Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumi
Apr 26, 2006
I watched the sky.
The stickers on the eyes do look fake (even though it's probably the better stickers already), which is why I wanted to paint them. Although I wanted to achieve them in a way that's not insane.

A couple of you mentioned painting it silver. Would that actually be a good colour scheme? I thought that maybe silver on a white face wouldn't stand out too much (I was personally thinking more along the lines of green that the stickers imply).

Lumi fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

Zeether posted:

Eh, that's fine with me. The main reason I'd want it is minimal "parts leprosy" for the super mode and having the leg flaps fold out instead of taking them off and trying to get them into a better position is good enough. Also, I'm probably going to have to look into getting some gold Gundam Markers so I can paint the "shining" parts.

It doesn't have the Shining Finger Sword, though :(

Can you confirm that what you got was the HGFC Shining? Because I was thinking of getting one myself, and the link here http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Shining-Gundam-Future-Century/dp/B0052PEUFE/ref=pd_sim_t_1 specifically mentions the Shining Finger Sword and has it in the pictures too.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Lumi posted:

The stickers on the eyes do look fake (even though it's probably the better stickers already), which is why I wanted to paint them. Although I wanted to achieve them in a way that's not insane.

A couple of you mentioned painting it silver. Would that actually be a good colour scheme? I thought that maybe silver on a white face wouldn't stand out too much (I was personally thinking more along the lines of green that the stickers imply).

When I said silver, I meant as an undercoat to a clear color. So you paint it silver, and then you paint say clear red or clear green over the silver parts to achieve that shiny reflective effect.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
The Gunpla event I'm running for my college is this weekend, and I just got a shitton of model kits shipped to me in preparation. The Perfect Grades are actually something my friend and I have been wanting to get for a while, and aren't technically related to the event.

Even had trouble getting them all on camera. I should have taken the pictures in a bigger room.

The ones I got from Hobbywave (most of them) even came in a neato Bandai PG 00 Raiser shipping box.

Also, big thanks to whoever pointed out that Amazon has a decent Gunpla selection. I've been looking for a PG GP-01 for a while, and otherwise I could only find it backordered and with $80-100 shipping from Japan. Thanks to Amazon I was able to instead get miraculous 2-day Amazon Prime shipping. :)

Lumi
Apr 26, 2006
I watched the sky.

Mecha Gojira posted:

When I said silver, I meant as an undercoat to a clear color. So you paint it silver, and then you paint say clear red or clear green over the silver parts to achieve that shiny reflective effect.

Ah okay, thanks. :)

As an aside, would it be retarded to paint something as the same colour as the mold? I've read somewhere that it would look nicer just because of the texture, etc, so I wouldn't mind getting more painting practice but if it makes zero difference then I wouldn't bother.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Lumi posted:

Ah okay, thanks. :)

As an aside, would it be retarded to paint something as the same colour as the mold? I've read somewhere that it would look nicer just because of the texture, etc, so I wouldn't mind getting more painting practice but if it makes zero difference then I wouldn't bother.

Nope, would probably look better. Due to the molding process, the plastic ends up with swirls and other imperfections, so painting even in its original colors would probably make it look better than just leaving it unpainted. I'd definitely say go for it if that's what you want to do.

Edit: And yeah, Takanago, you guys look like y'all will be having fun. Also, I see that One Piece and that Patlabor kit hiding in there (way to be awesome).

Lumi
Apr 26, 2006
I watched the sky.
Please take pictures of the Patlabor after it's done. I've been a Patlabor fan when I was younger, so I was eyeing some of the Patlabor kits but wasn't sure if they were worth it since they're not Gundams (older tech, price/value might not match up since it's more niche).

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
I'll make sure to do that. Though, I would not be able to outdo dalong's many Patlabor kit reviews.

Lumi
Apr 26, 2006
I watched the sky.

Takanago posted:

I'll make sure to do that. Though, I would not be able to outdo dalong's many Patlabor kit reviews.

And hopefully convey the experience in a language that's not Korean.

Faltion
Jul 4, 2004

I am an anachronism
Playing SD Gundam online and watching Zeta/ZZ recently has opened my eyes to a lot of suits I would love to build, but then I look and they're out of stock everywhere and made like 20 years ago or they've just never been made into a model.
Anyone know how to go about making custom parts? :smith:

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Son Ryo posted:

Can you confirm that what you got was the HGFC Shining? Because I was thinking of getting one myself, and the link here http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Shining-Gundam-Future-Century/dp/B0052PEUFE/ref=pd_sim_t_1 specifically mentions the Shining Finger Sword and has it in the pictures too.
Yup, that's the HGFC version I have. The MG version does not have the Shining Finger Sword from what I saw on dalong.net.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
this is what it's all about

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

Zeether posted:

Yup, that's the HGFC version I have. The MG version does not have the Shining Finger Sword from what I saw on dalong.net.

