Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Tewratomeh posted:

Johnny Cage, the 90s-est videogame character:

I remember when I was an impressionable (dumb) kid, I entered a videogame magazine's contest to "Win Johnny Cage's Leather Jacket!". As far as I know, Johnny Cage has never worn a jacket in a single Mortal Kombat game.

I think you might be talking about this:

As far as I know it only appeared in his versus picture and in some promo stuff.

On that note, my favorite campy 90's thing were terribly made Mortal Kombat knock offs. If you had some cheap halloween costumes, a green screen, and could come up with some lame fatalities, you had a fighting game. Especially great were the ones that showed up on the third string consoles like the 3DO and Jaguar, which looked great in screenshots but played like a wet turd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_Ya4mSkDMI

and on that note, early White Zombie :rock:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

waspinator posted:

Didn't Daniel Pesina get fired for that?

Yes, and I remember reading some musing that that is why the move choreography and motion capturing in MK3 was so lousy looking since he had his hands in that for the first two games.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

Doc Morbid posted:

Trash Bag Bunch owned, I had that Bio-Degrader guy who looks like a WH40K space marine.

Speaking of things that own, here's the original Mortal Kombat arcade flyer:

I'm not sure what my favorite part of this is, because it's all amazing.

I like to believe that Richard divisio is still hanging out in a hollowed out arcade cabinet somewhere waiting to scare the poo poo out of some little kids

• Locked thread