Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Is there a trade association, or something where I can find a good local detailer?

I want to get my car done properly about once a year, but I don't have the time nor inclination to do it. What I do have is money to pay someone to do it. The local chain here in San Antonio (Wash Tub) is garbage and don't do good work. I don't want to take my car to a fly by night detailer who is really an 18 year old kid that doesn't know what they're doing.

I would pay up to 300 dollars for a complete showroom detail with quality products from someone with real skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

ratbert90 posted:

Craigslist, but check AutoGeekOnline.com/forum first. Where are you located? I could poke around for you.

San Antonio, TX

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

ratbert90 posted:

Looks like Anthony Orosco at 2450 Babcock Rd #156 may be your best bet.

Thanks. His shop is on the other side of town, but looks like he's the man here in SA to see.

Here's the link to his site. http://www.concoursautosalon.com/

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

West SAAB Story posted:

My 15 year old ugly black car that has sat outside for, well, probably 15 years shows major waterspotting after it dries. Beyond elbow grease - what can I do to try to bring out what is left of the paint? :ohdear:

I once had some hard water spotting that sat long enough it etched the clear. Nothing short of a full polish will get rid of it.