Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

Zeether posted:

Eh, that's fine with me. The main reason I'd want it is minimal "parts leprosy" for the super mode and having the leg flaps fold out instead of taking them off and trying to get them into a better position is good enough. Also, I'm probably going to have to look into getting some gold Gundam Markers so I can paint the "shining" parts.

It doesn't have the Shining Finger Sword, though :(

Can you confirm that what you got was the HGFC Shining? Because I was thinking of getting one myself, and the link here http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Shining-Gundam-Future-Century/dp/B0052PEUFE/ref=pd_sim_t_1 specifically mentions the Shining Finger Sword and has it in the pictures too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

Zeether posted:

Yup, that's the HGFC version I have. The MG version does not have the Shining Finger Sword from what I saw on dalong.net.

Oh, that's what you meant. I thought you meant the one you have didn't have the SFS-- I'm dumb.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
So Bandai's putting out a set of the HGUC G-Defensor and Flying Armor as accessories for the new RG Mk-II. I'm probably the biggest fan of the Super Gundam you're likely to find, so this is very appealing to me, but what I really want to know is if the HGUC G-Defensor is as well-articulated as the MG-- and I can't seem to find that information available anywhere. Does anyone in here know? Or, barring that, can anyone direct me to somewhere I might be able to find that out?

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

Morgenthau posted:

All they need now is the Byarlant and Baund doc to finish off the wierd Titans mech collection.

I don't think there's a Barzam, is there?

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

Reiterpallasch posted:

So I just started building my first kit (I helped a friend put together a HG ReZel a while ago) and I had the misfortune to choose the HGUC Qubeley. It's one of my favorite suits but holy poo poo the little red vent stickers went everywhere and stuck to everything except where they were supposed to go.

Anyway, I'll probably build at least one more HG kit before trying anything fancier/more expensive involving paint or higher grades. Anyone have experience with the HGUC Nu HWS? It looks pretty rad.

Oh hey, the Nu HWS was my most recent kit. It is pretty great, and I didn't have any problems with anything except for accidentally losing one of the sticker sheets because I'm dumb and it got stuck to the manual. Besides that, really great kit.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

Is there any specific Gundams you would want to buy a MG for? We could tell you which ones are worth your money or not.

How's the Gelgoog Cannon/Johnny Ridden Type and how's the Ez-8?

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

ActionZero posted:

I really want to get a Destiny kit sometime soon, but it's likely I'll ignore that RG and get the MG Extreme Blast because BEAM EFFECT PARTS EVERYWHERE. (I am a massive whore for those Wings of Light)

I've always been a big fan of the Destiny because of the Palma Fiocina, personally. The Extreme Blast has on my list of gunpla to pick up if I ever get a better-paying job for a while now.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

Ignimbrite posted:

For a no-grade, Astray Gold Frame Amatsu is a goddamn amazing model. Better than quite a few MG kits.

e: Someone said they wanted a HG Full Armour Unicorn. Your wish is granted: http://gundamguy.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/hguc-1144-full-armor-unicorn-gundam.html

I hope they make a Destroy Mode version of this suit. I vastly prefer the green psychoframe to the red.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

I've kind of got my eye on the V gundams. I imagine I'd need to buy that weapons pack I've seen floating around first, but it looks hilarious.

EDIT: I guess the Strike Freedom or the Full Armor Unicorn are also options, but I think both of them look super ugly so :geno:.

That's a surprisingly good-looking V2. There's no MG of it, is there? Does anyone happen to know which kit that is?

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
There's exactly one RX-78 I want and it's the G-Armor Real Type Color version. Too bad it's so prohibitively expensive.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

I'm currently building MG ZZ now, and you aren't kidding about this thing being a relic. I'm building this right after my MG Nu ver ka, and it feels like i've gone from building a PG to a 1/100 NG build.

Wait, was he talking about the MG ZZ, the MG Full Armor ZZ, or the MG FAZZ?

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

Aren't they all basically the same kit? I'm assuming "Full Armor ZZ" refers to Judau's suit while "FAZZ" refers to the Gundam Sentinel version, but aren't both kits just the original MG ZZ Gundam with new armor pieces and a new gun?

If the kit is accurate to canon, the Full Armor pieces on the FAZZ are part of the body and not extra armor, and thus it can't transform.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

Well that's pretty drat depressing. I probably wouldn't have bought it anyway since I'm really wary of all those older kits, but the FAZZ is one of my favorite suits (and not the ZZ or Full Armor).

