Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

Captain Invictus posted:

How many Gunbuster models have actually bothered to incorporate Folding Arm Technology so that it doesn't look completely retarded when striking its iconic pose?

only one figure comes to mind and thats the old Kaiyodo one. And it does so by making the pose arms being a part swap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

Colon Semicolon posted:

I was under the impression that the old SOC of Gunbuster had shoulder joints that allowed for 'the pose'.

You still needed to cheat by removing the panels on the arms. As awesome as the SOC is, it cannot escape the fact that its chest and arms are too thick to cross. At best you'll get "arms on top of each other" but not quite even then.

Yosuke fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Sep 28, 2012

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

John Carstairs posted:

Put the Mellow Yellow in the neck hole and claim it's a cup holder. Plausible deniability, man.

I've seen someone mod the fuel tanks into water bottles that still attach and stuff. Go all the way...!

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel
No Grade 1/100s however tend to be cheaper than that due to the lack of engineering and such. They're kinda just...big HGs but not quite?

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel
Presenting: Hi-Nu Ver. Ka!

I haven't finished the funnels and do need to clean up a few more parts, but this is my first time painting a kit. Took about...two weeks due to random delays but I had fun...!

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

TARDISman posted:

That's a drat fine paint job, one of the only complaints a friend of mine has with the Hi Nu is the color. More importantly, why is poor Mazinger faceplanting in the background?

He fell over before I took the photo. Was moving some stuff around since crappy light and my workstation for building was a foldable table. He's back on his feet now though :). And it's actually the original Mazinger Z release, I don't own the Shin version.

And yeah, I didn't mind the Hi-Nu's original color scheme but...I really like the original Nu's more.

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel
I'm...going to blame phone photo + not really lit that well. They really are blue, haha.

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

Mecha Gojira posted:

The original did. The Shin Mazinger Z did not, though.

Though not sure why you'd opt for the jet-scrander over the GOD SCRANDER. I'm just going to assume it's just a lighting thing. It's a pretty dark blue on the legs and arms.

My poor original SRC Mazinger can barely stand anymore. I'm impressed it holds its pose so well still.

Yeah, that's kind of why mine fell over. Bit by bit he's been kind of trying to do the Smooth Criminal lean, and he just gave out. And as for why I have the Jet Scrander, well, this is the first release with the derpy foam rock. And at the time of Shin's announcement, I didn't have the funds.

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

Finally done! Probably...not going to touch this for a long time now! But I feel as if the end result was worth it!

Yosuke fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Oct 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel
After the Hi-Nu in Nu Colors project, decided to go back and do something simple.

This build went by a lot quicker. Also for the hell of it, I painted the parts revealed for Super Mode in gold so they pop better. I think the result worked.

• Locked thread