Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

Serious Nickelodeon Question: What was the scariest episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark? If you say anything other than the pool episode or the dollhouse episode, you are empirically wrong.

Maybe it's just me, but I thought it was the one with the ghost old lady. Who became absolutely terrifying when she was mad.

Another important question: What episode of Saved by the Bell was the best looking back? My slightly unreliable memory says it was the dream sequence Zach Attack episode. What I do know is that you can't say it was any episode with that Tori girl in place of Kelly and Jessie. Those episodes didn't exist and you cannot argue with me on this.

But people, please, please post more 90s euro-techno. That is without peer the best genre of music the world has ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!
From what I understand they normally recorded about six episodes of Legends of the Hidden Temple in one day, so those kids would have been sitting in a poorly air-conditioned room eating and drinking stuff that's relatively meager for hours at a time. Add to that that I can't imagine the studio was terribly pleasant to be in either, and that the Shrine of the Silver Monkey came near the end of the entire thing, I can understand why they'd have some trouble getting the goddamn thing to fit right.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!

Athenry posted:

This really hasn't gone away, look at Harry Potter (which started in the 90s, and was set there) and Twilight.

I dunno, I think at this point they've changed, become a bit more... familiar. Harry Potter and Twilight are about supernatural and fantastical things, but we know them and they're totally human entities we're dealing with. Supernatural stuff in the 90's had this enormous air of mystery about it, that there are big questions, just waiting to be answered. You can sort of see it both in what we had then and what we have now.

In 90's supernatural fiction, the supernatural elements werent' human, they were supernatural - a mystery or some nebulous foe, just there to be solved by the end of the episode. These days it's, like I said, more humanised and localised, stuff's generally focusing on one specific type of supernatural being (wizards, vampires, demons, whatever) and they're treated as characters in their own right. The exception's Supernatural, which is mostly still the 'figure out this week's enemy, beat them' style.

I'd say more about the non-fiction paranormal shows, but I only ever watched a Neil Buchanan one that aired here on the Disney Channel near midnight for some reason, It's A Mystery. I'm gonna go ahead and file it in here, because that was a great show, just talking about weird stuff people had reported that wasn't always paranormal, sometimes it was just weird mundane stuff like why you can't tickle yourself. I sort of assume the other non-fiction paranormal shows around that time had a similar style, and it's a style that I think mutated into stuff like Mythbusters we have today.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!
Whenever I think of 90's music, three songs come to my mind. One might be only an Australian/UK thing, but still.

Tal Bachman - She's So HAAAAAAAAAAIY-IIIIAY-AAAAAAAAY!
Travis - Why Does It Always Rain On Me? (I break out into this one embarassingly often)
Goo Goo Dolls - Iris

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!

Lolitas Alright! posted:

Oh God, just reading that got the Cardcaptors song stuck in my head. I had a Sakura doll and a Madison doll that I cherished so very very much. No idea what happened to them now, which is kind of disappointing.

Though, I do remember how shocked I was to find out that Cardcaptors was edited from Cardcaptor Sakura, and I decided to go pick up the manga with my allowance, only to discover everyone was gay.

The only thing I remember from Cardcaptors (being a guy who watched it way too much (Sailor Moon too)) is that the final battle against... what's his name (I want to say Moo or something but I think that's Monster Rancher) was totally unfair. She had to fight him with her cards, but he owned half the cards and there was no indication of which ones. And if she used one of his then it was used against her and probably caused death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!

Detective No. 27 posted:

I was just informed that https://www.amandaplease.com is still up.

I've constantly been intending to check this, but I kept going 'nah, it's a waste of time, that thing went down ages back, Amanda Bynes hasn't even done anything for years'. But wow, it's still there.

So is the Space Jam website.

• Locked thread