Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Donald Trumps handwriting has been made into free font called 'Tiny Hand'

https://www.fastcodesign.com/3064790/donald-trumps-crazy-handwriting-is-now-a-free-font-called-tiny-hand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

melon cat posted:

Here's a font from my "I think I know it but I can't figure it out" file. Any thoughts on which font this is? Very generic-looking, but can't quite ID it.

(it's kind of like when you meet someone and you know you've met them before)

Looks like some variant of Bookman Old Style Bold but thinner

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

If that was a custom font for 'TWIX' I'd be fine with that, but otherwise urghh

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

spider wisdom posted:

Any thoughts on what this nice rounded OCR-adjacent face is? Might work nicely for a project I'm working on.

Also hey! I started working on a typeface of my own a while ago and it's slow but getting somewhere.

Looks a lot like https://www.fontspring.com/fonts/hitype/0arame

but for some reason the image makes it look like it has rounded ends

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Siffl posted:

I need some help locating the font used for this logo:

I can't tell if the distressed lines are artifacts of one too many people live tracing it or its just built into the font. I'm hoping its just live tracing. Thanks!

Some variant of Century New Style

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Skunkrocker posted:

Yo, anyone got a copy of this font?

I specifically am referring to the bigger words in the odd-looking font they're using for the spell names, i.e. 'Voxam', 'Golgatem', 'Obidil', 'Beburtt', etc. This is from the video game Zork: Grand Inquisitor. I thought it came on the disc but after installing three different versions of the game I never could find an OTF or TTF file that contained it. I know it exists, I used to have on my old PC back when this game first came out... in 1997, over twenty years ago. If you open the file up in font viewer rather than seeing the standard pangram "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" you instead get a zork-ified version with fun nonsense words, so AFAIK it wasn't just a fan made creation; someone at Activision created the font for the game and it somehow got distributed online - and I'd imagine purposely so, since this game had a co-op netplay feature for some reason.

I'm really hoping one of you guys are as nuts about weird fonts and P&C adventure games as I am and still have a copy of it because I can't find anywhere.

EDIT: thanks to feedmyleg in the adventure games thread we found it, and somehow he did it using WhatTheFont which has NEVER worked for me before so either I'm total poo poo or he's some kind of master at this.

Anyway, it's not the exact same file as I got back in the day I don't think, but it IS for sure Skreech Caps. $29 seems a little steep for something I know I got for free in 1997 but whatever. I make good money.

I took a quick look into this and it seems the fonts are stored in .ZFS files that the game uses to as asset packages, no idea how to open them, that myfonts font is free here https://www.dafontfree.net/skreech-caps/f21297.htm

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

csammis posted:

Thanks for the tip! It picked out the text just fine but none of the matches it came up with were terribly useful.

This was the first thing I tried (it's Brunswick Billiards) but I got no response from that. They do have a fairly extensive online digitization of their back catalogs but nothing high resolution enough to pick out details.

There would be a select amount of fonts available in that era, might be worth researching that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Peteyfoot posted:

I entreat thee, prithee identify this font, o font-knowers:

Flounder Pro Black Italic