Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Have these monstrosities been mentioned yet ?

And pencil-toppers in general ?

Also, doodle bears:

E: Oh, and these:

You had to have one with every single one of your friends, so you ended up with a million of the bloody things.

(My friends and I personally had this exact style. Note that the dolphin's snout looks like the beak of a deformed bird.)

Lady Disdain has a new favorite as of 18:14 on Aug 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Someone on twitter just posted:

"You cannot get a more 90s object than a VHS of Rachel and Chandler explaining Windows 95
"

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

Oh man that thing's a classic, the whole thing is on youtube here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khpov8rLa3k

"The world's first CYBER SITCOM!"

Well, I guess I know what I'm doing with the next 29 minutes of my life.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

Oh man that thing's a classic, the whole thing is on youtube here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khpov8rLa3k

"The world's first CYBER SITCOM!"

I watched it, and I'm so glad I did. I spent the whole 29 minutes fluctuating wildly between bemused and slightly euphoric.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

cobalt impurity posted:

In case you weren't aware, that other Conker game became Bad Fur Day after Rare realized what a boring and generic piece of poo poo it was as another family-friendly collect-a-thon. A lot of assets from the overworld and some stages will look familiar if you watch the footage again.

I wish I was as cool as Joystick Johnny. He's a 3D Pinball wizard. :syoon:

He's clearly not that much of a wizard; he was beaten by Jennifer Aniston, and she doesn't even know what a flappy disk is.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

I had these too. I just spent a solid minute staring at the picture, trying to remember what they were supposed to do. I eventually gave up and googled it.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Datasmurf posted:

Oh, man, trampolines were awesome. We only had a small one for one person in the early 90s, then in the late 90s, we bought a big one with our next door neighbours, which lasted us well into the 2000s. I think we ended up giving it away to a friend of one of my sisters last Summer, since we hadn't used it for 4 years, and lots of kids came out of nowhere to use it when we weren't home. More than one hurt themselves badly.

It was great exercise, though.

We had a standard-sized rectangular trampoline with no pads (the things that cover the springs), which my brother and I would jump onto from the roof of our 2-storey house. If you didn't land just the right way, the whiplash was intense. But surprisingly, neither of us ever ended up in hospital as a result.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Coffee And Pie posted:

One of my friends still has a trampoline. I don't care if I'm in college, trampolines are still cool.

You know what's pretty 90s, though? This emoticon :-)

I actually bought myself a trampoline only a few months ago. I'm glad I got it online so I didn't have to deal with the 'why is a 21-year-old university student with no children buying a trampoline ?' questions.
It's really great, although I'm nowhere near as fearless as I was as a kid.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

mobby_6kl posted:

Like this?

We weren't nearly stupid enough to land on our feet.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
I can't remember if this series has been mentioned yet:

My brother and I watched them over and over again as kids.
I watched this one again last night. It held up better than I expected.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

I always wondered why there were two ropes dangling from the bottom of the ski lift in the SKIDZ logo.

E: Also, when I was a kid, bandana shirts were the coolest thing in the world. But I can't find a picture.
They were basically like this, only they were a patchwork of a whole bunch of different bandanas (multiple designs and colours).

Lady Disdain has a new favorite as of 09:15 on Sep 11, 2013

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Croccers posted:

Are you serious or just joking?
(:ssh: It's a car leaving skid marks)

I know that it's supposed to be a car. But it's almost a perfect rectangle. And it looks much more like a ski lift than it does a car.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Roach Warehouse posted:

Does anyone remember Microsoft Dangerous Creatures? That poo poo was my rainy day jam as a child. I learned so much about komodo dragons or whatever.

Yes. This and SimSafari were what I spent most of my computer time doing as a kid.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Gorilla Salad posted:

You didn't lose it, your parents deliberately stole it when you weren't looking.

Only recently did my mother confess to just how many of our toys she 'disappeared' when we were kids. And my dad used to pull the springs out of the battery compartments of noisy toys.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

KERNOD WEL posted:

Traditional business cards not xtreme enough for you? Try Business Pogs!

Oh. My. God. I want these more than I can possibly express.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

I raise you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWlx0F0Pd3w

• Locked thread