Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
Going back in the thread I've been reliving all of my childhood. I had gotten the first few seasons of Are You Afraid of the Dark on DVD a while back and I found out a friend of mine hadn't ever seen the show. After watching several episodes all she could say was it was a bit cheesy with me saying "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND AND YOU NEVER WILL. IT STILL FREAKS ME OUT"

I had a huge fear of the deep-end of swimming pools for years because of that Goddamn undead monster that would pull kids under and drown them.

I miss that show. They don't make 'em like they used to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
Got Milk?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLSsswr6z9Y

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

It would do something: smear the graphite all over the paper until it's a big black blob, and then tear a hole in the paper :argh:

God, it's like I'm reliving the 4th grade all over again. I'm pretty sure they stopped manufacturing those pencils in the 70's and they've just been recirculating largely untouched. Like candy corn.

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
Okay I have a request. It's really vague but I'm trying to remember a show that had played. It was on Disney I believe though I can't find it on Wikipedia. Something about a teenager or two who finds a rift in between two power lines/towers. They went to an alternate dimension. I think. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Land of the Lost. Something something a person goes out of the portal and uses magic?

It's very frustrating when all you have are vague recollections.

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

hereyoume posted:

I'm almost positive you're talking about Spellbinder.

Yes! Thank you! Scanned the pilot episode and it's the show I'm thinking of. I don't remember the accents which is why I didn't think to look at Australian shows in the 90's. Thanks again :)

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
Holy poo poo I asked my dad if DZ is still around a few days ago.

I miss that awesome place. 90's was a great time being a kid. :smith:

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

Istari posted:

Have these monstrosities been mentioned yet ?

I remember having one of these and giving it a haircut and thought it would grow back because my kid self was very unfortunate in the intelligent department.

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
Here's a list of 50 things mostly from the 90's. Reminds me of when I was a child.

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
DBZ was the absolute poo poo when I was younger and if you didn't watch it you weren't cool.

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

Iron Crowned posted:

I saw a live taping of it once. I was featured heavily in audience reaction shots, sadly this did not bode well for me in middle school.

People just can't appreciate good taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

davidspackage posted:

I miss demo collections. Installing some unknown game just because the title sounds interesting, or because it's one you haven't tried yet. Finding out you love it. Playing it to death. Then getting the full game, not by ordering it online, but because you go looking for it in a store and happen to find it.

This basically happened with Thief for me. Installed it, loved it, stumbled upon it in the store, and bought it. Still one of my favourite games

• Locked thread