Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

Couple small questions:

If I have small swirl marks, not really bad, but looking close with the light right they are definitely there, should I just use a polishing compound? Rubbing compound? I don't have a buffer. If I'm going to wash/clay/seal the car soon would I do this after claying?

When I wash the car now I do 2 buckets, some p21s shampoo and uber wash sponge. My soap bucket gets nice and foamy but it seems hard to get enough foam on the car without constantly filling the soap bucket to generate suds. Also I don't know if I should wash the whole car, then rinse, or wash & rinse in sections. Seems like I always have spots after I rinse and if I don't go over the car with a detail spray it looks dirty up close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

What should I do with a little bit of peeling paint to prevent rust? Our car got beat up badly by hail. We fixed the glass and I don't care about the dents but a few of the large ones created cracks where the paint has peeled on the edge. It's a beater car with tons of mechanical life left so we'll just drive it like this, but I don't want it to start rusting.