Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Starting with a Bad Lieutenant: New Orleans discussion and ending with David Bowie? Thank you for making my Friday Greg :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
No Proopscast this week? :smith:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

rotinaj posted:

I'm listening to Balaclavas, the newest episode, and he reads aloud some of his novel, "My Fist has Two Dicks".

It's pretty bad.

I'm pretty sure it's fake, and if it isn't then it's a work of historical fiction.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
It's not as though the poo poo that happens in America is A) Completely unknown to the rest of the world, and B) Completely unrelated to things happening elsewhere in the world. I think Greg has gone after British government in a few BPPs as well, though Scotland seems like a good place to bring that flavor out. Oh well.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Does anyone else dislike how the episodes seem to be getting longer and longer? The one that came out tonight is over two hours long :stare:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I have never understood this complaint, what is keeping you from pausing and listening to the rest later?

I have a mountain of other podcasts to listen to, and I usually listen to them on my phone so if I'm the middle of one and decide to save it for later and listen to something else, it's often tough to get back to the correct spot. This problem isn't just one I have with Smartest Man, all the long podcasts I listen to have this issue.

E: What OGB said.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

If you have an issue regarding losing your spot, get pocketcasts, literally the best podcast app out there. It saves all of your last played locations among a slew of other things. ... Get Pocketcasts though, for real.

Early-model Android phone, been stuck on Android 2.1 for the last two years :negative: I'm getting a new phone this summer, I swear!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

rotinaj posted:

Am I the only one who feels like Greg has gotten really bitter and political since the early days of the Proopcast? Back in the raspberry dawn days, he always seemed... Happier.

I've been listening for several months and I've heard that same trend even in that shorter span.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Mescal posted:

That said, see him live if you can. The shows seem to have a different tone when you're there in person.

This. I went to see him back in December and we fist-bumped as he was coming off stage :3:

E: Makes factually incorrect statement, objects loudly when corrected in a fashion he doesn't like, quickly changes the subject. Greg Proops.
(in reference to the NFL part of the Snipes episode)

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Apr 16, 2013

• Locked thread