Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

bazaar apparatus posted:

This is one of the reasons I love the guy. He not only doesn't give a gently caress if the audience is following along, but he'll actually heckle them if they're not a good crowd. Can't wait to reach that age where I give no fucks about anything the way he does haha

Constantly making fun of the audience for being Texans and explaining how the legend of the Alamo is complete bullshit in loving Austin was pretty awesome. You could almost hear people thinking, "But we aren't Texans, we live in Austin!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Under the vegetable posted:

I don't know man, so far this seems like an all-"Greg Destroys Hecklers And/or Anyone Who Decides To Speak" night.

Oh god I must listen to this episode immediately.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

It makes me sad that Proops never watched DS9, because he'd loving love Sisko and Avery Brooks.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I don't think you can ever trust Greg to talk about the same subject for more than 15 minutes. Unless that subject is a digression from what he was originally talking about.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

The story at the beginning of Models is possibly the funniest thing I've heard on this podcast. Elizabeth Warren in a bus made of feminism made me laugh so fuckin hard.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

It was probably more that he had to do the spots at all than it was he didn't like the product.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

a commenter posted:

Actual quote from a producer of the movie, on why he liked this pitch:

"And the second reason was -- during the years that I spent running Walt Disney Studios -- I learned about how hard it was to find a fairy tale with a good strong male protagonist. You've got your Sleeping Beauties, your Cinderellas and your Alices. But a fairy tale with a male protagonist is very hard to come by. But with the origin story of the Wizard of Oz, here was a fairy tale story with a natural male protagonist. Which is why I knew that this was an idea for a movie that was genuinely worth pursuing."

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucking christ.

• Locked thread