Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

"SPERMASTRUCT - Here's your instructions, bitch, with some of the pages glued together!" (I wonder if I've ever managed to buy a second-hand game that didn't come with suspicious hairs.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Coffee And Pie posted:

Along the same lines, I'm always kind of surprised when I see that they still have those magazines that feature a free CD. Seems like they could just include a code to download the content off their website.

That really makes no sense for a print magazine since they are (rather obviously) meant for people who don't like to (or can't) access stuff on the internet.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BRIO trains were really expensive compared to what I got: a BRIO train set knock-off made in the good old USSR, in plastic. It was 100% compatible with BRIO and the "containers" you could load on the train had magnets on top so they could be lifted with a crane or something. There were also a bunch of plastic houses, including a station and it was altogether very nice. For a Russian toy.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I don't know if it's '90s (aired in the nineties here) and it's certainly not cheesy but have some Nick Knatterton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR_X9i9zyBE&t=254s

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Metal Loaf posted:

Got this for Christmas fifteen years ago:

I also had an Action Man PC game. You'd go through each level and he'd periodically declare, "I AM ACTION MAN!"

Stupid sexy Action Man.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Anyone remember those small (I'd like to say about 2-3 centimetres tall but I could be way off) robot-looking thingies that combined to form bigger robots/vehicles/monsters? There were some non-robot-looking bits too like cockpits and wheels I think. Two or three of my friends had them in the mid-eighties but I have no idea what they were called.

E: Oh, sorry, this is the 90s thread but I'll leave this here in case someone knows what the hell I'm talking about.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Benne posted:

For me, it was all about the motherfucking Surge

There were a whole shitload of sodas trying to jump on the Mountain Dew bandwagon, back when Mountain Dew was being marketed to the "XTREME" crowd instead of goony MMO addicts.

I always thought the 'XTREME' marketing was directed mainly at nerds.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

dissss posted:

At my school the two or three kids with Game Gears used them plugged in pretty much exclusively.

One kid at school had an Atari Lynx and he could only play during the 2-5 minutes after recess when we'd be waiting for the teacher since we had to go outside during recess and there were no outlets in the yard. That and its sheer size made it look about as portable as a Kaypro.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Leal posted:

loving hell, I went back and bought one of those for nostalgia sake. Hey I have a job and I can buy whatever candy I want! Mom can't say no! Then I start eating it and think "Oh god why did I ever eat this as a kid it tastes like plastic"

I think you're supposed to squeeze out the contents and just eat that.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mechanical pencil cases with bells and whistles (well, not literally but mine had a pop-up thermometer):

(No that's not the one I had!)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

insufficient guns posted:

What could be more 90s than losing your poo poo over this thing magically appearing at the park/swimming pool?

I bet they kept wondering why there was so little revenue even though everything sold out every day.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

OldTennisCourt posted:

Around when did the "Oh man! Gross stuff!" bandwagon start?

Around the time fire was harnessed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

It's amazing how dated this is despite being barely twenty years old. It truly was the era of lovely techno.

Consider 70s stuff in the 90s, it's the same way.

• Locked thread