Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owl Island
Jul 25, 2009
gently caress yeah, Nacho and Dog. I totally remember the commercials they were in, but I couldn't for the life of me remember their names. I just knew that at the end of every ad, the Taco Bell "bell ring" noise would play and they'd both yell "DOOONNNNG".

Look, here's a commercial!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_BO-JxscM8

This thread is such a great nostalgia trip so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Island
Jul 25, 2009
Here's something that I bet very few people remember.
Motherfuckin' "Yikes" pencils.
These things were the poo poo when I was a kid. They came in all kinds of patterns and colors, but the ones most popular for me were these:

If I recall correctly, they sharpened poorly and were poo poo to write with, but that funky oversize eraser on the end of it just made up for it all.

They came in packs of four and I remember the picture on the front was a cartoon of some dreadlocked dude, surrounded by cheesy 90's slang stuff ("kickin' erasers blast pencil trash!") in the aforementioned "scribble" writing font.

I just did some searches for them and there's an unopened pack on Ebay going for $50. Holy crap.

Owl Island
Jul 25, 2009
Brain Warp?

Owl Island
Jul 25, 2009

Aziraphale posted:

The TalkBoy?

I blew all my allowance on the SpyGear poo poo.

The SpyGear poo poo was unbelievably cool, even for the 90's. I had the "night vision" goggles, which were actually just blue sunglasses with tiny flashlights on them, this interesting device that allowed you amplify sounds and overhear conversations through walls, and a set of little motion detectors you could hide around your house. When someone walked by the sensors, it would cause an alarm to go off on the little suitcase base that they all came in. That definitely came in handy when I started puberty. :shlick:

I seem to recall there was also an RC car with a tape recorder mounted on top that you could drive into other rooms and record the conversation with the push of a button. I really wish I'd had an older sibling to terrorize with those things. It was basically designed for it.

If I were to have children, I don't think I'd ever buy them toys like that, as much as I loved mine. Way too easy for them to get into all kinds of trouble. My parents were pretty oblivious. I used to use that sound amplifier to listen to all the fights they had in our house, trying to see if it was about something me or my sister had done.

Owl Island
Jul 25, 2009
The summer beach house post reminded me of other seasonal Nick stuff.
Around Christmas time, my sister and I always play this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrWMvxkddOU

• Locked thread