Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Power of Pecota posted:

I was listening to Supremes yesterday, and I'm really profoundly sad that Greg thinks Jack Morris should be in the hall of fame. Between that and calling Kirby Puckett a "wonderful person" in a span of a few minutes, I was surprised compared to how on-point about stuff he is 98% of the time.

Kirby Puckett is an interesting topic, and one I'd definitely like to hear Greg talk about some time. It struck me as odd too, but I think Greg was just talking about all the great stuff that's come out of the Twin Cities, and maybe it was just not an appropriate time to run down Puck in front of a local audience. Despite turning in to (or probably always having been) a scumbag, he was a great ball player and enjoyed a fantastic reputation for a very long time. He really was M/StP's favorite son.

e: Hell, don't wait for Greg to talk about it. If you don't know what I'm yammering about, search for "The Rise and Fall of Kirby Puckett". It's fascinating, and pretty sad. It's been awhile since I've read it, but one story I remember was him having sex in a van in a mall parking lot. At one point he opens the side door, fully nude and in plain view of several people, and begins urinating on the asphalt.

Before he went nuts, he rated about a 7.5 on a "1 to Tebow" scale.

DangerDummy! fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jul 19, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

doctorfrog posted:

I barely know who this guy is and have no interest in him at all. I hope Greg sticks to the Negro Leagues.

Well, if you knew more about him you might cultivate some interest in him, you silly goose.

• Locked thread