Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

RizieN fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Mar 19, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
e; whoops, double post. Blaming my browser, but I'll turn it into a fonts post;

RizieN fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Mar 19, 2012

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
Holy poo poo that is seriously every single printed document my company imports from China. You must do business with China pretty often...

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
All of the fonts that immediately jumped to mind didn't distinguish Zeros and O's, but I managed to find something suitable, don't know if it's the best for what you want though.

It's called Collator

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
Anybody have any alternatives to the Ralph Steadman (Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas) style font? I'm working with a new band called Filthy Beast, and they like that style, but I don't want to bite that style too hard. I feel it'll detract from their unique sound.

Their whole appeal is this weird desert-rock pulp style grit.

Any ideas?

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

Disreputable Dog posted:

How much type are you setting in that font?
You might be smart just to pick up a bunch of paper and a calligraphy pen + ink, and go to town yourself.

That's my main plan right now, I haven't had too much time to work on it lately though. I'm trying to talk the band into straying away from the Steadman style, I don't think it's a good marketing move at all especially not long term.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
I get so pissed when I look at an email I sent to a co-worker on their PC, and my loving teal papyrus 16pt email shows up as some loving Verdana bullshit. ESPECIALLY when I sign with bright blue comic sans and an animated gif of the CUTEST emoticon!

Or like on MSN when my authentic typewriter font doesn't show up on their PC and only mine... I downloaded these for a reason!

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
I'm digging this Quadon font that was posted on Behance:

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Quadon-Typefamily/7582855

Pretty good introductory pricing deal too.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
Holy poo poo that is the China go-to font. Everything we import from there has that loving font.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
I'd seriously buy a 'fine art print' of yours Jenkins, that's awesome.