a box group in the exact same popular grind zone 24/7 with some throwaway boxes to see how long it takes to get banned. He's about to hit 6 months in the exact same spot, same 6 characters 24 hours a day, and he's never even eaten a 3 day suspension though he's regularly talked about in general chat.

These people make DBG *far* more money than it loses to people quitting over botting. Anyone who was going to quit over it already has, so DBG stands to gain nothing and lose a ton of krono purchasing by banning them. Even if they did get banned, the MQ tooling is so insanely good at this point that it's a 1-2 night setback at worst before they have another army replaced

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Dropped our first NoS raid on third attempt! There's now a gaping hole instead of a door on Test and we're waiting to see how long before someone notices

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Oh there's a permanent serverwide change when that raid is beaten for the first time on a server. A whole hugeass wall disappears and gives everyone access to a progression zone. It's now disappeared on Test and we're waiting for the "legit" raid guild who was planning to try it next weekend to notice

Dropped our second NoS raid last night (The Owl one), but it has no fun serverwide gimmick

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

MQ Progress update: We added some final new recruits, bringing our total up to 9 so everyone plays only one group each. We're now only 4 kills away from having everything in the game on farm. We're trying to finish before LS drops.

Wall Update: The legit guild noticed when finally attempting it themselves and had a meltdown. They're convinced some live server guild did it just to gently caress with them and several made characters on various live servers to investigate the case of the missing wall.

I'm convinced this is the most fun you can have in this game now

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Hah come to the dark side, my padawans. Resistance is futile

New expansion dropped on Test and promptly started eating people's characters when they tried personas. The best part was watching more people log in, be told in general chat not to touch personas, then doing it anyway and losing their characters too

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Nov 30, 2023

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

People constantly sleep on clerics because they're boring, but they're the ticket, gently caress shamans. Mine hits 75% or so of a shaman's DPS, my beastlord and bard can both slow fine enough now that slow is garbage, and cleric heals are on a completely different level. I can pull 20 plus a couple named in new LS zones and my SK still can't die. You can completely ignore even deathtouch mechanics because the cleric can happily tank whatever while rezzing. Cleric itself can even eat the DT and one EE later, she's so mana-efficient she just goes right back to healing with 0 mana.

They're utterly absurd now, but the shaman myth is so strong nobody plays them anyway

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Even on live, all you have to do is run a VPN inside virtual machines and you can run however many you want. There's not much anyone can do to stop it

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Coolnezzz posted:

Supposedly, GMs have an in-game command that can read a target's client and report back if it's running on a VM, according to some folks at RedGuides. The exact mechanism for this is unknown, also not sure if it's actually true. I think some EU privacy laws forbid this stuff these days? I think they just don't care about when you do it on live compared to a TLP, but is detectable.

The Redguides people are brilliant, but they have a very specific viewpoint, which is "Most people using this software are idiots and we don't want to be blamed for them doing stupid things", so their advice is always EXTREMELY conservative. There is not actually any rules against using VMs on Live, which is why you don't see anyone talking about it. They're part of the Truebox rules that TLPs get only.

There is a post on the RG forums for getting EQ to run on Linux that still works fine. You want a main Linux install that you install KVM onto, then make a VM through KVM that sets up a VPN and EQ-on-Linux inside of it. Duplicate that VM once for each box you want to run. Done. Hyper-V is technically also a Type1 Hypervisor, but it uses driver stubs that are VERY easy to detect (they're literally named something like VirtualMouse, VirtualDisplay, etc). Never use a Type 2 (VirtualBox, VMWare). I had a whole group running in KVM automated grinding clear to 50 on Mischief launch and farming for months after, perfectly safe no suspensions. You can do this on a random laptop or whatever just fine

As for communities, there are a number of them that aren't RG who allow discussion of this stuff, but they're extremely insular and tend not to invite people who aren't actively playing with them, where you have the mutually-assured-destruction guarantee if one tries to screw you. I originally met them purely because one was in my old guild from years ago and recognized my name when I was getting beaten with jumper cables for asking about TLP in the Redguides discord. Instead of one big community, it's more like 20 different small groups of people where everybody has friends in the other groups, so there's a lot of "Yall go ask your people if anybody knows how to do <X>".

