Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy From NY
Dec 11, 2007
I washed and waxed the Focus today.

products:

I prefer Turtle Wax products over Meguire's, especially the quick wax. After my Black Magic wax finishes I am going to switch to Turtle Wax Ice.

Immediately after:

Took it for a spin by the lake:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy From NY
Dec 11, 2007

War Bunny posted:

I used to use Turtle Wax Ice on my Tacoma (black, with lots of black plastic). It always looked great, and it didn't get residue all over the plastic bits.

There is nothing wrong with the quality of Black Magic wax...although it does leave residue over plastic like most waxes. It leaves a great shine and I believe is top rated (or was) by Consumer Reports (take that with a grain of salt). I have seen Turtle Wax Ice do a great job and want to give it a shot. Good to hear other people enjoy Ice as well.

Some Guy From NY
Dec 11, 2007

Maksimus54 posted:

Favorite cloth seat cleaner? Tried some autozone thing with a brush head on the can and it brought out more spots if anything.

You have to clean the entire seat, not just the spot.

Some Guy From NY
Dec 11, 2007

Spaseman posted:

What's the best way to get tree sap off paint or a windshield? I bought something from the local auto parts shop and it did absolutely nothing on the spot I tested on the windshield. Some of this sap is fairly old if that matters.

grade #0000 steel wool. I always keep a piece in my cars, it removes bug guts so easily. I assume it would work the same for tree sap.

Doesn't harm the glass, but of course, test it on an inconspicuous part of glass first to verify.

Some Guy From NY
Dec 11, 2007

MetaJew posted:

Four-ought (#0000) steel wool and your cleaner of choice: white vinegar, invisible glass, etc. may be able to remove it and won't scratch your glass.

There are some glass polishing compounds + pads you can use. I've tried the ones that are applied by hand but I think you're better served with a buffer of some sort if you have one.

I think the glass polishing compound is cerium oxide and I believe you need a special pad as well. That's for very fine scratches and hazing-- and not if there is some substance on the glass itself.

It's probably also time to replace your wiper blades if they could be contaminated with the same stuff.

Can confirm, I use the #0000 steel wool on my glass all the time to get off those stubborn water marks/haze and for bug guts. you can use the steel wool dry or use a glass cleaner like invisible glass with the steel wool.

This is the steel wool I use:

https://www.amazon.com/HOMAX-PRODUC...441&sr=8-4&th=1