Oh, that's what you meant. I thought you meant the one you have didn't have the SFS-- I'm dumb.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I can pretty much die happy just knowing this exists:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Faltion posted:

Playing SD Gundam online and watching Zeta/ZZ recently has opened my eyes to a lot of suits I would love to build, but then I look and they're out of stock everywhere and made like 20 years ago or they've just never been made into a model.
Anyone know how to go about making custom parts? :smith:

I'm telling ya, SD Gundam Online is a big gunpla selling scam! :tinfoil:

Are you playing the english version? IGN Dre2Dee2 if you looking for a bud

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Bimmi posted:

1. What is this?
2. Can I get one?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

DoubleDonut posted:

1. What is this?
2. Can I get one?

HGUC Juagg, and every hobby store in japan when its out.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Bimmi posted:

1st Gundam designs are the best designs. Exhibit A

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Son Ryo posted:

Oh, that's what you meant. I thought you meant the one you have didn't have the SFS-- I'm dumb.
There's another 1/144 kit that appears to be older and is on Robot4Less for really cheap, but I have no earthly clue if that has the SFS.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Amphibious monoeye = best MS designs

Alternatively, if it's blue (see Zudah and Gouf)

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Now they just need to make models for the other Jaburo Infiltration MSes. I want my Agguguy dammit.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Zudah's amazing, best poo poo to come out of Igloo. :allears:

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
So Bandai's putting out a set of the HGUC G-Defensor and Flying Armor as accessories for the new RG Mk-II. I'm probably the biggest fan of the Super Gundam you're likely to find, so this is very appealing to me, but what I really want to know is if the HGUC G-Defensor is as well-articulated as the MG-- and I can't seem to find that information available anywhere. Does anyone in here know? Or, barring that, can anyone direct me to somewhere I might be able to find that out?

Faltion
Jul 4, 2004

I am an anachronism
How are you guys mixing your Future with flat base? I want a float coat and I am doing 1 parts flat base to 10 parts future but I still feel that the clear coat is making my parts look too light (such as flat black to more of a grey) even with only 2 coats.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Takanago posted:

Now they just need to make models for the other Jaburo Infiltration MSes. I want my Agguguy dammit.
I want my MG Zock. I know it'll be pretty expensive but I want my loving reversible laser kappa tank dammit :colbert:

(:ssh: I know there's an HGUC, I already have one)

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

I am so loving sold on this. MG Blitz Gundam is gonna be awesome

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

this has completely sold me on the Age-2 design.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
That looks quite a bit better than anything in the actual show.

The detail going into these SEED MGs is quite something. Wish they'd put that sort of effort into the line as a whole.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

TaurusOxford posted:

this has completely sold me on the Age-2 design.

I get a very Quanta vibe, and that disturbs me :ohdear:

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
God, I barely make a dent on my backlog and then there's Blitz, AGE-1 (and the variants) and AGE-2 and the RG Strike packs.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Dre2Dee2 posted:

I am so loving sold on this. MG Blitz Gundam is gonna be awesome

I'm glad the blitz gundam is looking as good as it does, It was my one of my favorite seed designs, even though the pilot sucked rear end.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Everytime I think "I'm done with Robot Damashii" THEY PULL ME BACK IN

Of course, it's a web exclusive, heh :eng99:

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Robot Damashii is my current favorite Tamashii Nations line, and that Zaku I Sniper looks great. I might have to watch Tokyo-Hunter and try to snag one myself. Besides, I don't think I could say I'm done with Robot Damashii. I mean, the Nu Gundam comes out next month, and they've got a freakin' Billbine coming out in the near future.

Speaking of exclusives, though, I somehow managed to get my hands on an SH Monsterarts Garuda. It'll be my first Tamashii Nations exclusive item; it better not disappoint. Hopefully in a few days I'll be able to combine it with my Mecha Godzilla and form SUPER MECHA GODZILLA.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Hell yea.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Hell yea.

The Altron doesn't look that great...but who gives a poo poo? Robot Damashii Leos. Holy poo poo. I absolutely have to have them.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Mar 30, 2012

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.
Those Leos are a thing to behold. I might be in love. Too bad they are going to cost an arm and a leg... Luckily, with them being in the Robot Damashii line, they will be built more sturdily than when OZ built them.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

I wouldn't mind a few purple space Leo variants either :allears:

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
MG unicorn banshee arrived today. I'm suprised its not ver ka, but its still very nice. It does not seem to share too many parts with the unicorn. The head arms and feet are pretty different

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Fauxtool posted:

MG unicorn banshee arrived today. I'm suprised its not ver ka, but its still very nice. It does not seem to share too many parts with the unicorn. The head arms and feet are pretty different

That's because the Ver. Ka has a different glow than the animation version. They only sold the Ver. Ka as an online exclusive.

Here's a link to what it looks like in comparison with the regular kit.

Mecha Gojira fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Mar 30, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

It's not a model kit but I'll take what I can get, finally some Leo love!

• Locked thread