Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wicaeed
Feb 8, 2005
This may not be the right thread for it, but here goes:

Window tinting

I would like to tint the windows of my '13 Focus ST, however I'm a complete noob to the stuff.

I've seen jobs that I would consider good looking, and I've also seen jobs that are complete poo poo (probably the roll-on/stick-on type tint)that leave bubbles everywhere after they've been on for a period of time.

Can someone school me on the different types of tint that can be purchased from the aftermarket?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicaeed
Feb 8, 2005
Fuuuuuuuuuuuck :(

Pulling into the garage last night and was a bit too hasty. Looks like I brushed up against the garage door pillar (I thought I heard the car hesitate slightly as I was pulling in).

The garage door pillar looks to be drywall, so it's possible the damage isn't too bad.

What can I use to clean off the area and see if the damage is any worse than it appears?

Just regular soap/water?

Wicaeed
Feb 8, 2005
Long shot, but can anyone recommend a good mobile detailing service in the Bay Area??

I'd like to get my car cleaned/detailed, however I don't have time on the weekends, and obviously weekdays = work :(

Wicaeed
Feb 8, 2005
What's my best bet for getting rid of 50k+ miles of buildup on my otherwise-Chrome exhaust tips?

Cleaning/scrubbing last time I cleaned my car really didn't do much to restore any shine or remove any of the current deposits from the exhaust tips.