Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
I've got a Zaku 2.0. It's pretty manageable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

Ledenko posted:

I'm getting the feeling I won't be getting a replacement antenna for the RX-78-2 Evolve 15. So I'm gonna do something stupid. I'll be getting Grey Stuff (edit: actually it's something else) epoxy and will attempt to make a replacement piece sans spiky antennae. I'm not a fan of those anyway. Wish me luck!

Will one of these not work?

Edit: Eh, didn't read all the way to the end of your post. Good luck, dude.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

PoptartsNinja posted:

I really don't want to spend more than $20 for anything from Gundam AGE.

Those poor models did nothing to you. (I skipped AGE entirely, but just ordered an Adele for a kit-bashing experiment.)

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
Machine guns, maybe? That's all I got...

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

Just in case it wasn't clear, she isn't joking about this one:

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

Fauxtool posted:

AGE kits are special or those arent figmas. The other option is that they dont actually fit and its extremely loose in the picture I just tested several figmas and HG and the joints do not match. Nendoroids and HGs are close enough.

Not owning a single Figma, I haven't tried it myself, but I guess it must be the first option:

That Sign posted:

For some reason, recently, these products have been selling as a set!!
Figma Madoka Kaname & HG Gundam Age-1 Titus

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
Put the Mellow Yellow in the neck hole and claim it's a cup holder. Plausible deniability, man.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

Koopa Kid posted:

I decided I'd like to try lighting up my MG 3.0, took a trip to the hardware store and spent $4 on this:

Now I just need to actually build the kit...

You're adding a tiny blue box to a Gundam model? You know what needs to be done:

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
Maybe if it had been the Sinanju. :v:

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
Bandai-Hobby.net and Amazon.co.jp both say the 11th. ...pretty much everyone else just says "October" though.

Edit: Actually, that's what it says in the corner of this image too:

"¥1512, planned release Oct. 11"

John Carstairs fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Sep 29, 2014

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
If it's anything like the standard Zaku 2.0 I'm currently working on, the most difficult part will be those goddamn tubes. I actually broke a fingernail trying to slide some of the rings onto the flexible rubber bit...

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
There's these.

...although I'm not entirely sure where some of them are supposed to go.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
Because it has two faces!

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
The best part is that this plan could still cost you less than a single Master Grade. :v:

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

Pyronic posted:

I want to see people buying dozens of mocks and just making stupid clones of iconic kits but in mock form.

Like give one a zaku shoulder shield, the commander antenna and paint it Char red.

or give another the V-fin, trim, and fin funnels from a Nu Gundam.

Their forearm guard thingies are tempting me to just paint one solid gold. Back off, assholes. This knockoff just reached a serene state of mind.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Looking at it, I'm curious to see if those end pieces on the shoulders have a polycap or at least a peg slot behind them. The wrist guards definitely look like they're hiding a tab to slot stuff into, along with the tiny hip guards on the waist. The black inset pieces on the shins might too, if they're actual pieces and not just paint (the Build Burning Gundam does the same thing). There's almost definitely going to be the usual twin peg slots behind the backpack, so if all that aligns it's going to be quite the customizable Mock.

The text in the images I've seen does say it has 3mm holes in its "various parts" for customization, but doesn't specify exactly which parts those are. I had kind of assumed until further confirmation those black bits were in fact covers for them as well.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

muike posted:

i'm more interested in seeing what schizophonic does with his grimoire:

I'm surprised at all the customs already out. :v:

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
I feel like I'm doing it wrong. I've only got one kit waiting to be built, which arrived today, and it's only waiting because some of the supplies won't get here until the weekend. :v:

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

Tenzarin posted:

I have the tamiya ones, they can sand really loving good.

Same here. They can also be used as saws. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
Yeah, dude. Well over a decade ago, I went straight from a couple of the old Wing kits to a PG Mk II. It turned out just fine until it fell off that shelf. :v:

• Locked thread