Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cock Goblin
Mar 25, 2008

gobblegobblegobblegobble
thats all i do around here
Man, me and my crew love this game, glad a thread was finally made. Just look at that god drat box. How can you say no to all that stuff?

I can't wait for Hero's Call to finally get released. We're planning on restarting our adventures once all the new player races are released (but jeez I'm running out of space to HOLD everything.)

Also, did anyone here actually choose their jobs when they began adventuring or did they draw 3 from a deck and choose one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cock Goblin
Mar 25, 2008

gobblegobblegobblegobble

1Q84 posted:

So is there any point to the Creature Guide if I'm planning on getting the Creature Vault?

I like the Creature Guide because it's really nice to get fluff on the creatures. On top of that, they also toss in examples of how to use them for a story, which is useful. They have all the stats of them (obviously not ones that come with expansions) and it's just kind of a useful book to look back on.However, all the cards come with the stats and whatever, so if you know the setting well enough you should be fine. I also think the core box has most of that stuff in it?

I like mine for the sake of it being convenient and handy to look at, but it's not ABSOLUTELY necessary. If you have a local game store, browse through it and see if it's worth it to you.

Cock Goblin
Mar 25, 2008

gobblegobblegobblegobble
Finally, Hero's Call is on sale (in the US.)

Going through Amazon will be cheaper by nearly 20 dollars, so if you want to get Hero's Call (you do) then go through Amazon.

And, a new print-on-demand pack is released, Bright Order Magic.

Cock Goblin
Mar 25, 2008

gobblegobblegobblegobble

Turing sex machine posted:

There's also one in The Witch's Song, surprisingly enough. The witch, much more versatile but pretty much doomed to die from corruption eventually. I don't know what it's worth in actual play.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, Witch can go to Warlock OR to one of the Colleges of Magic. I don't know if you'll be able to keep your Hedge Magic, however. If these new classes are supposed to represent Hedge Wizards, then they can still go off to the Colleges of Magic, but by the time you hit Warlock, you're able to use Dark Magic or Chaos Magic and at that point, you're damned.

Cock Goblin
Mar 25, 2008

gobblegobblegobblegobble

Turing sex machine posted:

Two questions about the action Dramatic Flourish from the core set.

1. One possible boon effect is "the target suffers 2 stress". But all NPCs take stress in the form of wounds, right? So what is the purpose of calling it stress? Flavour? Are there monsters immune to stress? (This can also be seen on Duelist's Strike, maybe others.)

2. One side's boon effect says "the target suffers 2 stress". The other side says "the target suffers 1 stress, even if you miss." But don't boon effects that aren't extra damage trigger even if miss anyway? Or is stress treated exactly like damage for this purpose?

At it's most basic, stress against enemies CAN be just used as damage. However, there was also some advanced rules in the Creature Handbook guide that (I'm pretty sure) stated that fatigue can be used to remove Aggression dice and stress can be used to remove Cunning Dice. After that, both of them affect Expertise dice. Once that's taken away, then it's converted into damage. Also, special villain characters can be affected by stress and fatigue just like player characters if you so choose.

So, if you miss with your regular hit, they'll not suffer anything, but if it says stress is suffered, even if you miss, then the target suffers it.

• Locked thread