Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Can anyone tell me about waterless wash products, are they any good? I'm looking at Meguiar's Ultimate Waterless Wash spray that is wiped away with microfiber towels. I live in the city and am renting a garage with no water access. If I can get away with using a waterless wash inbetween taking it to a detailer that would be awesome. I'm worried if it'll damage or scratch the paint or sealant though. Obviously it could only be used if there is no heavy dirt buildup on the car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Any recommendations for a headlight restoration kit? Mine are looking a bit foggy.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Are you sure it isn't some kinda tar? I parked my car under the elevated train a few times and it happened to drip this nast sticky tar poo poo on my paint that was impossible to get off. I hear Goo Gone works well though.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
How well does Dr Colorchip work for small scratches? I've used it in the past and it seemed fine but I'm wondering if there are any issues that might crop up long term or if there is something better to use.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I've got a car from 2002 that to my knowledge has never been polished, it has some swirling and small knicks but nothing major. I'm slightly worried about polishing the car due to reducing the clear coat layer, are sealants useful for restoring or protecting clear coat? Could I get away with using a sealant instead of polishing?

I'm new to detailing, this a car I only drive in the summer and I'd like to protect it from UV damage as well. I am getting a rotary applicator if that makes a difference in my options.

Popete fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Feb 18, 2023

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
My biggest hangup with using a polishing compound is it removes a layer of clear coat and I'm paranoid about removing too much.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Clay bar and then used the new orbital to apply Meguiar's Synthetic Sealant. It didn't completely remove the swirls but I wasn't expecting it too, still improved them though and the clay bar smoothness is very satisfying.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Is it possible the glass shop can do the install at the paint shop? Maybe pay them both a little extra.

Or get the thing loaded on to the truck and only make the 10 minute drive when you see the radar is clear.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Any legit way to fix up light curb rash on forged wheels? Nicked a curb this weekend and it's bugging the crap out of me. Or is this something you're better off taking into a shop?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
A few scuffs similar to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

MetaJew posted:

Is there a good product for removing bug guts?

Goo Gone