Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Azrael Alexander posted:

Two of my fvorite toys as kid: Gak, and the Bumble Ball, which no one else seems to remember.

I never had Gak as a kid, because my father was some kind of master alchemist and managed to create his own homemade version. The recipe is on the internet now, but this was before the internet had really taken hold so I don't know where my dad found out about this.

What homemade Gak had over regular Gak was that you could make a giant goddamn batch of the stuff if you wanted, I'm talking entire saucepans full, then go to your room and turn your Hot Wheels playset city into a scene from The Blob, then your mom makes you take that game into the living room because your bedroom has carpeting in it.

Memories. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

TVarmy posted:

Now, kids can get the same features on their feature phones and get cool voice distortion apps on their smartphones.:corsair:

Holy hell, my phone can do all that! Makes me wish I had an older sister to irritate.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Ninja Toast! posted:

As for Lunchables, the pizza ones were good, and still around and almost as good. They're slightly smaller than they used to be, and I get one every couple years so I don't think this is just a case of me growing up and misremembering, but I've had a ridiculous need to eat one of these lately

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U87PGVnx1c4 (commercial)

They weren't exactly good...but damned if I didn't like them and want one now that they're discontinued.

All the good Lunchables have long been discontinued. By "good" I mean the batshit insane ones like this...

Even as a kid, I thought these tasted terrible, but I would still ask for them just on novelty alone. I ate some on a cross-country bus ride and ended up coughing up stomach acid in my sleep that night. I'm pretty sure the two weren't related.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Oxidizer posted:

I remember there were these juice drinks that were packaged in thin plastic and shaped like soda bottles. There were a few different brands, but if I recall correctly the cheap brands were just plainly packaged, whereas the "higher end" ones had goofy faces engraved in the bottle. The best variation came with these weird little tablets that you dropped into the bottle and the liquid would change color and I think flavor. I used to envy the kids who'd sit at my table with the color changing ones :(

You're thinking of these wonderful things...

One of my personal favorite bits of unhealthiness as a kid. My parents would always put a six-pack in my stocking for Christmas. It became like a tradition, even after I grew out of begging them for candy. :3:

Also, "100% fruit juice" my rear end. This stuff was pre-made Kool-Aid and they drat well knew it.

EDIT: Well, it wasn't exactly pre-made Kool-Aid. That would be this...

Rocketlex has a new favorite as of 02:02 on Mar 24, 2012

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Avocados posted:

God drat, that interface. Sometimes you really can't go home again, eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

ServoMST3K posted:

Bump in the Night!

If my kids ever ask me to describe the 90s for them, I'm just going to have them watch this show.

• Locked thread