Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

FlapYoJacks posted:

I take it back, Dark green on Tan leather is the best combo. :swoon:

this requires gold or bronze wheels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Not Wolverine posted:

Judging by the gouges in the paint under the badges, I am certain the previous owner removed them to spray paint them. I could do this, but I don't want to mess with applying new adhesive, and I think I can remove the badge's paint without damaging the vehicle. I know it might be ridiculously tedious, but I already need to occupy a couple hours of free time (waiting on other things) each night. I swapped the front badge and tested WD-40 on the painted one, the paint came off cleanly, and I could peel it off too but peeling is more work. In addition, I think my biggest concern with removing, cleaning, and reinstalling the current badges is simply that I don't have adhesive or know what to use.

To that extent, someday I would like to fill in the paint gouges, I might attempt to DIY it. I think I could practice on the scratches in the bed (I also need to ask about bed liner someday. . .), I'm also considering trying to buy a random body panel (maybe even mirror frame if I can find a metal one) from LKQ to practice on. I also have Maatco in town, but I have no idea what their price might be to fill in the gouges.

i am no detailing expert, but i would guess that wd40 would probably not damage automotive paint, and if you're worried about it maybe you could put some masking tape down around the badge so you can get the whole badge without having to meticulously peel it.