Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HairSlut
Nov 29, 2011

Anyone else excited for Delta Kai? I love me some Delta gundam variations, a shame the shield is almost as large as the suit itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HairSlut
Nov 29, 2011

gonna build this today, worried about messing it up

HairSlut
Nov 29, 2011

peeNamaste posted:

This is my new favorite thread.

I used to build Gunpla about 10 years ago, but for whatever reason, when I started highschool I decided to just throw out my relatively large collection of models. I guess I thought it was too nerdy. One of my friends just got me back into it, since her boss just got her back into it.

I ordered this Maxter yesterday because maxter is the best, but I just realized it doesn't say model anywhere in the description. Did I gently caress up and buy a toy instead of a gunpla?

Looks like a model kit, they have only 3 colors and may or may not have stickers. They had good articulation for the time, but you should pick up an F91 or one of the newest kits and see how far bandai have come, its very impressive.

HairSlut
Nov 29, 2011

The HGUC Sinanju relies heavily on annoying stickers that dont stay on very well,but otherwise is a solid kit, stay away from the RG freedom, RG are already hard to assemble and all those wings cant help, i would recommend something like the HG Age 1 http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Hobby-Gundam-AGE-1-Normal/dp/B0058KSCU2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406656754&sr=8-1&keywords=hg+age+1+normal or HG 00 with all the things http://www.amazon.com/Gundam-00-Raiser-Sword-Scale/dp/B002NE792I/ref=pd_sim_t_27?ie=UTF8&refRID=01D49PBD0H2Z63D23PB9, but if you want it go for it, i personally didnt like the HG sinanju simply because of the stickers, the actual construction is very good, same as almost all of the newer High Grade kits. Or be the cool guy and buy 5 of http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Hobby-...ds=HG+twin+ball :allears:

HairSlut
Nov 29, 2011

Beam spray gun finally getting some love! Shame the RG zeta has the waist issues otherwise i would get one, gonna stick a lot of those spray guns on something, then maybe stuff my dendrobium full of them as well, instead of missiles it just drops spray guns everywhere, is this a bad idea?

HairSlut
Nov 29, 2011

Mecha Gojira posted:

They'd probably all need new molds. The Cardigan could get away with being based on the RGM-79C GM Kai kit, but that Master Grade kit is twelve years old at this point. The Lightning Gundam, which is based on the ReGZ, would have to be built around a mold from 2001.

A ReGZ 2.0 wouldn't be unwelcome either, though. For a minute there I forgot that suit even had a Master Grade.

Or they could just cheap out on us and actually build them around said old molds. The HGUC Quebeley is honest to god 15 years old now and they remolded it for the BF line.

i heard somewhere lightning is using an entirely new mold, you can compare both
http://chubbybots.wordpress.com/2011/05/31/hguc-regz-completed/
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2014/07/hg-1144-lightning-gundam-new-images.html

you can see all the joints are completely different, so its safe to say its a new mold, and Powered GM Guardian seems to be using the HG powered gm with different armor and possibly backpack. In its defense the GM Kai is an excellent mold for being 8 years old, and the build Mk2 and Qubeley Papillon using the old molds is a shame, i would love a redone HG Mk2 since the RG feels like it will break if i handle it too much.

HairSlut
Nov 29, 2011

Wow i did not realize how :goonsay: my post here and the gundam thread were, but i have to use all this gundam knowledge somewhere!

HairSlut
Nov 29, 2011

ActionZero posted:

We need to stage an intervention for you guys.

How about an armed intervention? :v:

HairSlut
Nov 29, 2011

I'm thinking the PG unicorn has a clear psychoframe and the LED's are what the color will come from, and the third mode will either be alternate setting for awakened mode or (god forbid) a second LED set for that.

HairSlut
Nov 29, 2011

DamnGlitch posted:

I am frankly disgusted we are getting PG unicorn before MG Kshatriya :colbert:

I demand a PG Dendrobium with spring loaded weapon pods :colbert:

HairSlut
Nov 29, 2011

My love for Gunpla is burning hot!

like 6 beam cannons, sorry for lovely phone capture

HairSlut
Nov 29, 2011

Suzaku posted:

Hmm.. It looks kind of like they're recycling the ancient HGUC kit for this one. Hopefully I'm wrong about that.

I like that little jet transport thing, though. So that's cool.

looks like bandai is going to use the delta gundams frame, with obvious changes on some parts and colors, but it has the exact same wings with addons to where the rifle would be stored and the elbow joints and rifle are the same.

EDIT: sorry didnt know about timg

HairSlut fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Oct 23, 2014

HairSlut
Nov 29, 2011

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Still seriously contemplating dropping the cash on half a dozen Mocks and building a tiny army of mediocrity. Awesome.

fixed that for you :v:

im going to buy so many mocks and mock weapons i could field an army

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HairSlut
Nov 29, 2011

Literally The Worst posted:

I broke down and got Prime. I'm hosed.

R.I.P. in a fully customizable plastic coffin, with additional compartment holds and back booster shipped via prime.

• Locked thread