Fauxtool posted:

its so fat and sad looking. It must be one of those suits for space combat only

It was never really supposed to see combat in the first place-- it was just a test for the Full Armor parts for the ZZ.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Is there a list somewhere of pre-2003 Master Grades that aren't exceedingly terrible? Many of my favorite UC suits came out before that but I've heard so many horror stories about old MGs that I've been pretty wary.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

muike posted:

I wouldn't be too worried about it, depending on what you want, it's either a good kit in its own right, or it has a 2.0 version.

I'm mostly interested in the Alex, the Kampfer, the Ez8, the GP-02, the Super Gundam, the Gelgoog Cannon, all the Zeta Pluses, the God Gundam and both Superiour Gundams. Post 2003, about the only stuff I'm interested in is stuff I know is supposed to be terrible like F91, Crossbone and Victory, or exceedingly expensive like the Destiny Extreme Blast and G-Armor Real Color.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
How does the original Mk-II from the Super Gundam compare with the 2.0?

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

muike posted:

The 2.0 is definitely better and is compatible with the super armor.

That's not really what I meant... I'd prefer to not have to essentially buy the same kit twice, if I can help it.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
I don't suppose I could interest anyone in here the Mk-II part of a Super Gundam kit? Obviously unbuilt, and at a discount. Shipping would probably be cheaper too.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

Sure you don't want to keep it? A spare model you don't care that much about seems ideal for practicing lining/painting/weathering/whatever.

I'm already good enough at panel lining, and painting/weathering doesn't interest me one bit. Besides, I just can't afford to buy the same kit twice without recouping at least a little money.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

Hmmm...i've had no problems with GGInfinite yet, but thanks for the heads up. Just curious, what's a good alternative Gunpla site for a North American just in case GGI gently caress me over as well?

I've never had any complaints ordering from Amazon. They almost always have the cheapest prices, too.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

I recently noticed that dalong had a segment for Kotobukiya kits, and checked it out.

What the hell happened to the SRX's head? :stare:

I think it's just leaning back a bit and so the head is kind of obscured. I don't know why it looks like it doesn't have any eyes, though.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
I've gotta have that Red Frame, especially since I can't stand the Red Frame Kai. What are my options for getting online exclusive in the US without the price getting too jacked up? I seem to remember being interested in one of the online exclusive RGs before (the Strike Gundam with the bazooka/knives and no Aile Pack, I think) but the only place I could find it jacked it up to like 50 bucks which is ridiculous for an RG. Hopefully if I look into it before it actually comes out I'll be able to get it for cheaper.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

holy poo poo it's October do you know what that means?[/i]

:swoon:

As someone whose favorite Gundam series is X, that HGAW Double X makes me very very nervous. I really really like the reflective sticker they used on the regular X but I haven't seen anything like that in any of the pictures I've seen of the Double X. I'm holding off on getting excited for it until I can find out for sure whether they gave the DX reflective stickers or not-- if not I'll probably end up passing on it.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Why's there an Endless Waltz tag on the box? Isn't that the TV version?

I wish.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

Cause there's currently a Gundam Wing manga running called Glory of the Losers, which is basically the anime except it's using the mobile suit designs from Endless Waltz. The idea is that they wanted to retcon TV Wing Zero into the EW universe, but not overwrite Wing Zero EW itself. The result is making TV Wing Zero the prototype for EW Wing Zero, hence Proto Zero.

This isn't exactly right. The MG they're selling is another Katoki redesign. It's definitely based on the original TV Wing Zero, but it's also different enough to make me lose interest.

Huh, I hadn't seen these pictures of it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, though I can't really afford to preorder it right now anyway.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
I don't have PMs, but I'd be interested in hearing how much you want for the Kshatriya, the Juaggu, the Stark Jegan, and/or the Jagd Doga (probably only one of those since money's a little tight right now). You can mail me at removed

Son Ryo fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Oct 7, 2013

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

Fauxtool posted:

what is the difference between that red frame and the mg that already exists?

It's got the red frame's proper backpack instead of that tactical arms crap.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What's the quality of the RG RX-78-2 like? Been reading The Origin and I'm considering getting one.

