Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004
Any tips on how to make this look a bit better? 27 year old paint, no clearcoat. It's long, around 20", and I'm sick of looking at it. I know it needs a complete respray but I need to hold of for another couple years before going that far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

ratbert90 posted:

Any auto paint shop will have some touchup paint. But be warned, if you go the touchup paint route be prepared to buff and plish the rest of the car, as it will look awful around dull paint.

Heck, if its single stage and you worked at it enogh you *could* blend it enough to were it wasn't even noticable at all.

I'm working on getting some Meguiers #7 glaze on the car right now and after clay barring it really makes the lovely paint look nice. I don't need it to look perfect, just better than the huge gouge.

edit: Is it worth it to buy the paint directly from BMW? It's only $30 for a Touch-Up Paint Stick

two_beer_bishes fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Mar 31, 2012

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004
Some rear end in a top hat opened their car door into mine and put a nice ding and left some paint on mine. It's a BRZ with really thin paint. I have a touch-up pen ready to use to cover up the paint that they removed, but what's the best way to remove the paint transfer that their door left? I don't have a buffer but I have a pretty nice electric drill.

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004
Thanks for the input, I think I'll grab a claybar this weekend since I've been meaning to get one anyway. If I need anything more harsh then I might go to my wife's friend who runs a detailing shop on the other side of town.

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004
For water spots I have Duragloss 755 that works really well too. I didn't use a DA, I just applied it by hand like rain-x.

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

Residency Evil posted:

What's the best way to get rid of water spots on my windshield? After that, how do I make sure my windshield cleaner doesn't leave streaks? I'm using Invisible Glass and I feel like I'm doing it all wrong.

I bought this stuff last year and it worked great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

wesleywillis posted:

Whats a good headlight buffing/restoration product? Preferably something available in Canada.

I've used the 3M kit 4 or 5 times with great results.