Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
I asked in the AI Stupid Questions thread, but I suspect that was the wrong place, so hopefully this is more appropriate. Sorry if I'm wrong again.

Are dealer ceramic coatings on new cars worth it? Should I negotiate out if it and have a detailer do it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

heffray posted:

The important part of a ceramic coat is the paint correction (polishing) before applying the coating, which a dealership may or may not actually be good at. If you're keeping the car in a garage, washing regularly, and using some sort of spray wax or protectant as part of the wash process, a ceramic coat doesn't really matter. It's a lot more durable than a wax job or lower effort sealant if you want to ignore your paint more.

I don't have a garage unfortunately. So it'd have to sit out. I can start using a protective coat.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
Sorry, got sidetracked over the past few days. Thanks for the advice on ceramic coatings.