You might just wanna wait until Origin airs on TV, because when it does they're probably gonna release kits with all the redesigns and stuff. I'm honestly not a huge fan of the original Gundam but I really like its redesigned version in Origin, I can't wait to get a kit of it.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

Thank Christ that Wing Zero is finally getting a HGAC kit in Spring - i'll finally be able to make Wing Raiser Zero and make a fusion of two Gundams everyone except me hates. :v:

Monaghan posted:

I always thought that a ton of people liked the wing zero (including myself).

Kitfox88 posted:

I just can't stand the feather wings. v:shobon:v

I think we're talking about the REAL Wing Zero, not the Wing Zero Custom. I've heard of a lot more people hating the latter than the former, and I don't think the Custom is the one that's going to get the HG kit.

I still wish it'd get a proper MG though. I am just not a fan of Katoki and his straight lines.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

Hell, I don't even think there's a HGUC of the Kapool, just a crappy no-grade from 1999 and a Robot Damashii that goes for like $100 and is more than I'm willing to pay.

Speaking of ZZ mobile suits that need HGUCs, I'd kill for a Zssa. I really like that yellow hunk of missiles for some reason.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

S-Alpha posted:

Back in my day, you had head mounted gatling guns, two sabers/lances, one rifle, one shield, a rocket-propelled flail Gundam Hammer, G-Fighter, mid-season electromagnetic joint upgrade, and your support artillery. and you liked it!

Don't forget about the bazookas and Hyper Napalm, either (unless that was what you meant by support artillery, but I assumed that was referring the other V-project mechs).

E: Excuse me, 'Super Napalm'. Too many drat things in Gundam are Hyper, not least the Gundam X Maoh's version of the Satellite Cannon-- it's weaker than the original so it still confuses me why he slapped 'hyper' onto the name.

Son Ryo fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Feb 7, 2014

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

After about an hour of sanding down some thruster effect parts to get them to fit snugly in my HG Nu, you have no idea how silly I felt when I realized I could have just shoved some adhesive putty into the thrusters and stabbed the effect parts into it.

Anyways these things are pretty cool. I'll need to get another pack someday to get the last two thrusters on the backpack and the ones on the feet. Hell if I know what I'll do with the beam effect parts though, the four I got from this one already went on my Unicorn.

EDIT: And I guess I could get another ten packs to fit onto my Sazab- ahahaha gently caress that.

What product name do I search to find effect parts? Some quick searching didn't come up with anything and I'd really love to have some.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Say, what kind of glue would I be looking for if I wanted to glue stickers down? I have this annoying sticker that wraps around a gun barrel that refuses to stay down.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

Faltion posted:

The thing about a HGUC Neo Zeong compared to the Dendrobium is that it wont have the spring loaded missile tubes and the extra Gundam GP-03, so I'm thinking they're just going to mold a lot of large pieces, like the fuel canisters for example, they'll probably not be too much bigger than the ones that come on the MG FA Unicorn. All the other parts too could be pretty hollow. It's going to be massive, but probably not nearly as expensive as the Dendrobium Stamen.

Doesn't it have the Sinanju inside it, though? Or was that just a joke?

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

I assume you mean Wing ver. Ka? I can't see anything from TV Wing ever getting a RG kit.

What makes you say that? Are the TV designs somehow unsuited for RGs, or has the ver. Ka Wing MG just sold a lot more than the TV version, or...?

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

ManSeriesBrofist posted:

So uh, there anyway to unfuck this up or am I ordering a new face.
http://imgur.com/dLKOVrC

Yeah, I think battle damage is about your only option.

e: Wait, is that cracked or did you just slip with the pen? If it's just ink it should wipe right off.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Um. What the heck are you using that doesn't just wipe right off?

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
F91, since hopefully V-Dash will also be an upcoming thing.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

S-Alpha posted:

I'm still holding out hope for an MG Fenice, so I can buy two and kitbash them together. :getin:

Also, maybe it's just me, but I really hate the After War MG hands. On all three of the ones I have, the fingers keep falling out of the hand, which gets tedious after a while, especially if you like to change things up.

I think at least one person here is confused because the only After War MG is the Gundam X. Do you mean After Colony (Wing)?

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Wait, what's wrong with the HGUC F91? I don't remember hearing anything bad about it, I was planning to get it soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Considering it's 1/3 the price and you get to enjoy actually building it, I think I'll probably go with the HGUC.

• Locked thread