Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Back when a few friends and I played this a few times right after the initial release we had some problems with it. It felt like magic on the whole was severely underpowered when compared to say just shooting an arrow. You had to build up power, brave the possibility of miscast and sometimes have weird set ups like comboing creating a area of shadows where no one could see including your party and then making the shadows strike with the result being less damage than the regular mundane ranged attack. Likewise a lot of the rules were poorly written and incredibly vague in terms of how many of which dice were rolled; some incredibly important things were casually mentioned in side bars and such then never brought up again. The cool down system was also weird since you could just alternate between two different attacks which had nearly identical dice pools.

I think a lot of the problems we had were related to the terrible rulebook with no index. The fundamental game was pretty fun and we went through the intro quest which was really good so if those kind of wonky problems have been addressed (for one the main book needed to be totally rewritten) I could give it another go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread