Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I have a shameful request. I bought a largish SUV to haul the kids around in and need a handled brush suitable to wash the thing without scratching it while also not taking an hour to wash it. Also, what would be a recommendation for removing tar thats stuck to the lower sills of the vehicle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

The carpets and seat upholstery in both of my cars are champs at holding hair in them. Would a carpet brush attached to a drill help getting all of that out?

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Time for some new towels as mine are getting pretty tired. Any suggestions? I don’t need anything pricey since both my vehicles are 150k+ mile DD’s but the ability to choose colors would be a plus.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

All of my garden hoses are pieces of poo poo! What are some good ones?

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I used an iron decon for the first time today. Jesus that stuff smells terrible! Also used megs professional sealant 2.0 and am really impressed how easy that stuff is to work with. Had my car washed, clayed, polished and sealed in less than 2.5 hours.

Edit: ofc I do all that and now it's raining and my car is outside :bang:

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Megs APC 4:1, a pressure washer, and armor all tire foam or equivalent are my go to's. Maybe a light scrubbing with a soft wheel brush if it's really grody in there.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Here's a dumb loving question: I really don't like dealing with autogeek and i hate their customer service and I'm trying my best not to give Jeff B any more of my money. Where else should I be getting my car care products?

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I used this:

And a lake white pad to get a similar amount of hazing on my wife's xc90 lenses to this:

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Arson Daily posted:

I used this:

And a lake white pad to get a similar amount of hazing on my wife's xc90 lenses to this:

Last page but this worked pretty drat well for the amount of effort I put into it. Took less than 5 minutes total.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Don't sweat it OP, you're doing better than 90% of the car owning public. We're just all nit picky weirdos that try to min/max everything.

Any major brand of cleaning chemicals are going to be fine, it just boils down to personal preference. Get yourself some microfiber towels (Costco are good but I actually really like the waffle weave ones from the rag company) a couple of buckets and a grit guard. Foam cannons are fun but definitely not required.

The three must haves for me when doing any car are: aerospace 303 protectant, invisible glass glass cleaner and meguiars synthetic sealant 2.0. Good luck!

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Almost time for the fall sealant application. Should I clay again or say gently caress it?

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Now they are! Spent 9 hours getting them both shined up and now I'm praying it doesn't rain for a few days.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Hot take I use armor all tire foam and love it.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

morothar posted:

So I just bought a car from 1993 and was wondering: what’s the best product to refresh interior plastic trim, if any?

Aerospace 303 is my fav interior trim protectant. It lasts about 6 weeks or so and has a matte shine. Your 1993 car (post the car) should clean up pretty good with that

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

What's the trick to getting good foam out of a foam cannon? I'm always real hit or miss and can't seem to find a consistent solution (lol)

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I spray chemical guys lightning fast liberally on the area, let it sit for a bit and then agitate with a drill brush to break all the crud up. Then I use a bissell extractor with only hot water in the tank to suck it all up.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

How long does everyone keep their buffing/polishing pads for? I use lake county pads but replace them every couple years which is kinda spendy. I clean, dry and store them in ziploc bags so am I being hell of wasteful?

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

fknlo posted:

Any way to get that out? I hit it with some leather cleaner to no avail.

Diluted multi purpose cleaner and steam if you've got it. What is the stain exactly?

Edit: I really like armor all tire foam because it's got a fairly matte shine but wish I could I could get it without the foam because it usually gets all over the wheel which is a pain to clean off

Arson Daily fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Apr 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Im buying a new car on Sunday. A 2023 Forester in blue. It's been....20 years? since I bought a brand new car and am curious what's changed since then on what to do with a new cars paint. Just clay bar and a a decent sealant/wax? maybe iron decontaminant?