Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I'll probably finally get around to trying my hand at painting kits and I have a quick question. After priming the parts how long should I wait before paint can be applied?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

vkeios posted:

Looks like you can remove the top part of the torso which the regular head is a part of, and there's a replacement piece and head. So you can choose whether you want looks or articulation.

..I'm really hoping thats not part of the option set. I'm not army building optional packs no matter how much head turning they include.

Obviously its part of the option pack. Amiami has it up for pre order and you can see all the stuff included.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ah yes the struggle to find a good work area. The second biggest challenge to building model kits, right after laziness.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

TaurusOxford posted:

Wait, that's a Zeta-era suit? That looks like something out of 00.

Uh yeah. It looks different enough from the line art that I can only imagine that it used pieces of kits from 00.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

TaurusOxford posted:

Or the One Year War version, which is superior. :colbert:

Do keep in mind that the quoted opinion is only held by people with terrible taste.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ahahaha oh man that is, that's going to be something. If that thing transforms I am sure every joint in it is going to break when you try to do it.

Lostconfused fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 9, 2012

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Mecha Gojira posted:

but I have had no problems with my Real Grade Char's Zaku II, and that was, what, the second release period

Well that was just a down scaled MG Zaku II.

The most recent Zeta master grade has less articulation and is stiffer than other MG kits and at the same time it's incredibly flimsy when you try to transform it.

I more worried about Zeta's design than the overall quality of the RG line. Anaheim Electronics desperately trying to make a mass produced Zeta variant is an analogue for Bandai trying to figure out how they are going to turn Zeta into a profitable model kit.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

So what? It's just a 1/100 scale real grade RX-78-2?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The hell?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

TaurusOxford posted:

Oh don't get me wrong. After AGE, i'm enjoying the intentional goofiness. I'm just baffled at the logic behind gimping Wing Gundam's flight performance and then giving him a chariot.

They thought Zeus Gundam like the rest of G Gundam was just a tad too racist. So they decided to kitbash Wing designs to fill that role.

• Locked thread