Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AstraLunaSol
Mar 6, 2013
Hi guys, so I've recently gotten into gunpla because my friend told me to watch Gurren Lagann and Build Fighters, and I gotta say, I was hooked.
First kit was the RG GP01, and unfortunately I made a bunch of mistakes.

All those hairline fractures were because I tried to panel line with too strong of a thinner when trying the painting method for panel lines. Or was it because I didn't protect the plastic with anything like a top coat?

Next was the RG Exia, I like it a lot but have had a tough time posing him due to his tiny feet unlike the GP01, which had gigantic feet.
Due to the imbalance, one of his beam saber hilt holders broke off when he tipped backwards.

Any tips for fixing something like this? I live in Canada so it's kinda hard to get Tamiya plastic cement to bond plastic parts together, so if people have had experience with other brands, I would gladly appreciate any recommendations.
Other than that, the Exia is a mean machine.

I'm super excited for the HGUC Unicorn and Sinanju I just ordered, hopefully I don't screw them up or break anything on them!
Oh, and are there any top coat alternatives you guys would recommend? I can't get access to Mr. Top Coat by shipping, so I've been looking for common brands found in Canada.

AstraLunaSol fucked around with this message at 23:55 on May 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AstraLunaSol
Mar 6, 2013

muike posted:

so the clips that hold the rg exia's shoulderpads to it seems kinda crappy. one of the ones on my astraea is loose and has stress marks. anyone else have that problem?

I have that problem, in fact my RG GP01's clips broke, so I had to (attempt) to glue the clips back. Pretty sure it's just plastic stress, which means that you shouldn't be taking the shoulders off.

• Locked thread