Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost

RandomFerret posted:

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost

Resplendent Spiral posted:

http://www.typophile.com/node/38927

It's like that one dude who posted that one awesome unicorn font here awhile back that caused my copy of FontExplorer to wither up and die.

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost

Resplendent Spiral posted:

e: Is this the one?
http://www.dafont.com/magical-unicorn.font

Nope. This one had a kajillion nodes per character. Actually, now that I think about it, I had to actually change my view settings to delete it, because Finder would crash tying to render a preview of it.

I can't seem to find a link, though. This is killing me. Where are you, oh magical typographer?

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost

You're in luck!

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost
Yup.

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost
That font is so mid-90s comic books it hurts.

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost

ExtraNoise posted:

It matters in emails. :colbert:

Also for audiences where the majority don't have JS capabilities :colbert:

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost

Readblood posted:

The free way of doing it is by using the program FontForge. It is an ugly program. Difficult to install and use, but will do what you are looking for.

For what it's worth, FontForge is basically the Gimp, but for fonts. Glyphs looks fantastic, and I've heard good things about it—I'm slowly saving for a copy.

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost
lol gimp

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost

lord funk posted:

gently caress you Proxima Nova lower case a. The rest of you is great, and you come along with your bubbly curled up loop and mess everything up.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Sep 2, 2013

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost

lord funk posted:

Oh god help. Just bought Univers Com 57 Condensed and Univers Com 47 Light Condensed, but the leading (?) is completely different between the two of them on iOS and it's foul and ugly. :wtf:

Where did you buy it from? If it's straight from the foundry or their distributor, this is a straight-up customer service issue and you should be able to talk to someone about it.

e: or what toby said hi toby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost

lord funk posted:

Jesssss. As if any other part of making this app wasn't a mild pain-in-the-rear end. Why should changing fonts be any different?

It is tedious, arcane, unnecessarily complicated poo poo like this that really makes me regret my choice of profession sometimes.