Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

He just put the kibosh on me, do you know what the kibosh means, it's a kibosh!

The Pizza Head Show ads put out by Pizza Hut, which were nothing but Mr. Bill homages. These commercials put me right back into the mid '90s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Agok_TVaDms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

Serious Nickelodeon Question: What was the scariest episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark? If you say anything other than the pool episode or the dollhouse episode, you are empirically wrong.

While I do agree that the homicidal invisible pool monster was scary, the clear answer here is the one with Zeebo the Clown :colbert:

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

Ladies and gentleman, here's your host: PHIL MOORE!

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

Beastie posted:

Remember when you actually had to get cheat codes out of magazines instead of the internet?

Did anyone else go to book stores just to look through the game magazines and try to memorize the codes until you got home? Sometimes I'd even bring a little piece of paper to write them down.

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

OldTennisCourt posted:

I I remember this from every god drat children's video at the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-W2wubfL9k

This reminds me. Anyone else watch a lot of Home Alone on VHS?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIdcglNAEWU

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

Dominoes posted:

Who can forget the Rat Tail?

Anyone remember that kid on Figure It Out who boasted the world's longest rat tail?

I bet he still looks back on that and feels incredibly dumb to this day.

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

Anyone remember that one drink Pepsi Co made around the time the Macarena was popular? Josta I think it was called.

You just reminded me of the tons of Pepsi commercials made in the late 90s with the little girl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LnJskwydvM

And only a few months ago did I learn that she's Jesse Eisenberg's little sister.

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

Did anyone have that toy that was able to freeze your shadows on the wall? I wish I could remember what it was called since I can't find the commercial for it, but at the time it was the coolest goddamn thing I've ever seen. I still don't even know how it works.

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

Never read a word of them, just looked at the cool flipbook animation on the corners of the page. 7 year old me was very easily amused.

Same here. I did exactly the same thing. I was a huge Goosebumps kid and I think I figured that there was no room in my world for Animorphs as well.

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

Wandering Knitter posted:

It was the 13th floor. Once a girl had to drop off some papers on the classroom on the 13th floor, and kept going up and down between the 12th and 14th until she ran into a long-hair hippie who told her a story about a guy with long hair getting his ear cut off during a haircut. Then he hands are a strange paper bag with "something" in it and tells her to give it to a barber.

It was a very strange book series. Yet I was always disappointed at the lack of potato tattoos in the world. :sigh:

ACTUALLY, it was the 19th floor.

I loved the Wayside series, and it really was incredibly surreal and smartly written. My favorite kid was Todd, who always seemed completely at peace with the fact that he got sent home early on the kindergarten bus every single day.

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

Pseudonym posted:

Not only did we not mind a playing game created purely for product promotion, it was actually a very good game.

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

Lauren posted:

Here is some campy '90s poo poo that I am watching:

I have never seen this show until a couple years ago, so as someone without nostalgia goggles I can say that Twin Peaks has one of the most dated intros I've ever seen. It always feels like I'm in middle school chemistry class about to watch slides from the '60s.

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

magic pantaloons posted:

Holy poo poo, McZee! After 17 years of Creative Writer and Fine Artist being completely missing from my memory we are warmly reunited yet again. Nostalgia is quite a feeling.

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

MageMage posted:

I remember this! if anyone knows the episode of Hey Arnold! where Helga is having some sort of trip, and running through a tunnel of multi-colored hearts towards a picture of Arnold, that was one of the episodes.

I remember Nickelodeon's 3-D glasses event and I remember being pretty disappointed. Maybe my TV at the time was too small but they didn't work for me that well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

I found Rodent's Revenge to be immensely frustrating. For me, it was all about Rattler Race

• Locked thread