It's pretty neat in its own way though! We have people pretty regularly now either coming to show us how to do something or learn how we do something and have made a lot of friends.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

That's my primary group except bard instead of ench and nec instead of wiz! If you're relying on CWTN plugins, they are reactive-only for aggro and your non-tanks WILL eat hits. My cleric and SK are both pretty max raid geared and the cleric still dies often enough I'd never go without the necro for backup rezzes. Any time I don't have her in LS content, I come back to my group standing around doing nothing on top of the cleric's corpse.

If you're never planning to let the group do anything without you actively directing, this is less of an issue since you can pause and pop a merc, but the siren song of semi-afk grinding is pretty strong. We had a couple never-afk holdouts who finally gave in when somebody found instant-respawning camp in LS and they got tired of seeing the rest of us pulling in 3k AA/hour. There IS one of "those" guys on Test though who spends hours a week trying to "catch" MQ users. His name's Belderon and he's too stupid to realize everyone on the server using MQ has long since added him to alerts, so he's not particularly successful, but do be aware he's there.

Once you get set up, hmu! I've got a massive pile of custom scripts for test and an infinite amount of 120 chase loot sets I can pile onto your boxes.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Coolnezzz posted:

I'm really considering running 3x 6 box crews for 18-manning older content or getting together with other boxers/MQ raid boxers to do current content with extremely low human numbers, but at the very least I'm maining a Warrior this time around to have a raid geared tank for my box crew.

Late but I wanted to warn you anyway that 18 is a really awkward number for EQ raids if you're talking about live/125. That is what I thought too, but a bunch of us have 18 each and there's surprisingly few raids that you can do with 18 but can't with 12. We use 18 for the VP raid that drops the insane speed mount now and that's it. Most newer than that have mechanics that make it REALLY hard to do with 18. 24 can do a whole lot though, including Shei which is an absolutely amazing farm raid for MQers to gear up group-geared boxes. We still farm it on lockout. There's some scripts on RG that you run on your enchanters/clerics/paladins/rangers that do all the mechanics, so you just show up and turn on auto attack and wait 15 mins then collect your loots.

fwiw MQing raids is a billion times more fun with at least one other person. I would've long since gotten bored and quit the game again, but instead I'm anxiously awaiting T3 raids going live and having the best EQ time I ever had :unsmith: We're also planning to hit the new TLP server as a normal non-MQ group if the rules are fun

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Teek is gonna be amazing. I joined up with some other guys that did the first 2 months of TLP last year running 12 each and walked away with 500 krono apiece. We're planning to run 2 raid forces of 36 and liquidate every single thing that drops outside of a main warrior. Yall come deliver your sweet wallets to my pockets please

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

MQ is many things, but effort required is not one of them. Playing a single character manually takes 25x more keypresses than running a whole group via MQ each. Raiding with 30+ real people is chaos and takes forever to get everyone on the same page and in the zone -- no such worries when it's a small crew. Raid loot on free trade servers is a nightmare --not for us when we're planning to sell it all anyway. You can even automate the vast majority of raids themselves in the first xpacs the same way you automate group grinding! Everything dies on lockout because 1 real live person can pilot all 36+ and blow it the F up even if everyone else is asleep.

We've been practicing up on a different TLP to farm some starter kronos for me and the 1 other newbie and it's an absolute blast. Feels almost more like a Total War game than EQ

As for what to do with the Kronos -- ectunnel.com of course. $5000 in exchange for having fun playing EQ for a few months vs $0 in exchange for having fun playing EQ for a few months is a simple equation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

They are definitely false-tagging people not using MQ. We have 1 guy we let join because he's really cool who only uses ISBoxer, and he got a couple of his characters suspended mid-raid during an event where you get blown off a cliff across the zone if you fail an emote. He is 100% not cheating and still took the L