Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Great job on the OP :golfclap:

I'm waiting to get my paints before I build MG Heavy Arms. It looks like such an awesome kit I'd feel bad if I didn't take the proper time to make it look really great.

Now if only I had some space to display the drat thing...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Faltion posted:

Playing SD Gundam online and watching Zeta/ZZ recently has opened my eyes to a lot of suits I would love to build, but then I look and they're out of stock everywhere and made like 20 years ago or they've just never been made into a model.
Anyone know how to go about making custom parts? :smith:

I'm telling ya, SD Gundam Online is a big gunpla selling scam! :tinfoil:

Are you playing the english version? IGN Dre2Dee2 if you looking for a bud

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Bimmi posted:

I can pretty much die happy just knowing this exists:

1st Gundam designs are the best designs. Exhibit A

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

I am so loving sold on this. MG Blitz Gundam is gonna be awesome

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

TaurusOxford posted:

this has completely sold me on the Age-2 design.

I get a very Quanta vibe, and that disturbs me :ohdear:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Everytime I think "I'm done with Robot Damashii" THEY PULL ME BACK IN

Of course, it's a web exclusive, heh :eng99:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Hell yea.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

I wouldn't mind a few purple space Leo variants either :allears:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

TaurusOxford posted:

http://i.imgur.com/BmQEe.jpg

So this is something i've been working on for a couple days now. It's still got a shitload of touching up to do even after I get it fully assembled (be gentle on me pro airbrushers), but so far i'm pleased with how the "Heaven Gundam" is turning out so far. I'll post pictures later of what I had to do to get Wing Zero's shoulders to go on God Gundam's arms.

Holy jesus. The best... just got BESTER :stare:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

TaurusOxford posted:

This is getting stupid. I know getting RG Zeta was a stretch, but Christ Bandai, stop milking SEED kits.

Seed is the most popular gundam in Japan for some god forsaken reason, they will never stop milking the poo poo out of it. Why you think it got a PSP Vita exclusive game just recently? :eng99:

EDIT: Has anyone tried using painters tape with gundam markers? I only ask because I'm working on SD King J-Der, and there are some red details I want to paint and I have a gundam marker that's the perfect color. I tested it on some spare sprue, and it's very watery and runny compared to some other markers I've used. I figure I can use painters tape, but I'm worried it might leak underneath. Any ideas?

Dre2Dee2 fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Apr 23, 2012

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Nasgate posted:

The Leo is really one of the best MS designs ever, that thing is beautiful.

Isn't it? It's the closest any grunt has gotten to the greatness of the Zaku design without being a complete derivative. Gladly pre-ordered :allears:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Look at the pics, you see the option set provides an extra head. Maybe that head is articulated? :raise:

Also this might be the first Robot Damashii I army build with :allears:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Soarer posted:

Now I'm gonna start on my Strike Freedom Full Burst one. Unfortunately I already have 2 more kit's I'm looking to get... :suicide:

Ah yes, the growing pile of unfinished kits. The true sign of a gunpla fan :allears:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Well I don't have the right supplies and paints right now to finish the kits exactly the way I wan't them yet, so I can't finish them

Yeah, that's it... :ohdear:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

There is a Jet Scrander, however it is being sold separately :haw:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

My D-Arts Vile from the Megaman X line just arrived from Amazon, they got them in stock earlier this week :dance:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Fauxtool posted:

I build about 3 a month, I just happen to be buying 6 a month

gotta love gunpla math :allears:

I have a backlog of 4 kits - SD King J-der, SD Gernsback, MG Wing Gundam Zero ver Ka, and MG Sword Impulse

Blitz will be added to the lag queue once I get some money burning in my pocket, heh

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Hrm... if you can make a second version, make you can rip some holes into it, drag it into some dirt, get some dust, give it some wear. Would look awesome.

Speaking of customs, this dude made his own Virgo from Gundam Wing. It looks pretty great all things considered :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi7xUn33uOw

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Well obviously he can't get rid of them, otherwise he will have to face his secondary hoarding item - giant plastic bins :v:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

TaurusOxford posted:

Prototype Nu Gundam ver Ka image:

Apparently the article mentions a LED. I guess we're getting a light up head.

Also, don't knock that Gundam Breaker game. I saw RX-78-2 with Deathscythe's Beam scythe and 00 Gundam with Wing Zero's wings, which makes me happy for the potential to make crazy rear end mobile suits. :)

Hrm... maybe. With previous MGs the lights were always mailaway Japan exclusives :(

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

SRC is now the best line ever :stare:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

TaurusOxford posted:

MG Aegis boxart:

Man the box arts lately are loving kick rear end. They are making me buy more things :cry:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Nice! You basically did what I exactly plan to do with my unbuilt Heavy Arms... but you know, :effort:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

MG42 posted:

:doh:
Man I'm blind.

I'm really starting to like how this kit is going to look. I really want this one.

That's an MG, not an RG, right?

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

drat, I really want more Robot Tamashii Leos. It is the poo poo. I just wanna army build with em, make a little squadron all kitted out with weapons from the optional set. :3:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

MASTERGRADE TALGEESE :bubblewoop:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

I thought the head was like a makeshit piece of plasticard... then I noticed the molding on it. :stare:

I've never heard of Frame Arms before, how do they compare to something like a gunpla kit?

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Robo haul for this week. :)

I'm surprised Blitz hasn't sold out by this point. Daizyujin's box is god-like, no pun intended

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Rei_ posted:

It's really, REALLY cool. It's my, what, fourth SRC? It's up there with GaoGaiGar.

Yeah, I'm loving the SRC line. I got MagiKing, Dekaranger Robo, Big Volfogg, GaoGaiGar, and now Daizyujin.

Honestly I was a little wary of this line when it was first announced, but the characters they are putting out and the quality are loving awesome. :)

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

MGs are the new PGs. RGs are the new MGs. Bandai is downsizing their huge epic toys (SoC and PGs) for new, smaller, leaner product (SRC and RGs)

So yeah, we'll get one but it'll take a while

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Nasgate posted:

With some more browsing I also see a Magiking and Deka Ranger Robo(with Super Robot Handcuffs!!!)

Deka Wappa :allears:

They are glorious and you should get them (Along with GaoGaiGar and Big Volfogg)

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Mecha Gojira posted:

I think I just heard half the thread's wallets explode (Robot Damashii).

HRRRRNnnggghHH

They are going to destroy us with bullshit accessory kits you have to buy seperately, I JUST KNOW IT

... pre-ordering so hard though :cripes:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Yup, he's getting a robot damashii toy :)

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh god, there's a Revoltech Tachikoma coming in December :swoon: (The season 1 version, if anyone's curious. It's on HLJ as a preorder). Someone talk me out of it.

It has magnetic feet so it can stick to stuff :)

Oh you said talk you OUT of it, oops sorry dude

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

So this is basically Bandai 90% abandoning MG at this point, right? :sigh:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Hrm... looks like I might need to repaint that yellow trim black

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

gently caress off, give me my Shuffle Alliance MGs :colbert:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

The damashii Zaku is so loving great. I hope they keep putting out Wing grunts because Leo is awesome too.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Hey, isn't that new DX Mazinger Z coming out soon? I wonder how big the box for it will b-

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

I think it just means they want to have a representative suit from everything Gundam thing ever, heh.

Also, I accidentally ordered the same kit twice. I now have two SD ChoRyuJins coming in the mail. :cripes:

Would anyone be interested in buying it, or maybe trading an unfinished kit for it?

• Locked thread