Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
I'm going to be holding a Gunpla-building event for my school's anime club again.

Last week I ordered almost nine-hundred dollars of models, for thirty-five people. The first time I held this event, back in October, I pretty much only ordered High Grades (with the sole exception of an MG Ball), but this time there's a good amount of interest in MGs and other more expensive/complicated things. This time I'd say only about half of the costs are covered by my school, but only because some people are requesting and paying extra for more expensive models.

Oh and a friend and I are considering getting Perfect Grades with our own money to start building at the event. Big thanks to whoever pointed out in the last thread that Amazon has a decent selection of Gunplas which are eligible for prime shipping, because I could only find the PG GP-01 Fb at HLJ with $100+ shipping, and even backordered.

I will post pictures when the Gundams arrive, and after the event happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
The Gunpla event I'm running for my college is this weekend, and I just got a shitton of model kits shipped to me in preparation. The Perfect Grades are actually something my friend and I have been wanting to get for a while, and aren't technically related to the event.

Even had trouble getting them all on camera. I should have taken the pictures in a bigger room.

The ones I got from Hobbywave (most of them) even came in a neato Bandai PG 00 Raiser shipping box.

Also, big thanks to whoever pointed out that Amazon has a decent Gunpla selection. I've been looking for a PG GP-01 for a while, and otherwise I could only find it backordered and with $80-100 shipping from Japan. Thanks to Amazon I was able to instead get miraculous 2-day Amazon Prime shipping. :)

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
I'll make sure to do that. Though, I would not be able to outdo dalong's many Patlabor kit reviews.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Now they just need to make models for the other Jaburo Infiltration MSes. I want my Agguguy dammit.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
That middle one looks like a zogok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
HobbyWave is my definite favorite, though that's because when I shop these days I am buying ~35 kits for Anime Club events. Flat rate shipping definitely is a nice thing! The prices in general at HobbyWave aren't bad either.

It's a huge hassle, though, that hobbywave.com and https://www.hobbywave.com have different shopping cart cookies. I have been thrown off by that so many times.

• Locked thread