Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Hell yea.

The Altron doesn't look that great...but who gives a poo poo? Robot Damashii Leos. Holy poo poo. I absolutely have to have them.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Mar 30, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

Some new (to me anyhow) pictures of the RD Leo and Option Set.

Kind of hope the articulation is just as bad as the old MSIA version. It would just feel right. Because I'm dumb.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Apr 26, 2012

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

Just realized the Leo in my last post has its head turned. Now, I was under the impression that the Leo could only turn its torso instead of the head. Going over the pictures again, it doesn't look like the head can move at all. Maybe it's just an extra head included with the Option parts.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

Why are models displayed in such an :effort: fashion at events or toy fairs or whatever? It's like, gently caress it, just stick that poo poo on an action base and make it look like you don't even give a poo poo about how it's displayed.

The RG Zeta reminds me of how I need to pick up the MK-II. I'll probably just get them both at the same time now. If the Zeta doesn't turn out to be a horrible mess, I'd like to see what they'd try after. I suppose they have to be reasonably confident that it isn't poo poo, right? Or else they wouldn't be releasing it. But then again...

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

That's what I was alluding to to. I bought the original MG Zeta at a hobby store over a decade ago. I think I was 11 or 12 then and that poo poo was marked up to $80. I think it was my first Master Grade. It pissed my parents off when they found out how much I spent and it was such a turd that I never bought another 1/100 model. Until I bought the MG Ramba Ral's Zaku I from the same hobby store, six years later. For $75. :ughh:

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

So this picture is from an interview with Yoshikazu Yasuhiko found here. Are those new kits for the Origin release or just resin? The RX-78's joints and hands look like they're from the RG, so it's probably just cover kit. :sigh: There's a bigger picture in the link to the interview (which I can't read anyway since I don't know Japanese).

Astoundingly Ugly Baby fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Sep 1, 2012

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

It's good to see Bandai's on the Ball with RG kits.

:suicide:

Edit: Nevermind. I guess the Rouge was a previous release and the I.W.S.P. is HG.

Well, here's this instead:

Just gonna be a limited release like the Sniper II, most likely.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Oct 14, 2012

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

Goddamnit.

I don't know what RG I wanted Bandai to make next, but I know it wasn't that one.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

Was gonna post a picture of the HGUC Zeong I converted into the Perfect Zeong, but felt like it wasn't good enough to post. Instead, I bring you the last HGUC I built before I got all weird and decided I wasn't allowed to build models unless I'm doing something productive in my life outside of model building. So...like, 6 months ago or something.

Here, take this GP01:

I realized after taking the pictures that there were some painting errors and never took new pictures after fixing them, but I don't really care. I really like how it turned out. I was apprehensive about doing such an old kit, but it seems to have held up well to repeated posing (no pictures, unfortunately). I don't want to say I'm proud of it, but I do really, really like it.

So what next? I'd like to build something else pretty soon. I've developed a tiny backlog of kits and don't know which to build next. I have a MG Wing Gundam (which GSAM gave to me for free when I bought a MG Deathscythe Hell Custom), a MG Epyon and a MG RX-78 Real Type + G-Fighter. There's also a HGUC Hazel Custom that I accidentally won on Ebay, but I think it can wait since I haven't built a Master Grade kit in almost 2 years. What shall it be, Plamo Goons?

Bonus pics of other things I accidentally bought on Ebay:

Can anybody tell me what these are? Besides the obvious. The listing said they were mail-aways from 1990's, but I'm pretty sure they're just Chinese junk since the RX-78 came with a 100mm Machine Gun. Made out of Die Cast metal and they're pretty hefty, though incredibly loose.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

Kind of wanted to do the Epyon as penance for the terrible things I did to the 1/144 I had as a kid. Epyon it is then.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

Isn't the Epyon supposed to be maroon?

:ohdear:

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

Yeah, I kind of painted it that color. I think it'll turn out okay once I start constructing it. And I always thought the Epyon was too dark colored to begin with. How should I go about spraying on a top coat if I decide to do that? While the model has been constructed, but separated into sections or the whole thing at once?

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

Any particular place online I should buy the top coat from?

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

This is fantastic news. The GP01 is probably my favorite Gundam apart from the MK-II. The line has a lot of potential. Would it be too complicated for Bandai to do something like the Victory or the F91? The old Victory kits had an inner-frame, but I don't know if was really necessary or not. I could dig some really obscure mobile suits or kits getting the RG treatment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

It's been a while since I've posted...

I'd like to post this picture I took earlier today:

It's a Real Grade RX-78. If that wasn't immediately obvious. The short story is that I broke the articulated hands during construction and left it in a single pose out of fear of breaking anything else. The whole kit is a fragile mess. I've left it outside since September 2010 and partially exposed to the elements as a sort of project for natural weathering. I'll try to post more pictures later when I can find the time. I liked this one that I took earlier in particular. It's kind of artsy to me, apart from the obvious stickers.

It's survived remarkably well and will take it's place back outside when the weather warms up.

• Locked thread