Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

Nope, it wasn't Lego of any kind. Lego was always my number one toy (still is actually) and what I'm trying to find definitely isn't Lego. It's bugging me so much and I just can't find anything. It must have been a lot more obscure than I thought.

I know exactly the ones you're talking about - they weren't like lego etc and made out of bricks but out of whole modular components you could put together to make different space vehicles. They had little transparent canopies on the cockpits and there was definitely a drill tank type thing. I have the impression that they weren't based off any show or made by one particular brand and they were fairly cheap. You'd buy a blister pack with a bunch of different bits in it.

e: These things!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/90s-vintage-retro-space-robot-toy-figure-builder-set-/221715931737?pt=UK_Toys_VintageToys_RL&hash=item339f4ca259

spleen merchant has a new favorite as of 14:28 on Apr 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe

Pastry of the Year posted:

I have become weirdly obsessed with figuring this out.

Wheeled Warriors, maybe? Here's a couple of blister packs that sound like your description:

And here's the drill tank:

Haha I actually googled drill tank. It was a popular concept for toys in the 90's apparently.

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

Holy poo poo! That's exactly it. Thank you so much!

Any idea what the name of the toy is? I'd like to get some more info on it

Nah, I spent quite a while trying to find them cause I was curious too. Google found nothing - found those by searching ebay for "90s space toy". If you look closely one of them has "mac" written on it which may have been the brand.

• Locked thread