Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Found this games sampler for Windows 95, made by Monolith for Microsoft: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcyi7hGqQ48 it's just great. The games alone are a great mix, but the presentation is what really takes the cake. If I had this one disc back in the day, it would never leave cd tray of my Pentium 133mhz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Metal Loaf posted:

If you got the various Lego games (Lego Loco was my favourite) it came with a minifigure as well.

They still do this. The Hobbit and the third Batman Lego game comes with figurine.
I remember wantint Lego Chess so bad, I didn't even like chess, but the presentation was so nice it could interest me into it. And it had tiny little set with Chess King and his throne

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Not really diddl, but collecting various licensed papers and stickers was definitely a thing in 90's

my friend had those things:

and the toys were okay I guess, but what I really liked were those floppy disks with simple games made in shockwave. Of the two he had, one was about turning on the captured alien ship, and the second was uploading a virus or something. Those were really simple, but somehow also really athmospheric and mysterious because my grasp of English was non-existant, and of course I haven't seen the movie being a 6yo or such.
Mars Attacks had something very similar.

• Locked thread