Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I do get nostalgic for the 90s sometimes, as it was my coming of age decade. I loved all the poo poo posted in this thread. I experienced so many new things in the 90s. Don't get me wrong, I love my life now, but the 90s had that feeling of unlimited potential. Now the economy has collapsed and nearly everybody is worse off than they were in the 90s, and that optimistic outlook is gone. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Holy Cow posted:

If we're talking about 90s supernatural shows, then don't forget the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-xnvdtuRRo

90s chicks will always be hot to me.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Popcorn posted:

That's deliberate.

David Lynch knows what he's doing.
Yeah, that poo poo was dated in 91.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I don't remember the graphics being so horrible on those 90s games. I thought Dark Forces was so loving awesome when it came out. Descent was fun in small doses, but I got motion sickness after playing too long.

I'm going to be watching some Saved by the Bell tonight on Netflix!

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Ozz81 posted:

drat straight, this show was hilarious at times :hfive:

Plus, Chuck Woolery :allears: dude was awesome and had such a great sense of humor and delivery/timing
Love Connection was 80s though, wasn't it? It seems that a lot of 80s stuff has bled into this thread because of re-runs and syndication.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Nerminator posted:

Love Connection on steroids:

STUDS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByJ-RQbDPaM

My sister and I watched that show after school every day. I'd probably still enjoy it.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Rahonavis posted:

On a completely different note, your avatar reminded me of something that could have only happened in the 1990's: MC Skat Kat!
That album and single came out in the 80s. My sister listened to that poo poo all the time.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

GPTribefan posted:

Psssh - it wasn't REALLY USA Up All Night unless it was hosted by Rhonda Shear...
I could've sworn they co-hosted it for awhile. I watched that poo poo all the time in the early 90s. I also enjoyed the Weird Science show that was on around the same time. I thought Vanessa whatever her name is that played Lisa was sooooooooo hot. She still is.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
Holy poo poo, I had those Hit Stix and didn't remember until I saw that picture. They were kinda cool.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

cyberia posted:

The other day I found the most 90s thing at my local goodwill / op shop: a sticker book!

I scanned it for the amusement of the internet. Here's the first page but you can see the whole thing in this imgur album

Sticker books are earlier than 90s.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

DrBouvenstein posted:

Oh, 90's fashion. :allears:
Jesus, they're all wearing maternity clothes. Anyway, it's funny because growing up in the 90s, we used to think that 80s fashions were so ridiculous, and how our clothing was so much cooler. If anything, 90s fashions are far, FAR worse.

Yes, I had Skidz shorts, Z Cavaricci clothes, Girbaud jeans, etc. What the gently caress.

I do look back fondly to the 90s though, as there was a lot more optimism in the air than there is now. The Soviet Union fell apart, the U.S. won the Gulf War decisively, and my generation was going to make the world a better place! Now I just get depressed when I think about the naivete we all had.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

As I mentioned before, I might as well have been a girl in the 90s because of my obsession with Lisa Frank, Beanie Babies, and the like.

None of the things you posted are specific to the 90s. They had all those pens and stickers and poo poo when I was a kid in the early 80s. The spirograph is from the 60s.

Beanie Babies are 90s as gently caress though. I knew grown adults that bought them as "investments" and seriously expected them to be worth thousands and thousands of dollars. People were nuts over them for awhile, but how were they so blind to the fact that it was nothing but a fad? I worked at McDonald's in the mid-90s, and people would literally order Happy Meals for the beanie baby toy and tell us to keep everything else. This happened ALL THE TIME.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
Troll dolls are from the 60s, but they experienced a surge in the 90s just like a bunch of other 60s fads.

• Locked thread