Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

yeah, this is definitely up there as one of my favourite podcasts. I think I like it best when he just goes on a tear about some poo poo he's interested in, and clearly doesn't give a gently caress if the audience is following him or not. Which is refreshing, after hearing a lot of stand up comedians desparately chasing every laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

bazaar apparatus posted:

This is one of the reasons I love the guy. He not only doesn't give a gently caress if the audience is following along, but he'll actually heckle them if they're not a good crowd. Can't wait to reach that age where I give no fucks about anything the way he does haha

Reminds me of the Stewart Lee technique of cutting the audience in half and informing half of them that they aren't following as well as the others and they need to put more effort in.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

Take a shot everytime Greg mentions Satchel Paige.

"What is the easiest way to destroy my liver?"

I'll take proopkittens for 200, Alex.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Handsome Dead posted:

Here's a legitimately dumb question: has Greg always been this nasal? I remember enjoying him on Whose Line Is It Anyway but I don't remember him sounding so much like an actually funny, actually smart, actually talented version of Alex Navarro.

this is him from the first episode of the American Whose Line. Yeah, he was always this nasal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG-T8VyXDZc

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

New episode is up and is good, but someone in the audience is trying to set the record for "world's loudest idiot" by yelling/screeching a reply to everything Greg says.

Also, he promises this will be the Pete Rose ep, then doesn't mention him until 1 hour 46 minutes in.

(I should clarify, this is a TWO HOUR EPISODE)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I don't think you can ever trust Greg to talk about the same subject for more than 15 minutes. Unless that subject is a digression from what he was originally talking about.

He is one of nature's ramblers. I'd dearly love to hear him do The Set List.

• Locked thread